The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rienza

+2
burlingtonboaby
piggy123
6 posters

Go down

Rienza Empty Rienza

Post by piggy123 Sun May 10, 2015 1:01 pm

Good afternoon,

I am looking to buy a 2005 Rienza 4 berth. I just wondered if anyone could shed any light on the rear roof ladder and roof bars. The one I am looking at doesn't have these fitted and other ones do. Did Auto sleepers fit these as standard? Or where they an option.

Many thanks

Steve

Last edited by piggy123 on Sun May 10, 2015 3:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
piggy123

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol 2008
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Rienza Empty Re: Rienza

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun May 10, 2015 2:00 pm

Hi Steve 
Welcome to the forum from sunny Bridlington .
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sun May 10, 2015 2:24 pm

asof_welcome2
I think the ladder would prevent you from opening the rear window
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by piggy123 Sun May 10, 2015 3:03 pm

Thanks Roger, but this does not seem to be the case when looking at others with the ladders fitted.

This will be the 5th Auto sleeper that will of owned so I am keen to find out as much as I can about it.

Thanks for the welcome!
piggy123

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Sun May 10, 2015 5:16 pm

Hello and asof_welcome2 from Leicestershire, sorry cannot help you with the ladder etc.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamRienza Sun May 10, 2015 6:12 pm

Hi piggy123,

My 2006 Rienza has both ladder and bars, however we are not the original owners so I cannot give a definitive answer, however;

I have not seen pictures of a Rienza without a ladder, although difficult to comment on bars due to hidden nature.

My thoughts are, the ladder is a factory fit as the roof has a moulded strengthening panel at the rear right. I cannot see how to remove the ladder easily from this moulding, (might be worth looking at this to ensure integrity of the roof if one has been removed, and check inside for damp at this location.) The ladder is of little use other than access to clean the roof. In fact I consider it a weak point on my van for ease of access by kids and idiots, some have said that this a favoured breakin point via roof lights, leaving little visible trace of damage. 

My rear window cannot open due to the securing fittings not being adjustable, although the side mounted latches can open! Possibly pointing to original fitting.

The roof bars are light and too flexible to carry much load and the fixings are not inspiring, I think they are intended to stop items placed on the roof from sliding fore and aft. I have mounted my 100 watt solar panel lengthwise on top of the bars allowing for cooling and cleaning the roof more easily. Aerodynamically the panel is fine when travelling. 

My impression is that these are original kit but may allow you to haggle a few quid off the price of the van.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask anything else and if I can help I will, although we will be heading off for a few weeks soon, others may be able to assist.

All the best,

Davy
TeamRienza
TeamRienza
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Used to own a Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2006 Mk6

Back to top Go down

Post by BobK Mon May 11, 2015 9:41 am

Agree with all Davy's comments.     Roof bars were an integral part of the vehicle.    The manual states that top boxes and ladders can be fitted but do not fit boxes to the bars.     The rack has been designed to prevent items from moving on the roof area but cannot carry heavy loads.    Solar panel would be okay, I reckon.    Max in the area encompassed by the bars is 75KG

Hope you enjoy your Rienza
BobK
BobK

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Autosleepless!!

Back to top Go down

Post by piggy123 Mon May 11, 2015 10:11 am

Davy, BobK

Thanks for the reply. Most informative. I am thinking that the ladder has been removed as, like you, I have not seen one without the ladder. I think the best course of action is to leave well alone and walk away.

Thanks to all for the welcome.
piggy123

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BobK Tue May 12, 2015 9:55 am

The ladder was an optional fitting....the roof bars were standard.     If the ladder has been removed, you would see telltale holes both on the roof strengthening panel on the top rear offside, and possible on the small in-step on the offside of the rear bottom skirt.

Not sure if you mean by "walk away"    .....   forget about a ladder or forget about the van altogether.    Hope it's the former.  smile!

cheers
BobK
BobK

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Autosleepless!!

Back to top Go down