The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Covid CBA outbreak

+3
mikethebike
Gromit
Roopert
7 posters

Go down

Covid CBA outbreak Empty Covid CBA outbreak

Post by Roopert Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:26 pm

Worryingly, it seems there is still no hope of a cure for CV19 "Can't Be Arsed" disease.

I was in the local High Street jewellers last week and they were literally turning people away at the door at 13:50 because they were only open 10:00-14:00 "due to CV19". Aren't restricted hours supposed to be used if there are limited customers around, not because there are too many, and it's all just too much trouble?

I went into the nearby Halifax because it was completely empty - just three staff sitting there chatting to one another. When I said that I wanted to close an account, I was told that they were handling "emergency transactions" only, and that what I wanted wasn't urgent enough, even though they were doing nothing else.

And now I've just done my first Royal Mail Click and Drop, only to find that my local Sorting Office counter - which has a perspex screen between RM operative and the customer - is now open from 07:00 to 09:00 weekdays only. Except Wednesdays, when it doesn't open at all (I guess because it's common knowledge that all CV19 outbreaks are worst on Wednesdays).

CBA is everywhere you look now - a massive excuse to do as little as possible.

Last edited by Roopert on Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Better colours!)
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

mikethebike likes this post

Back to top Go down

Covid CBA outbreak Empty Re: Covid CBA outbreak

Post by Gromit Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:13 pm

Hi Roopert

Is that why there are no spectators at the cricket?? (Likewise, though not as easily, with football.)

Can't Be Arsed to take out a few seats and do a bit of rearranging, so at least some spectators could attend? Surely they could fill a third of the seats if they tried?

Wouldn't it be worth a bit of effort (in those huge open spaces) to bring in some cash - or is it easier to just take the government handouts.

P.S. I found another way to fool the inappropriate word detector!  Whistle1 snigger
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:59 pm

Thanks - that's much better! Copied.

I'm feeling less grumpy now, and I accept that I should be more understanding, but it does look as though some people just aren't trying very hard.

I'm glad I sold my Royal Mail shares early on, because they are less than half the value now and still heading down. UPS, TNT, DPD, Hermes and the rest are all hiring new staff, while RM focuses on making it hard for customers to actually use their service...
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:31 am

our walk in clinic closes at 2.30 every day.  confused3

Local surgery only 1 day a week to see a doctor. confused3

Is everyone working in C19 hospitals??

I thought the surge was over. confused3

Micky
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:00 pm

Our local council operated recycling centre reopened a few weeks ago with massive restrictions. A three mile one-way queueing system to get to the entrance, odd and even days to match the last digit on your vehicle registration plate, limitations on what you can dispose of etc.
I can understand the operatives needing to stay safe, but in the six or seven years the centre has been open I've never once seen anyone go within 20yards of the workers, they tend to shout instructions from their brew hut to anyone who might need assistance..
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:25 pm

bikeralw wrote:Our local council operated recycling centre reopened a few weeks ago with massive restrictions. A three mile one-way queueing system to get to the entrance, odd and even days to match the last digit on your vehicle registration plate, limitations on what you can dispose of etc.
I can understand the operatives needing to stay safe, but in the six or seven years the centre has been open I've never once seen anyone go within 20yards of the workers, they tend to shout instructions from their brew hut to anyone who might need assistance..
Al.

We passed the Newbury one last week. Totally empty of recyclers with several operatives standing in a group inside the gates and one outside with a tablet. A big banner outside with the phone number to ring as it was  “Timed Appointments Only”. 

Our local one is open as normal.
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:50 pm

Since it reopened a few weeks ago, our recycling centre has a sign at the entrance, saying "Queue here. Waiting time: 60 minutes".

It always says the same thing, irrespective of what the wait time actually is. When I went yesterday it said the same thing but was completely empty with not a single "customer" to be seen - just the usual group of employees larking about.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:31 am

Same here in Birmingham, local waste centre used to open 8 to 8 it closed for a while until the fly tipping became unbearable (who would have thought eh) now it opens 11 to 4 but you have to go online and make an appointment (not everyone can do that ) and no walk in's.
I really didn't realise that covid 19 was more infectious early in the morning, as for protecting the staff, they won't come near you at anytime in case you ask for help 
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:51 am

I have to say our recycling centre is brilliant. Open till 8pm, someone greets you and asks what sort of stuff you are disposing and tell you the different skip numbers to use for different products. They used to approach you straight away and give anyone a hand but thats no longer allowed, otherwise everything is as it was prior to Covid.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:34 pm

Paulmold wrote:I have to say our recycling centre is brilliant.

In fairness, ours is too. It's not the staff that make the rules about when they can open and when they can't. And TBH I don't blame them for messing about a bit when there's nobody there - it must be an incredibly boring job with so few customers.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

mikethebike likes this post

Back to top Go down