The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Damp issue

5 posters

Go down

Damp issue Empty Damp issue

Post by foxfan55 Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:45 am

Hi all

Just had my annual habitation check done and damp was found in the storage cupboard under the nearside couch. Engineer could not see any obvious reasons why, especially as the fibre glass wet cupboard directly below is fine. It seems strange being so high above the road that water may be getting in from underneath.

He also found some damp just inside the habitation door on the floor, left hand side. Again no obvious points of ingress.

If anyone has had this issue, or has any ideas as to where it may be coming from would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in anticipation

Fox fan
foxfan55
foxfan55

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Damp issue Empty Re: Damp issue

Post by harrysp Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:10 pm

We too had damp in the nearside storage locker near to the rear wheel arch. If yours is in a similar area and you have sockets in the side-Electricity and gas- these were not properly sealed in some vans and allowed water ingress. The only query is that it has taken so long for the damp to materialise  as ours was spotted at the first habitation service.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The above might be of interest, or of course it could be a totally different source.

Good luck with it.

Harry
harrysp
harrysp
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Former Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2015

foxfan55 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jwells Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:01 pm

Yes! Through the seal around the locker door, and down through the fridge vent fittings!
I now always make sure the door seals are always clean and compress properly. The fridge vents were replaced and bedded on new gaskets, but I have since externally filet sealed the vents as I have found a lot of work done in the past by AS was questionable!
The lower part of the entrance door frame across the steps is another area I am keeping an eye on as it doesn't appear to be sealed!
jwells
jwells

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK ES LT
Vehicle Year : ,2013

foxfan55 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:18 pm

jwells wrote:Yes! Through the seal around the locker door, and down through the fridge vent fittings!
I now always make sure the door seals are always clean and compress properly. The fridge vents were replaced and bedded on new gaskets, but I have since externally filet sealed the vents as I have found a lot of work done in the past by AS was questionable!
The lower part of the entrance door frame across the steps is another area I am keeping an eye on as it doesn't appear to be sealed!
Thanks
We've a Kemerton XL here but I'll add a comment about the water ingress we had from our Thetford upper fridge vent that A-S last week should have resealed to be watertight. I'd been thinking about adding some mastic sealant myself, now it's a definite job I'll do next when the weather is fine. On our panel van, the metal sides are curved towards the roof, A-S asking an oblong frame of a fridge vent with its standard gasket to make a watertight seal isn't on.
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

jwells and foxfan55 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:18 am

My 2014 had some damp round the 2 outlets in near side locker ,they were removed  and the resealed by local mobile caravan repairer  ,damp reading's now back to normal .door frame leaks could' be from fridge vents or door frame seal.
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2014

jwells likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:22 am

Error
Molly3
Molly3