The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gas-it auto changeover regulator query

3 posters

Go down

Gas-it auto changeover regulator query Empty Gas-it auto changeover regulator query

Post by CC Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:28 pm

just got a second Gas-it bottle add on kit, but at the same time got their Micro 30mb Regulator with built in auto change over valve. 

As I've mentioned before the Broadway has a very short gas locker so I need to clarify how I go about fitting the new regulator ' changeover as in these pictures

Pic1 shows how little height there is if I place it where the current regular is sited, also the regular will be rotated with the pigtail outlets coming down on one and coming out at the top which isn't ideal, gas-it seem to think I could use one of these [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Pic2 is it possible to add an elbow to the gas pipe in this pic so the regulator can be positioned with the pigtails to each bottle come out of each side of the regulator?

How difficult is it to alter the gas pipe or extend it with a bend in order to get a decent fit and position?

Thanks

CC best_friends

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Gas-it auto changeover regulator query Empty Re: Gas-it auto changeover regulator query

Post by Peter Brown Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:29 pm

source a flexible pipe with two male ends is the easiest but you need to keep the regulator above the bottle outlets to stop oil getting in to it.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Gas-it auto changeover regulator query Empty Re: Gas-it auto changeover regulator query

Post by CC Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:14 pm

Thanks Peter... I went with the regulator adaptor as suggested by Gas-it and after taking another look should be able to work it! Had a look around for a flexipipe as you suggested but could find nothing suitable. Also have a 10mm brass elbow which might come in useful, no problem keeping the regulator higher than the bottles as it'll only be a tad lower than the current Truma regulator.

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:42 pm

The guy who installed in my last van got a flexible pipe from local Calor depot.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:45 pm

I realise that it is too late now that you are fixed up, but for future reference, and for anyone else in the same situation, have a look round some of the industrial estates for a company who make up hydraulic hose.
They should be able to make something suitable up for you. Most will have fittings for almost any application and may even be able to provide a suitable type of hose.

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:48 pm

Hi Peter and Frank

Having a rethink about how I go about fitting, was going to use an elbow of the main pipe then add some pipe bent with a pipe bender to get neat pipe work to the regulator as I want to fit it vertically with the bottle connections on each side.... Rather than horizontal to the current pipe work which is easier to do but I know it'll annoy me

Is this pipe anything like what you meant? (Below) As I can get one made up in any length I want (about 30cm) but the fittings are 8mm and the pipe work on the Broadway is 10mm so I've figured I could add a couple of 10mm to 8mm compression reducers but will this have any effect on things? I'm presuming not but just clarifying, only other concern is the residue from the rubber hose hence I now use stainless steel Gaslow hoses? 

Here's pic anyway CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:26 pm

What type of liner is it on the SS hose? The stainless braid is just the outer reinforcement.

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:33 pm

Hi Frank.... The Gaslow hoses don't have any rubber, they have a stainless steel Flexible inner pipe, and then a braided steel and a plastic outer sheath. 

From Gaslow: Made from Stainless Steel, the rubber free hose removes the possibility of oily plasticiser residue from the rubber contaminating your regulator.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:26 pm

Thanks for that, very odd! they usually have a PTFE or similar lining with a braided reinforcement over it. That is for 'normal' hose rather than gas hose.

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:17 pm

Finally got this sorted today... 

Went with some high quality Italian Faro LPG hose and ends which you can only get up to 8mm so used a 10mm to 8mm reducer compression fixing to join up to the pipe work. The Faro hose is available from Gas-it and is used a lot in auto LPG conversions.

Have done a leak test which showed no leaks, think I'd still prefer to get it pressure tested though.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:38 pm

Looks good CC.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down