The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AutoSleepers Quality Control Pt 3

+29
Richard75
IanH
v8oholic
Shockabilly
Peterm
Peter Brown
Victor Johnstone
groundhog
Tinwheeler
Sunbeampizza
RML
inspiredron
gassygassy
willyolly
Gromit
Dbvwt
bikeralw
CC
Relaxez-Vous
wilksy
mikethebike
Kdc
jacklee2
Caraman
jwells
Paulmold
Kemerton-bath
gemdeco
RCBirmingham
33 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

AutoSleepers Quality Control Pt 3 - Page 4 Empty Re: AutoSleepers Quality Control Pt 3

Post by Epicurus Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:44 pm

Paulmold wrote:Back in 2016 MMM mag interviewed Geoff  Scott CEO and I quote....

Quotes from Geoff Scott -
"We build a quality motorhome that doesn't leak and therefore we're very confident to put wood in the construction"
"Our quality levels have also improved - our warranty claims have never been lower"
"We constantly review the performance of our partners/suppliers and, if we feel there is an issue, we try and help them to improve and if that doesn't work, then we may change supplier"
"We believe the customer is king".

That's about a year before Trigano took over...

This thread makes for a sad read.  I love my Auto-Sleepers van conversion, there isn't much on the market that matches them for layout and features, quality of furnishings etc.  The bed in mine is so comfy I fall asleep in moments!

On the other hand, you do become numb to the need for trips back to the dealer!  My model was a bit of a prototype when I bought it and was missing some of the features shown on promo videos.  To be fair to both Auto-Sleepers and Marquis, they have never argued with me and always agreed to put things right.  This included a trip to the Cotswolds to retrofit aforesaid missing features FoC.

It hasn't put me off, if anything it's reminded me I was fortunate to buy from a dealer 3 miles away. I would buy Auto-Sleepers again, but probably be more thorough on the initial collection.
Epicurus
Epicurus

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Fairford Plus
Vehicle Year : 2020

Admin, mikethebike, Kdc and Caraman like this post

Back to top Go down

AutoSleepers Quality Control Pt 3 - Page 4 Empty Re: AutoSleepers Quality Control Pt 3

Post by Admin Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:16 pm

Kemerton-bath wrote:As for whether AS take note of this forum, judging by number of issues that repeatedly get reported on here year after year, they do not. I cannot believe they are ignorant about the existence of ASOF, it doesn’t take any effort to find online, but they have chosen to ignore the body of experience and generally objective feedback that exists here. In my view that speaks volumes about the company’s values as a customer focussed, quality driven manufacturer. 

Tim

Sadly from the very start Auto-Sleepers have given the forum a wide berth. When we launched we practically begged them to acknowledge us or take some interest but they’ve just not been interested. I think the issue is as they have ‘No Control’ over the forums so they won’t acknowledge or get involved in anyway. 

We had similar rejection from ASOC (owners club) but with time and help from both Roger (roli) & Peter Brown this has ‘albeit slightly’ improved.

I would be happy to give Auto-Sleepers their own section to post news, articles, new releases, factory info etc but sadly I don’t see them ever reaching out to us, they are big enough to not need or worry about us, and would prefer all issues to go through their website, or customer services dept, which I can fully understand.

Regards 

Ed

Site Admin
Site Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4