The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mercedes Sprinter radio

+2
Norwich Lass
tony25
6 posters

Go down

Mercedes Sprinter radio Empty Mercedes Sprinter radio

Post by tony25 Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:48 pm

I have a 2021 model Stanton and there is very poor reception on the radio. Is this normal? Am I wrong to expect similar reception to that in my car?
tony25
tony25

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Stanton
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Mercedes Sprinter radio Empty Re: Mercedes Sprinter radio

Post by Norwich Lass Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:52 pm

Still having issues with our 2021 Malvern 
Been back and forward but apparently it can’t be resolved .
A technician recently said paying £600 for MyFi would resolve issue ….. hmmm
Norwich Lass
Norwich Lass

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Malvern
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Norwich Lass Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:54 pm

2018 model !
Norwich Lass
Norwich Lass

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by BB.Wales Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:22 am

I have just installed one of the Chinese computer systems in my 14 Burford, the screen is 10.1 inch, I did also buy the additional DAB unit and I must say the system is amazing.  You have full Android operating system, so Google maps for navigation, apps by the score e.g. search for sites, ACSI, park4night to name a few. DAB works lovely only problem I encountered was the Merc aerial connector but that was easily rectified.  I realise mounting in a 7 year old van is acceptable but not so in a new unit.
BB.Wales
BB.Wales

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Burford
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by BB.Wales Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:23 am

Mifi is less than that, our unit cost £40 and then whichever contract you want to use
BB.Wales
BB.Wales

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Burford
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Boggie Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:09 pm

Hi, Tony 25, You are not alone! There have been previous posts on this subject including an earlier one from me when I thought I had it sorted, (but not)
I am having similar issues with our 2019 Bourton. When we picked it up from the non-franchised dealer in April from Nottingham, we soon realised that there was something wrong as it was losing reception every couple of minutes on the 40 mile journey home. Having tried cleaning the contact between the mast and the antenna base, we took it back to the dealer. Their engineer took off the mast again and sprayed the contact in the base unit with electrical cleaner, which seemed to improve things, but since then the reception quality has gone downhill again. I can get no more than 6 stations and we are back to  very frequent drop outs again, some lasting up to 10 minutes. One thing about these radios is that I cannot see any way to do a manual scan station search, I think the radio only does auto searches.
I believe this is either an antenna issue, or an antenna amplifier issue. The navigation works perfectly off the same antenna base in which there are 4 cable connections. It looks like these are a black negative power cable, a red earth cable, the signal cable for the sat nav, and the signal cable to the radio and amplifier.
I have booked our motorhome into AS in February for them to look at this problem plus a couple of other issues.
It is also due to go into Northside Trucks in Doncaster, (our nearest Mercedes Commercial official dealer) for completion of a manufacturer recall early next month, and so I have phoned Mercedes customer support (00 800 9777 7777) and complained about poor reception and the annoying inconvenience of the issue. They said the Radio

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]should receive 30 plus stations so they have approved Northside Mercedes to allocate some man hours to looking at the problem to see if they can resolve it.
Having done this I’ve been back to AS on email to ask them if they can provide any wiring schematics and details of their cable routings of the roof mounting to help Northside Mercedes in their troubleshooting. AS are saying their email correspondence is slow at the moment due to heavy traffic so I hope I get a reply before the  due date with Mercedes in November!

Has anyone had experience of fitting a screen mounted radio antenna in their Merc cab?  Bring back FM!!!!
Boggie
Boggie

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton

Back to top Go down

Post by grahamsb Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:08 pm

Hi Boggie,

Did Northside Trucks manage to cure the fault with the radio?
grahamsb
grahamsb

Male

Vehicle Year : 2022

Back to top Go down

Mercedes Sprinter radio Empty Bourton Poor Radio Reception

Post by Boggie Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:37 pm

Sorry for the late reply on this, 
At this time the radio reception issue hasn’t been resolved. On the morning  of 4th November when it was due to go back into Northside Trucks for coding of a previous recall, the Bourton suffered from total electronic failure because the EZS control unit which controls all the functions on the base vehicle. Couldn’t unlock it with the remote, couldn’t get the ignition on, couldn’t get the brakes off. Totally dead.
The Bourton is still there because of the shortage of CPU’s coming out of China and Mercedes don’t know when they will be allocated one. They also rang last week to say a 2020 Bourton had been recovered into their workshop with exactly the same issue.

The irony is that whilst the Bourton has been there for the past 6 weeks, they cannot do anything about testing and fixing the radio without the new EZS unit installed as it wont work without the control module.
Just  got a Mercedes UK recall notice too from DVSA telling me to take it into a Mercedes dealer to have the rear brake callipers changed. Never rains but it pours!

Merry Christmas everyone its good to be part of such a great support group!
Boggie.
Boggie
Boggie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Stephens Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:13 am

Hi reading with interest your comments on the radio and now your new issues we’ve a 2020 Malvern with all your issues including bodywork failure around a window. I’ve found a link on the internet for a company who carries out repairs to the EZS unit. Mark[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mark Stephens
Mark Stephens

Male

Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Boggie Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:35 am

Hi Mark,
Many Thanks for the info. I'll bear it in mind, but as this is under warranty by Mercedes I will have to let them go through their own repair process.
Cheers
Boggie
Boggie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Stephens Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:38 am

Hi wouldn’t they consider using this as a way of getting you going. The work appears to give a warranty?
Mark Stephens
Mark Stephens

Male

Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down