The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Travels of my Angles-Morts stickers

+5
TeamRienza
PLOUGHLIN
Peter Brown
Bad Penny
Quilter
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Travels of my Angles-Morts stickers - Page 2 Empty Re: Travels of my Angles-Morts stickers

Post by Peter Brown Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:34 pm

I confess to being given this idea by a friend.  I don't intend to attach the stickers unless challenged by the police but have stuck them onto 2mm plasticard and fitted suction pads:

Travels of my Angles-Morts stickers - Page 2 20220414
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Travels of my Angles-Morts stickers - Page 2 Empty Re: Travels of my Angles-Morts stickers

Post by v8oholic Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:04 pm

That's a good idea, but I wonder if they will survive once on the move. Ideally, somebody would make some magnetic ones.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:15 pm

v8oholic wrote:That's a good idea, but I wonder if they will survive once on the move. Ideally, somebody would make some magnetic ones.

Self adhesive disc magmets on the card?

https://www.first4magnets.com/circular-disc-rod-c34/adhesive-10mm-dia-x-1mm-n42-neodymium-magnet-0-58kg-pull-p2823#ab_1_1|ps_2_547

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

IanH likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:22 pm

On special in Lidl right now, cheapest I've ever seen

First 4 are people I've been dealing with for years, more or less friends, great to deal with and extremely knowledgable, BTW!
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:32 pm

Magnets don't stick to grp. These have been tested to 70.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:53 pm

Super glue on the magnets makes them work well!!! up! hugegrins
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:07 pm

Two of them go on the cab doors, which aren’t GRP. I believe the third one goes on the back, and isn’t so much of an eyesore. I’d probably just stick that one on permanently.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamRienza Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:29 pm

I put this years angle mort stickers on my van a few days ago. After last years trip (3 weeks) I found that they peeled off easily and cleanly. The GB sticker which I applied left a small amount of dirt along the outline of the shape of the sticker. This cleaned off easily with WD40. I expect no issues this year either although the trip is 8 weeks starting tomorrow to France and Northern Spain.

Davy
TeamRienza
TeamRienza
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Used to own a Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2006 Mk6

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:31 pm

Out of interest, I wonder if there is sufficient data to say whether fewer cyclists have been killed or injured thanks to them being warned by Angles Mort stickers on motorhomes, buses and lorries ?

Our van has been up-plated to 3700 kg and so we have to use them to stay within the law. If I sincerely believed that they did work as a warning to cyclists not to undertake then the plates would be fitted, no problem. I can’t however believe that a cyclist who does not know that undertaking a large vehicle is dangerous is going to see these stickers, decipher them and hang back. The fact that there is such a variety of different ones throughout Europe and that many lorries and buses are already sporting various other stickers does not help.

The really daft thing is that upplating the van has altered nothing in terms of the effect it would have if it hit a cyclist but if we were still plated at 3500kg then we would not have to fit them at all !
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2