The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V5 Registration Document Incomplete

+4
PLOUGHLIN
Weegie
Roopert
gpilky
8 posters

Go down

V5 Registration Document Incomplete Empty V5 Registration Document Incomplete

Post by gpilky Sun May 10, 2020 11:17 am

Hi All,

This year I took possession of a Broadway EB and like most people during lockdown I've been taking the opportunity to do small jobs and other bits-and-bobs. I was looking at the V5 for the motorhome and noticed that there is no information on it regarding either the Euro rating or the CO2 emissions. I'd like to get the V5 corrected as this might cause some problems accessing the ever increasing number of emission control zones both in the UK and across Europe.

My vehicle was first registered in July 2017 but my research has suggested it was a 2016 model (mostly based on the descriptions given in the Auto-sleepers brochures for the time). I believe that the base vehicle (Peugeot) is likely a Euro 5 (as there is no Ad-Blue and no 'smart alternator') - I have found a sticker on the engine mount that says its a "2.2 Puma" and Servicebox confirms it is 150 HP.

Can anyone help with the following questions?

1. Can you confirm that the base vehicle is a 'Euro 5'?

2. Does anyone have the CO2 value for the base vehicle?

3. Can anyone point me to links and documentation so I can gather the evidence needed to change the V5?

As an aside, the sticker with '2.2 Puma' on it has a number on it that is different from the engine number in the V5. Does anyone know what this refers to? Where is the engine number located and is it possible to see with the engine in the vehicle?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Gary
gpilky
gpilky

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

V5 Registration Document Incomplete Empty Re: V5 Registration Document Incomplete

Post by Roopert Sun May 10, 2020 1:29 pm

You may already have done this, but if you haven't... I would first check with the DVLA to see which parts of the V5 they will allow an owner to ask to be updated and which they will not. I suspect that the emissions data may be one of those things that they will not allow changes to after the point of first registration. It would be a shame to spend time tracking the info down only to find that it cannot be used anyway!
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

V5 Registration Document Incomplete Empty Re: V5 Registration Document Incomplete

Post by Weegie Sun May 10, 2020 1:34 pm

Check your copy of the Type Approval Certificate - if it was required, the emissions figure will be recorded on that.

This page might help with your Euro compliance question. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Weegie on Sun May 10, 2020 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Weegie
Weegie

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kingham

Back to top Go down

Post by gpilky Sun May 10, 2020 2:41 pm

Roopert wrote:You may already have done this, but if you haven't... I would first check with the DVLA to see which parts of the V5 they will allow an owner to ask to be updated and which they will not. I suspect that the emissions data may be one of those things that they will not allow changes to after the point of first registration. It would be a shame to spend time tracking the info down only to find that it cannot be used anyway!

Hi Roopert - thanks for the reply. A good point and I'll do that. I suspect the first dealer made a cock-up with the first registration by not including this information when they sold the motorhome. It may be I need something from them (or Auto-Sleepers or Peugeot) to 'persuade' DVLA.

I'm curious whether anyone else has had a similar problem, and how it was resolved?

Gary
gpilky
gpilky

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gpilky Sun May 10, 2020 2:55 pm

Weegie wrote:Check your copy of the Type Approval Certificate - if it was required, the emissions figure will be recorded on that.

This page might help with your Euro compliance question. 

Hi Weegie - thanks for the reply. I have seen the RAC page but it really didn't help much. I do not have a 'Type Approval Certificate' - I bought the motorhome second hand and wasn't given one. I do have the approval number on the V5 and the vehicle plates, but not a certificate. Would a certificate have been given to the first purchaser when buying from the dealer?

I am assuming that I can get a copy from Auto-Sleepers but they appear to be closed due to the Coronavirus. I expect that all owners of a Broadway EB of around the same age would have the same certificate and was wondering is someone would be kind enough to share a copy. The approval number I have on the V5 is E11*2007/46*0330*04, and the base vehicle plate is E3*2007/46*0045. 

Gary
gpilky
gpilky

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Sun May 10, 2020 3:00 pm

I believe, up to 2019 the second stage conversion ie AS build did not require a declaration of CO2 value.The original Peugeot chassis cab values are not relevant.

In this buyer's guide, it says 2010 on engines are euro 5 compliant, and from 2016 with the 2.0l engine Euro6 (with an Adblue tank?).

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamRienza Sun May 10, 2020 3:12 pm

I applied for the German and more lately the French stickers when it was introduced.

My 2016 registered (2015 model) V5 does not carry any co2 value or euro rating. I was awarded the stickers based on the date of registration which I believe is the standard practice.

It is only since September of last year that vans have to have co2 readings available, hence the whole issue of VED increasing on new vans. There are many threads on this, some interesting and some less so, but the nub of the info is that the base manufactures cannot measure the co2 as the converter influences the figure by the weight and shape of the van. This is how vans such as mine end up at £165 which is the rate for heavy goods vehicles over 3500kg.

