The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo Habitation Step - No warning

Go down

Nuevo Habitation Step - No warning Empty Nuevo Habitation Step - No warning

Post by Guest Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:21 pm

I have read on various threads on here that if you have the electrically operated habitation door step deployed (Out) and you go to start the Engine you will either get a warning light/Buzzer or in some cases the step will retract.

I just tested this on our 2004 Nuevo and there was neither a light or buzzer and it certainly did not retract. Ie you could happily drive along with the step deployed although I did not actually drive off.

I am wondering if this was not a feature in 2004 and perhaps only on later models.

Last edited by Bigplumbs on Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Habitation Step - No warning Empty Re: Nuevo Habitation Step - No warning

Post by Paulmold Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:32 pm

My 2006 Nuevo had a manual step although it did have a buzzer if ýou turned on ignition but the micro-switch needed regular cleaning from the crud thrown onto it from the rear wheel.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Habitation Step - No warning Empty Re: Nuevo Habitation Step - No warning

Post by Guest Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:16 pm

Paulmold wrote:My 2006 Nuevo had a manual step although it did have a buzzer if ýou turned on ignition but the micro-switch needed regular cleaning from the crud thrown onto it from the rear wheel.

There is indeed a lot of Crud in that area. Might well be the reason. Something to look at when the weather is better me thinks. Thanks
Anonymous

Back to top Go down