The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gas regulator

3 posters

Go down

gas regulator Empty gas regulator

Post by jubejube Wed May 26, 2021 1:47 pm

Hi guys had my ec 325 replaced with ec 328 everything working fine except it took me 6 hours to fill water tank also gas not working has this got anything to do with new power box or is it just coincident because we havent used for over 1 year, is it easy to fit a regulator to my Lancashire (Neuvo ) thanks
jubejube
jubejube

Female

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire

Back to top Go down

gas regulator Empty Re: gas regulator

Post by Gromit Wed May 26, 2021 2:38 pm

I assume none of the taps are turned off by the fitter when you had the EC325 replaced? They often do, and fail to turn them back on!  rolleyes

How long did you wait before deciding the gas was not working?

Air cannot possibly leak into the system, but somehow it does after a long period of lack of use!! (Don't ask me how!  shrugg)

The fridge is usually worst affected, although it can take a long time to light the gas hob. Half a minute at least, which seems like ages as you stand and click!!

The fridge will often appear to light, but when you check five minutes later the little swine has gone out. Irritating, but it will settle down after a couple of attempts.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Dead easy to fit a new regulator. A few minutes job for a gas engineer.

If you need one I would suggest you get a Cavagna regulator. Half the price of a Truma, and far less likely to get clogged up with oily residue . . . which may be why your gas isn't working of course.

It doesn't happen so often now, but a few years ago there were loads of reports - something to do with an oily residue getting into the bottles or tanks somehow??
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

gas regulator Empty Re: gas regulator

Post by Roopert Wed May 26, 2021 4:08 pm

Agreed with what Gromit says, and there is nothing about the EC325/8 that should stop the gas working, other than being turned off at the gas manifold while the van is being worked on!

And the possibility of contamination of the regulator cannot be ruled out - a few years back I poured about a tablespoon full of oil out of my (non-working) regulator. I replaced it, but did subsequently test it and it appeared to work perfectly.

And... as he says, it can take what seems an infeasible amount of time to purge the air out of the system if it's been stood for a while - you just have to be patient...
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

gas regulator Empty gas regulator

Post by jubejube Fri May 28, 2021 7:50 pm

thanks for your help guys had to get a new gas regulator, it was goosed, also had a blockage in my whale water system ,but all fine now heading up to Carnoustie on Tuesday, really looking forward to the break .Different scenery
jubejube
jubejube

Female

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire

v8oholic likes this post

Back to top Go down