The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Covid Hab Service Delays and AS Warranty

+3
rgermain
Paulmold
Razzy
7 posters

Go down

Covid Hab Service Delays and AS Warranty Empty Covid Hab Service Delays and AS Warranty

Post by Razzy Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:36 pm

Apologies if my search of the forum hasn't found previous postings or my search of the AS website has failed to find the relevant information but does anyone know the formal AS position about their warranty on new motorhomes and hab service delays due to lockdowns?  I ask because my Winchcombe was due it's first annual hab service in October 2020 and I booked this well ahead with the supplying dealer last summer who nearer the time contacted me to cancel it as they were closing their showroom and service workshops due to the "firebreak" second lockdown at that time in Wales (where they are based and where I live).  At that time they rebooked it in for January 2021 and confirmed on the phone the delay wouldn't affect the AS warranty.  They then cancelled the January 2021 service when the third lockdown was announced for Wales in December 2020 and at that time they promised to contact me to rebook when they opened again and that it would be a priority booking given all the delays but I didn't hear anything from them.  The lockdown continued in Wales until last Friday and having not heard from them I contacted them today to find out their reopening plans after the Welsh Gov update last Friday about easing the lockdown, I was told they are fully booked until June and that now there might only be a 4 month "grace period" from AS for the warranty to remain valid!  I then spoke to someone more senior at the dealer and went through the background with them they have now booked it in for April and said the warranty situation would be "alright" as it will be done within 6 months of the due date. I asked for this to be confirmed by email but nothing through yet so I have emailed them confirming my recollection of the discussion.  I fully appreciate much of this is outside anyone's control due to the pandemic and lockdowns and I hope the service will go ahead as planned but wondered if anyone knows the formal AS position about warranties and hab service delays?
Razzy
Razzy

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Covid Hab Service Delays and AS Warranty Empty Re: Covid Hab Service Delays and AS Warranty

Post by Paulmold Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:07 pm

Try an email to the Customer Services Manager Peter Tombs..

Peter can be contacted by email
peter.tombs@auto-sleepers.co.uk

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Covid Hab Service Delays and AS Warranty Empty Re: Covid Hab Service Delays and AS Warranty

Post by rgermain Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:52 pm

Got an email from Dolphin Motorhomes today, saying all manufacturers are aware of the delays and have extended the SMMT ( what ever that is?) grace periods. 

But as Paul say's better check with AS just to be safe.
----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:56 pm

rgermain wrote:Got an email from Dolphin Motorhomes today, saying all manufacturers are aware of the delays and have extended the SMMT ( what ever that is?) grace periods. 

----------
Richard
SMMT = society of motor manufacturers  and traders.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Razzy Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:43 pm

Thanks both - I'll contact Peter Tombs at AS and let you know when I hear back.

Thanks again
Razzy
Razzy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:00 pm

Paulmold wrote:
rgermain wrote:Got an email from Dolphin Motorhomes today, saying all manufacturers are aware of the delays and have extended the SMMT ( what ever that is?) grace periods. 

----------
Richard
SMMT = society of motor manufacturers  and traders.
Thank you for the info. smile!

----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:04 pm

I am not sure which areas of AS are open, I have been trying to contact the spares dept. and see they are furloughed, also have some doors on replacement via sales dept. but that seems to have dried up also.
----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobskate Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:04 pm

I had my van booked in at Willersey to have some work done. I subsequently received an email to say they were suspending work due to Covid which is quite understandable I also heard from Dolphin that they are reopening in April. I’m not too concerned for the moment and I expect I will be contacted by AS to reschedule my vehicle in due course. Out of interest I thought I would have a look at their website to see if there was any update.

Covid....what Covid? There is nothing on the site more recent than October last year. In fact it would appear you could in theory still book your van it.
I find this incredible.....other companies’ sites have covid as the first item....but then perhaps I am not surprised.
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Razzy Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:47 pm

Thanks again for the replies.  As an update I emailed Peter Tombs on Monday as suggested but I've had no reply or automatic "out of office" message back yet.  Assume AS may be closed down at the moment?  I will email again next week and I will post an update if I hear anything back.
Razzy
Razzy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by AliG Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:20 pm

They are still building vans at the moment.
AliG
AliG

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by steamdrivenandy Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:23 pm

They are still building vans, but according to Spinney yesterday, there are serious shortages of parts coming in from abroad and it will mean that they'll shortly have to stop or severely reduce production. Deliveries of completed vans are being delayed.
steamdrivenandy
steamdrivenandy

Male

Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Razzy Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:36 pm

Further update - I've now had a very helpful reply from Peter Tombs at AS confirming the delayed hab service that is now finally arranged next month after all the lockdown delays won't affect the AS warranty. He was aware of the particular problems there have been in Wales due to the three lockdowns and has authorised the extension period.  Thanks again for all the replies.
Razzy
Razzy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:00 pm

steamdrivenandy wrote:They are still building vans, but according to Spinney yesterday, there are serious shortages of parts coming in from abroad and it will mean that they'll shortly have to stop or severely reduce production. Deliveries of completed vans are being delayed.
Hi Did they say why completed vans are being delayed ?
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by steamdrivenandy Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:59 pm

Sorry, I could've phrased that better. The delivery of new vans is starting to be delayed and will get worse as bits run out. There are all sorts of reasons including port handling delays, continental haulers not wanting to enter UK to avoidelays and empty returns, parts from elsewhere in the world in order to make appliances in the EU being delayed due to covid reducing production, etc, etc. A sort of perfect storm.
steamdrivenandy
steamdrivenandy

Male

Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:03 pm

That's a relief, I am supposed to be picking my new van up just after lockdown.
You had me worried there  smile!
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down