The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neuvo ES Overcab Bed - does it lock up?

+4
burlingtonboaby
Richard G
BobK
Heebson
8 posters

Go down

Neuvo ES Overcab Bed - does it lock up? Empty Neuvo ES Overcab Bed - does it lock up?

Post by Heebson Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:41 pm

I’m still awaiting arrival of our 2019 Neuvo ES.

One thing we were unsure about, even after test drive, was the ‘push-up’ part of the overcab bed. It pushes up at about a 45 deg angle on two gas struts and kinda sits there - no obvious ‘locking’ mechanism. We were left wondering if it stays there whilst driving or slowly descends (or abruptly if a bumpy road) whilst driving?

I’m also guessing that if you store stuff on the bed, then all the more likely it’ll come down. 

Any insights appreciated. 

Thanks,
Heeb
Heebson
Heebson

Other / Decline to state

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Neuvo ES Overcab Bed - does it lock up? Empty Re: Neuvo ES Overcab Bed - does it lock up?

Post by BobK Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:08 pm

Not sure about your Neuvo but mine certainly has a safety catch.   You have to give it a firm push upwards to click in and then press a button to release.   Some owners on here will be able to reassure you.
BobK
BobK

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Autosleepless!!

Back to top Go down

Neuvo ES Overcab Bed - does it lock up? Empty Re: Neuvo ES Overcab Bed - does it lock up?

Post by Richard G Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:47 pm

Heebson wrote:I’m still awaiting arrival of our 2019 Neuvo ES.

One thing we were unsure about, even after test drive, was the ‘push-up’ part of the overcab bed. It pushes up at about a 45 deg angle on two gas struts and kinda sits there - no obvious ‘locking’ mechanism. We were left wondering if it stays there whilst driving or slowly descends (or abruptly if a bumpy road) whilst driving?

I’m also guessing that if you store stuff on the bed, then all the more likely it’ll come down. 

Any insights appreciated. 

Thanks,
Heeb
Mine did not lock in the up position in my Nuevo EK 2015.

I once had it in the up position on the gas struts, it happened to crash down as i went under a bridge(not a low one) gave me a bit of a moment!
Richard G
Richard G

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:51 am

Two safety clips on either side to secure the bed base upright on my old 09 Nuevo es and Sigma,didn't have gas struts through.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:35 am

I have a 2015 NuevoES. The upper bed raises into the Luton as Heebson describes. There is no locking mechanism. Provided that the raised bed is as upright as the struts allow, it doesn't move. Ours has never come down of its own accord.

We tend to leave ours down, because it gives such a large additional storage area. OK, so you bang your head a few times, but you soon remember!

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Heebson and jwells like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jwells Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:06 pm

Having had ours come down with a crash I now drop a couple of wooden battens in next to the struts when the bed is raised. Don't leave it up much as I find the space useful!
jwells
jwells

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK ES LT
Vehicle Year : ,2013

Heebson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Beetee Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:56 pm

We leave ours down as well: placing a rug to hang just over the edge seems to be sufficient warning to stop us banging our heads.
Beetee
Beetee

Female

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo (Lancashire)
Vehicle Year : 2006

Cymro, Heebson and jwells like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Billy Ruffian Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:00 pm

We’ve always left ours down.    You soon stop banging your head on it.    We use it for storage normally but occasionally as a bed.
Billy Ruffian
Billy Ruffian
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo 2 ES
Vehicle Year : 2012

Heebson likes this post

Back to top Go down