The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Build or 1st Registration Date

4 posters

Go down

Build or 1st Registration Date Empty Build or 1st Registration Date

Post by gemdeco Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:42 pm

Hi Everyone
          On my new Mercedes MH Mercedes have decided that the servicing starts from the build date not the first registration date as the oil has been in the system for 2 years it must need changing so my vehicle with a build date of July 2019 now with only 1500miles on the clock has to have a service to maintain warranty,do you think I will get anywhere if I make a complaint to customer services
regards
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Member Age : 73
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Build or 1st Registration Date Empty Re: Build or 1st Registration Date

Post by Relaxez-Vous Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:03 pm

Had the same thing with our Peugeot Boxer, and it would also be nice if my wife's Audi car listened to us to understand that service intervals were delayed last year because of covid. She's been getting a reminder every time the ignition is switched on, but it's not due until at least September.
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:10 pm

No, Mercedes have no control over how long AS hold a vehicle to be built but all oils have a defined operating life which cannot be halted. One of the disadvantages of synthetic oils over naturals is the compound deteriorates. It is an unfortunate fact that the mileage done is of no relevance and it is very likely that there will be nothing wrong with the oil removed but are you will to bet that against an engine rebuild out of warranty.

Perhaps AS or more properly the dealer should have advised you of the discrepancy in dates but I suspect it would have not stopped the sale. Yes you are going to have to have the service early  but it will only be once then it is back on schedule.

Doing a 2 year service what you would see as after 1 year means you are being charged unfairly for half the service cost, I don't know what the charge is but if that comes to £150-£200 I view that against a £66,000 van that is around 0.3% extra paid out.

Incidentally it was over 20 years ago but there was around 18 month between my chassis build and its 1st registration.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by RML Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:16 am

If the service interval counter is electronic and timed perhaps it starts when the vehicle rolls off the production line and will inform you accordingly.  Shouldn't MB be aware of this?
Rich..
RML
RML

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Ex - Gatcombe
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Boggie Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:28 pm

The service interval timings operate the same for all vehicles, be they cars or vans.
I have a 2019 Bourton and this was first registered in April but built by AS earlier in the year.  The vehicle system will have been reset on the pre delivery inspection at first registration and this is the base line for any future service time and mileage. I was advised of this by the service agent at Northside Mercedes. The warranty and service requirement runs from the date of first registration so don’t waste your money.
Cheers
Boggie
Boggie
Boggie

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2019

RML, PLOUGHLIN and Suppersready like this post

Back to top Go down