The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slight damp in 2015 Nuevo

+2
burlingtonboaby
johndean
6 posters

Go down

Slight damp in 2015 Nuevo  Empty Slight damp in 2015 Nuevo

Post by johndean Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:44 pm

Hi All
Took my less than 1 year ( 2015 ) Nuevo into Cotswold Motorhome yesterday for Hab check, this morning had a call from Mark at Autosleepers to ask me to bring in the Nuevo for repair on bulk head damp.
Mark called before Cotswold were able to call me stating they found this slight dampness.
Auto sleepers reacted very quickly which was nice to see. A little unhappy that there should be any damp in such a new vehicle with less than 1000 miles on the clock.
As anyone else had this sort of problem haven't noticed anything ourselves, Mark at Autosleepers stated it was very minor problem , good job we had Hab service done early. No other problems found on check except bathroom door hinges flaking and replaced.
We only live 3 miles from Autosleepers factory
John Dean
johndean
johndean

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Fairford
Vehicle Year : !2019

Back to top Go down

Slight damp in 2015 Nuevo  Empty Re: Slight damp in 2015 Nuevo

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:57 pm

Mark starts early at the workshop and usually on the ball.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:32 pm

Glad you got an early response, wish I had the same experience.  After high moisture levels were found on our Neuvo (of the same age), I emailed Auto Sleepers service centre over a week ago for advice on how to proceed. Unfortunately Willersley is 333 miles from us but, at the same time, I have little faith in our dealership being able to resolve the problem. Can someone give me Mark's number? 

Johndean, if you get the problem sorted to your satisfaction, that has to be the main thing.
Askit
Askit
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:43 pm

Askit wrote:Glad you got an early response, wish I had the same experience.  After high moisture levels were found on our Neuvo (of the same age), I emailed Auto Sleepers service centre over a week ago for advice on how to proceed. Unfortunately Willersley is 333 miles from us but, at the same time, I have little faith in our dealership being able to resolve the problem. Can someone give me Mark's number? 

Johndean, if you get the problem sorted to your satisfaction, that has to be the main thing.

01386853511, never had any problems with e-mails or phone calls when dealing with Mark.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:58 pm

burlingtonboaby wrote:
Askit wrote:Glad you got an early response, wish I had the same experience.  After high moisture levels were found on our Neuvo (of the same age), I emailed Auto Sleepers service centre over a week ago for advice on how to proceed. Unfortunately Willersley is 333 miles from us but, at the same time, I have little faith in our dealership being able to resolve the problem. Can someone give me Mark's number? 

01386853511, never had any problems with e-mails or phone calls when dealing with Mark.
Boaby
 Boaby, thanks for that.  This is the second time I've sent emails for advice about issues with the van and the second time that no reply was forthcoming. It's possible that they have been misdirected at their end, so I'll give him a phone. (apologies to johndean for the thread hijack)
Askit
Askit
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Slight damp in 2015 Nuevo  Empty Han check and heater check

Post by johndean Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:27 pm

Hi
Further to this damp problem, we picked up the motor home from Cotswold motor homes today with a hab check report hab check bill £180.00 ( seems a little stiff to me )
We also got Cotswold to check electric heating on hook up, remember we hadn't had problem for 6 months then while away few weeks ago wouldn't work and we were very low on gas. Anyway it seems we don't know how to operate the heater. Dealer states you must switch on the hot water switch and leave it on then switch on the panel, then switch on the display. He did all that and must say it worked but I think that's what we were doing anyway. So time will tell.
The damp was in the bulk head behind passengers seat. Dealer states it's caused by. Wrong sealer when made. I questioned this and why wasn't it automacitly repaired before delivery because they knew about the sealer before we purchased the motor home, didn't really have an answer to this and Mark at Autosleepers will correct the problem shortly. That doesn't answer my question if they know they have used the wrong sealer they should have corrected their mistake before purchase not wait and see what happens at first hab test.. What do others think?
John dean
johndean
johndean

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ajrm Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:15 am

We had a problem with the side wall of our Broadway when it was almost 2 years old.  We live about 150 miles from Willersley.
AS sent someone to look at it at our home, then arranged to collect it on a low loader and returned it a fortnight later with a few other faults repaired.
Can't fault AS service, they did a great job.
When we sold the van at 3 years old and 22000 miles later, there was no evidence of any damp at all anywhere. They don't all leak!
ajrm
ajrm

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex 2013 Broadway FB

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:12 am

ajrm, I phoned A/S about the problem and they said my warranty contract was with my dealer. Given that they (the dealers) wanted to keep the Neuvo for three days to do a hab check, I guess you can work out why I'm reluctant to go that route. Nevertheless, I've booked it in for an assessment in a couple of weeks time. That means going to the dealership for a day, so they can decide when they can take it in for repair and how long they will keep it for. The alternative was me driving the 333 miles to Willersley, leaving it for a week or so, sorting out my transport back home and back, then driving home again. I sensed that A/S were not encouraging me to do that.