Since sept of 2019 converters are responsible for the publication of co2 which I assume requires testing of the finished vehicle.

I think my recollections are correct, perhaps someone more technically minded will reply.

My Euro 5 van has a yellow 2 crit air sticker and a German green 4 sticker. I imagine you should receive similar. Be cautious when applying that you use the correct websites as each will only be about €5. There are sites who offer to apply for you at more expensive rates. Application is straightforward, the only common issue was shrinking the photo of your V5 to the correct size.

Hope this is helpful.

Davy
TeamRienza
TeamRienza
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Used to own a Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2006 Mk6

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sun May 10, 2020 4:35 pm

When AS open again, ask them to send you the certificate of conformity for your vehicle, that's what I've used as proof of emissions.  Mine below:

Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by gpilky Sun May 10, 2020 4:44 pm

TeamRienza wrote:I applied for the German and more lately the French stickers when it was introduced.

My 2016 registered (2015 model) V5 does not carry any co2 value or euro rating. I was awarded the stickers based on the date of registration which I believe is the standard practice.

It is only since September of last year that vans have to have co2 readings available, hence the whole issue of VED increasing on new vans. There are many threads on this, some interesting and some less so, but the nub of the info is that the base manufactures cannot measure the co2 as the converter influences the figure by the weight and shape of the van. This is how vans such as mine end up at £165 which is the rate for heavy goods vehicles over 3500kg.

Since sept of 2019 converters are responsible for the publication of co2 which I assume requires testing of the finished vehicle.

I think my recollections are correct, perhaps someone more technically minded will reply.

My Euro 5 van has a yellow 2 crit air sticker and a German green 4 sticker. I imagine you should receive similar. Be cautious when applying that you use the correct websites as each will only be about €5. There are sites who offer to apply for you at more expensive rates. Application is straightforward, the only common issue was shrinking the photo of your V5 to the correct size.

Hope this is helpful.

Davy

Hi Davy - thanks for your reply. Its somewhat reassuring to know they use the registration date for the stickers, and because the registration date is July 2017, it would likely assume it is Euro 6 which is to my advantage (since Euro 6 came in in September 2016 according to the RAC).

Unfortunately, this may not be the case in the UK. If I go to the government emissions checker (https://vehiclecheck.drive-clean-air-zone.service.gov.uk/vehicle_checkers/enter_details) I get the message:

"Vehicle Details are incomplete. Data used to calculate the compliance of your vehicle is missing from your V5C registration certificate (log book). You may be charged for driving in a clean air zone when the zones start charging in early 2021".

Not sure what they are looking for in the UK but I assume that its either the Euro class or the CO2 emissions. Ironically, in London where it all started, I  will not be required to pay the ULEZ or the LEZ charges according to the TFL checker.

Gary
gpilky
gpilky

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gpilky Sun May 10, 2020 4:48 pm

Peter Brown wrote:When AS open again, ask them to send you the certificate of conformity for your vehicle, that's what I've used as proof of emissions.  Mine below:

Hi Peter. Thanks very much for sharing this. Clearly this contains the information I need to get my V5 corrected. I'll contact Auto-Sleepers and see if I can't get a copy of my certificate of conformity.

Gary
gpilky
gpilky

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by pstallwood Mon May 11, 2020 12:32 pm

It was an omission so, I believe, motorhomes didn't get clobbered for higher rates of VED. This changed about a year or so ago to great dismay when buyers found that they were going to pay large amounts of VED for several years. This has, sensibly, been changed and VED reduced to the old system.

I have got the stickers (Germany and France) for two vans - one was a 2008 and the other a 2017 - neither of which had CO2 marked on the V5 without any problems.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton

Back to top Go down

Post by Piksie51 Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:55 pm

Don't forget that the DVLA is currently only dealing with front line workers due to COVID. They are also requesting that you do not send any paperwork/documents to them. I sent V5 one week before lockdown and have still not received a replacement. Have written letters but they don't answer.
Piksie51
Piksie51

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:15 pm

My insurance company last year picked up that my 20 year old Amethyst is recorded as being a van not a motor caravan. (what happened to the previous 20 years?)

I had great difficulty with DVLA getting them to agree to the amendment as they kept asking for documentation such as the C of C (which did not exist at that time) and bills for the conversion as their process assumes I had done the conversion recently.

Much emails to and fro between me, Auto Sleeper and a named person at DVLA before I could get it sorted. Nearly had the insurance invalidated.

On the basis of my documentation it did come down to Auto Sleeper as the cause. The base vehicle was built and supplied to AS in 1998 but was not registered as a vehicle until they did the conversion in 1999. All the dealer did is define the number plate assigned to the vehicle.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down