Temporary holiday sites v club sites

Go down

Temporary holiday sites v club sites

Post by Paulmold on Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:04 pm

If you belong to the C&CC you may know what a THS is. We've just returned from two weeks away. We started at St.Neots C&CC site just a few days before schools broke up so price was reasonable with old codgers discount. After Norfolk show we went on to a THS at Wroxham - £10 per night. On our way home we stopped for one night only at a THS on Sandringham estate - £10.25 , followed by two nights on THS at Bridgnorth - £8.50 per night. Obviously we are now in high season and I looked at prices of club sites to compare. Sandringham has both a site for CAMC and one for C&CC. The CAMC site would have cost £32 per night, the C&CC would have cost £34. On a THS you only get water and toilet waste disposal. Electric is normally charged on sites at £4 so if we added that to the £10 THS fee that would be £14 (same as no-toilet-block CAMC sites) so they are charging in the region of £18 for use of shower and toilet for one night.
If you've never tried a THS then consider doing so. They are usually close to a town, sometimes have use of toilets/showers when on a sports field. Over the years we've stayed on some great THS's - Alnwich, York, Ripon as well as Bridgnorth and Wroxham. Check out in the C&CC mag where the THS's are located.

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Temporary holiday sites v club sites

Post by Gromit on Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:18 pm

Thanks Paul.

We have only ever stayed at the Exmouth one, which was fine. On the rugby field and right near the centre of town and the railway station. £8 per night if I recall, and use of the communal showers for an hour in the morning. (The women had a different hour - before you get over excited!!  lol4

We keep meaning to try some more, but it doesn't seem to happen. Maybe your timely post will galvanise us into action!  hugegrins

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit on Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:03 pm

Yes, thanks for the nudge. I was having a look at sites in the Yorkshire/Cumbria areas as we are planning a trip away in the next week or so and one (not a club site) is charging from £40 a night for a basic hardstanding with leccie  think_smiley_46 I won't identify it but all I can say is, no wonder it's Quiet   snigger 

I meant to add that I realise it is, of course, high(way robbery) season  Whistle1

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Libraryman2 on Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:00 pm

Myself and the missus used one at Bude, £14:00 a night on the rugby field, I've seen better facilities to be sure but it's location is very good.

Ray
Libraryman2

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : Corinium FB
Vehicle Year : 2017

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw on Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:51 pm

We're no longer members of C&CC, deciding Britstops is more up our street. But in the five years we were members we used a THS on only one occasion in Wales. Very friendly folk, if a bit cliquey with their flags and branch paraphernalia. It wasn't their fault it rained all night and turned the field into a quagmire of mud.. Tractors needed to get off in the morning...
I now prefer the solid tarmac of a pub car park when travelling around the UK. 
Al.
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content