The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burford Duo Quality

+2
Jaytee
Old fart thing
6 posters

Go down

Burford Duo Quality Empty Burford Duo Quality

Post by Old fart thing Fri May 08, 2015 4:14 pm

Just joined forum. After many years and many caravans decided to try motor homies. Went to Marquis last June where a sales guy introduced me to the Burford Duo. Why is it all salespeople actually believe their own non-truths!,, I go on, the duo met our requirements exactly and according to Mr Salesman the model they had in stock was fresh off the factory floor and had arrived at their centre for the use as demonstrator for an event the previous weekend. NO NO it wasn't. After taking delivery I found documentation proving the vehicle was converted 12 months before and wasn't the latest model. No I didn't take it back, but that is another boring story.
On the first journey we ran over a matchstick and put our backs out (o/k not true) but I immediately fitted Glideright four bag full air to the rear (WONDERFULL).
Problems I've had have been mainly due to poor workmanship, all of which I have rectified myself, I list as follows; Re position table from under bed. Hot air vents blowing on to the underside of the fridge door. Arm rests fitted upside down so that no height adjustment. Water and waste tank indicators showing incorrectly due to non waterproof 12 volt connectors being positioned in the firing line of the spray from the o/s rear wheel. Manual dipping interior lights intermittent (factory mod. Cut them out!!!!). Cab to lounge floor joint collapse (that bit of 2x1 with two screws gave way). Fitted guide tubes to rear jacks to save the boss having to wash my trousers each journey. Thank goodness for Mark in technical who has been a great guy to talk to regarding problems. Just increased max weight to 4metric ton, easy thanks to SVTech. Auto Sleeper you need to up your game.
Old fart thing
Old fart thing

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper : Burford Duo
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Burford Duo Quality Empty Re: Burford Duo Quality

Post by Jaytee Fri May 08, 2015 4:24 pm

Hi there and a big welcome to the forum. Isn't it interesting the different impressions and problems we get from the same manufacturer shrugg We had a lot if niggles, all now sorted and without any resistance from either Marquis Tewkesbury or AS so now have the perfect MH. Others on here have had virtually zero probs and yours has had many.
Fortunately the end result seems to always be a wonderful MH and with excellent build quality compared to many.
Interesting re the gross weight upgrade. Did you keep the max towing weight at 2tonnes and I could I be cheeky and ask cost to increase and any mods you had to do?
All best JT

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Old fart thing Fri May 08, 2015 4:51 pm

Good to hear from you. Suggest you call SVTECH on 01772 621800 for advice. I had already fitted the air suspension to the rear, don't know if that made any difference. No other chassis mods. have been undertaken. I phoned them and they emailed the forms, after posting back and arranging BACS FOR £312.00 inc. vat they sent new weight label and form to send DVLA. Oh yes, you need to advise your insurer, in my case no extra charge. Have not heard from DVLA to date so don't know if the RF will be more or less.
Reason for doing this was because my visit to the weighbridge confirmed that was only legal if I left my wife at home (tempting but I now have hearing aids, previously I couldn't hear her)
Old fart thing
Old fart thing

Male

Member Age : 81
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertie Bassett Fri May 08, 2015 9:09 pm

Ahhhh, my commiserations, the clue for me was the seventeenth word in your post! Good luck and as jaytee has said you#ll end up with a great van....pity it wasn't like that when you collected it.
Our experience with the Broadway we collected 3 weeks ago exactly the opposite of yours but that was almost certainly down to to my dealer at ALL stages of the buying/ordering/preparation process, (Moran's in Ludlow).
Good Luck!

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Fri May 08, 2015 10:57 pm

Just had to go back and count words scratch head Yes, I think you are correct  Whistle1

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfred Sat May 09, 2015 9:57 am

After 18 months and quite a bit of work done free on the the 3 year warranty I'm still very happy with our local seventeenth word dealer.

We were less happy with the the dealer we bought our first van from. The salesman omitted to tell us about certain problems. However we are still glad we bought it as it was a great start to motorhoming. We had also caravanned for over thirty years and now wish we had changed sooner.

Enjoy your
oldfred
oldfred

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Sat May 09, 2015 10:28 am

Yes, agree Oldfred, I wish we had changed to MH's earlier. Am trying to cram if all in now while still reasonably fit allthumbz

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jht sheffield Fri May 15, 2015 10:27 am

We have had our Burford for just over a year. One or two minor niggles all sorted by Mark at Derby. Delighted with it, OK nothing will suit everyone in every way. I accept that but overall......great
jht sheffield
jht sheffield

Male

Member Age : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by dmtankerman Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:18 pm

Hi 
We took delivery of our burford and whilst it was virtually new  the overall experience let’s it down 
It’s a shame that the van is sold as a golden nugget but is only a pewter pot🤔maybe I should write to AS 
Dear AS, css as n you supply me with the burford on a 4tonne chassis but longer wheel base , side island bed and chuck away the cab blinds. Oh and knock off 10k?🤔🤔
dmtankerman
dmtankerman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Burford fb
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down