I'm not complaining though, the warranty conditions were always clear to me at the time of purchase. It is, however, a real pain in the posterior.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ajrm Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:23 am

I took mine into the dealer and showed them the wall. They said they would have to contact AS and send photographs then wait for a response from AS.
I got a letter from AS a week or so later telling me they would collect the van and repair it.
I sent a list of other faults with the can and they sorted the lot. Interior wall seams coming adrift, mud flaps rubbing on the body loosening the wheel arch trims, bathroom shelf delaminating, main roof light sticking and a few other bits.
They fixed the lot and offerred me a free hab check too, which the dealer did when I got the van back
I also contacted AS about the lpg tank being fitted at the wrong angle and they arranged for the dealer to adjust it.
As I said, I can't fault AS, but then I do have the same first name as the service manager!

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:59 am

I'll wait and see what happens! Funny thing, I have sent a couple of emails asking for advice, which were not replied to. When I phoned asking for advice about how to proceed, it was suggested I didn't want to go all the way down there to get the van fixed. This was before I said where I lived or who my dealer was  scratch head

I also have the tape seam coming off, but only in the toilet. I ws going to fix it myself but it can go on the warranty list.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lucasg Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:49 am

It is interesting to read that " the wrong sealer " was used and that led to damp ingress. I, like many, have had the problem with the wet locker being wet..i.e it lets in water.
I eventually took the Bourton back to Willersey and as reported Mark was very helpful... The conclusion was that the wrong sealer was used.. It was stripped and replaced. I was there at the water test.. Hose directed at the locker.. And Hooray... It remained dry!

Uhuh.. Checked the locker today... And guess what?.
Wrong sealer? Faulty design?
lucasg
lucasg

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton

Back to top Go down

Post by ajrm Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:15 am

Ours remained dry for 2 years then I noticed that it was wet under the mat.  Nothing changed, but for some reason, water started getting in. I adjusted the two locks to get a tighter seal then just ignored it.  I only ever kept my EHU cable and chocks in there anyway.

Male

Back to top Go down

Slight damp in 2015 Nuevo  Empty Slight damp in Nuevo 2015

Post by johndean Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:41 pm

hi.
Picked up the van from A/S after having this slight damp problem sorted by Mark / Alan /Paul
Paul one of the technician showed me where water may have entered the locker area and discussed the sealer etc and bulkhead repair. They also sorted a couple of minor problems such as the towel holder ring adrift and the poor wiring harness leading to the hab door. All repairs looked spot on and I was pleased to hear the explanation also a tip about keeping the waste hose and water filling pump in plastic bags if kept in this locker.
We were quite disappointed to learn of the damp at service but pleased about the way Cotswold motor homes and A/S dealt very quickly in putting matters right. Full marks to A/S and Cotswold motor homes.
John Dean
johndean
johndean

Male

Back to top Go down

Slight damp in 2015 Nuevo  Empty Damp in the Bourton 2015

Post by lucasg Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:29 am

Seems that not confined to the Broadway. My Bourton has 40% damp ..in the rear nearside. Apparently cracked fridge cover housing to blame.. But I suspect it is the sealant. 
The wet locker is still wet despite being repaired at Willersey in March when the sealant was replaced as this was considered to be the cause.
The nearside panel is being replaced under warranty.
lucasg
lucasg

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:46 am

Ours goes back to the dealership for investigation and repair in about 4 weeks time. They agreed there was a problem but, after inspection, would not commit to the cause. I think, quite rightly, that will only become clear when they strip back the surrounds. Our fridge vents are badly cracked (probably over tightened) but I'd be surprised if this was the cause. We'll just have to wait and see.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Slight damp in 2015 Nuevo  Empty Slight damp

Post by johndean Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:45 pm

Hi, when we picked our Nuevo up from A/S last week we asked what was the cause , very difficult to get a simple answer so we asked where did they seal, this was the answer from A/S. 
1, the passenger side bulkhead not sure but think he said it was replaced couldn't see any different but just might be a good job.
2, the upper locker
3, the outside 240 plug socket
4, the outside gas point casing
5,both * Inappropriate Word * grilles replaced for cracked
A/S asked us not to keep water hoses or pump and waste hoses in upper locker in case they dribbled water .put them in a plastic bag if you keep them in there.
Back home we removed all hoses etc and anything else which might get wet and put them in the shower.we left the hook up cable in the upper locker.
Our son used the van this weekend to test didn't rain much but there were a couple of showers. On his return yesterday we checked the locker and low and behold it was wet under the hook up cable bag wet enough to see it,
We are going away in it next week and we have removed the hook up cable and packed the locker with only dry equipment .we are hoping for a good result or its back to A/s.
We didn't see jany damp it was the dealer who noticed a very small rise in damp readings at service and Mark at A/S recalled t.he van , so as it got worse after repair or could it be a wet hook up cable ,time will tell.
John Dean
johndean
johndean

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:01 pm

Could it have been condensation from the plastic bag.? I keep my hoses etc low down in their waterproof bags.under NS seat

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down