The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rienza Gas Locker

4 posters

Go down

Rienza Gas Locker Empty Rienza Gas Locker

Post by Dave 418 Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:57 pm

This may not apply to other gas lockers other than the Rienza but I will post this warning any way.
The floor of the gas locker is steel mesh fastened to the zinc plated sides with rivets at both ends and the back. Over time I have reinforced the front and back of the floor when it became detached with angle brackets. When I took the empty bottle out of the locker I found the floor bent down in the middle because the rear of the floor was detached from the back wall. 
Considering there are two 6kg bottles in there it wouldn’t have taken much for the bottle to fall through the floor of the locker. It is near the offside wheel and must get a lot of road dirt thrown up hence the brackets rotting away.
I made a new bracket bent from ally sheet and fitted it today. As per all good plans it had to have a flaw in it. The last  rivet was alongside the spring hanger so I had to fit it from inside the locker with the bottles removed. In doing that I trapped my finger leaving me with a blood blister the size of my finger end. so_sad
I must have lifted those bottles in and out countless times so I am not sure what I did. Only Autosleepers could fit a door big enough for one bottle to a two bottle locker.shrugg
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Adam & Emily and Boots like this post

Back to top Go down

Rienza Gas Locker Empty Re: Rienza Gas Locker

Post by Adam & Emily Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:55 pm

That’s good advice. My Nuevo gas locker has a mesh floor and I never thought to check it’s integrity.
Adam & Emily
Adam & Emily

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Autosleeper Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamRienza Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:15 am

On a slight tangent, but relevant, there were reports in the past of the straps and fixings on underslung gas and water tanks degrading. I can’t recall which Motorhomes this referred to. I haven’t seen any reports of this issue recently but next time you are lying under the van ( as we all do) worth checking.

Davy
TeamRienza
TeamRienza
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Used to own a Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2006 Mk6

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:34 am

After being called out to a motorhome with its tank dragging on the motorway I replaced all the mounting rods on our Duetto tanks with stainless screwed rods and replaced the boards under the tanks.
I had a look at the tank brackets whilst I was under ther Rienza today. The brackets look a better design being made of flat bar. I have to plan moving to gain access to the o/s so I don’t block the drive but I need to touch up some rust proofing so I will have another look with my decent light. 
When I was working on the buses we had a fuel tank drop down on a B10 Volvo Coach. The driver managed to drive quite a long way before some one stopped him. We followed the trail of diesel across town. That was a mucky job lifting and securing the tank before the coach could be recovered to the workshop.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:15 pm

Dave 418 wrote:.......In doing that I trapped my finger leaving me with a blood blister the size of my finger end. ...........

Confucius He say: "If a job is worth doing, it is worth drawing blood for"
gassygassy
gassygassy
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 1 Bourton 1 Polensa
Vehicle Year : various

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:31 am

Provided its not my blood I could agree with that. I seem to have a regular  theme with certain digits being battered or cut for the sake of progress. Management always asks if it was worth inflicting my injuries and have I bled on anything in the house. shrugg
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down