The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2017 Corinium Duo. Newbie questions

+11
glyne lock
Redboy
Uncle Mort
Paulmold
Slow-Lane
Weegie
Suppersready
Cymro
IanH
Gromit
Andacami
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

2017 Corinium Duo. Newbie questions Empty 2017 Corinium Duo. Newbie questions

Post by Andacami Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:28 pm

Hi Folks,

Got my ASOC membership pack the other day and looking to pick up a new to us 2017 Corinuim Duo in the next few weeks. Meanwhile, I have a load of questions and hoping knowledgable folks on here can help up!

This is the 'van [[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]]. We saw it at the Peterborough Show and decided after two years of research, looking, contemplating it was "the one". It is practically mint with hardly any bumps or scratches. It is a Peugeot Boxer 2.0l Euro6 six-speed manual on the 4T Alko chassis, built December 2016 according to the AS Manufacturer Declaration, and first registered 1st November 2017; we will be the second owners.

It has the Thule Omnistor awning, TV aerial and Sat dish, Solar, Reversing Camera (in the 'rearview' mirror), Dometic AirCon (with remote) in the kitchen, and a Tow-Trust towbar. Sargent EC500 with EC480 panel and TrumaiNet. I've been over all the manuals, handbooks, etc I could find on-line and now have a good background on things which will help at handover which we will try and video. I'll also be test-driving and will see if we can incorporate a weighbridge at that time too.
So, to my questions, some of which I appreciate will require physical inspection or photos which I can't do just now, as well as being daft scratch head.

1. When did the Corinuim Duo first launch?
  2. The instructions and reference materials (2017) point to a Dometic toilet, ours is Thetford and seems to have exterior access for water. Is this normal or an up/downgrade?
  3. It has solar, the 80w panel I guess. Will it have MPPT or a more basic system? Probably the first thing to upgrade?
  4. The 2017 brochure and spec sheets suggest the van has the Premium pack (due to solar, alloy wheels, cruise control, awning, rev camera, ...) but the dealer does not think it has SatNav. Is it possible to have the rev camera / Premium Pack bits without SatNav? Would the SatNav be in the 'rear-view mirror'? It does NOT have the big-screen radio
  5. Also, given the 'van has foil-backed concertina blinds and not curtains and the Truma, I think it has the Winter pack too. So, how would I know if it also has tank heater blankets and wheel arch insulation, what would I look for?
  6. It also has Sat and TV, the black dome on the roof, so I guess it has the Media Pack too?
  7. Despite the media pack, there does not appear to be a TV. So is a TV extra and the choice of the buyer then?
  8. Are the headlights adjustable for driving on the other side or do you need beam convertors stuck on?
  9. Anyone with a similar spec know what is a realistic payload (read some posts on this but did not glean a definitive answer)?
  10. The user guides suggest there is a remote for the Sargent EC480 panel, is this true as I did not see one?
  11. The pull-out extra worktop space is useful but has anyone done a modification so it fits/clips/slides/attaches to where the sink is rather than between the sink and hob?
  12. Apart from AS-Parts, where do you guys go for extra cushions/spares/upgrades?
  13. I've got a long list of things to check but what do owners think are the specifics for this particular 'van?
  14. The dealer says it has an immobiliser but does not think it has an alarm or tracker, surely an alarm is standard, tracker "should" be too on such a 'van. What comes as standard?

I appreciate that is a lot of random question for a first(ish) post and all in one place but grateful for any help for which, thank you  thanksverymuch

Andy
Andacami
Andacami

Other / Decline to state

Auto-Sleeper : Corinium Duo
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

2017 Corinium Duo. Newbie questions Empty Re: 2017 Corinium Duo. Newbie questions

Post by Andacami Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:06 am

Hmm, a lot of views but no answers. Should I perhaps break these down into individual threads...?

Andy
Andacami
Andacami

Other / Decline to state

Back to top Go down

2017 Corinium Duo. Newbie questions Empty Re: 2017 Corinium Duo. Newbie questions

Post by Gromit Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:45 am

Might be an idea Andy.

Members are always very helpful on here, but it's asking a lot of anyone to tackle that list!!  scratch head

It might also be an idea to save some of the questions until you really need to know. Getting a M/H for the first time is quite a learning curve, but take it steady and solve one (real or imaginary  content) problem at a time.

There's nothing difficult - just a lot to learn.  up!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Andacami likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:54 am

To answer just one, re solar.
IMHO no need to upgrade at all, we manage without EHU virtually always we have a 100w panel so not significantly bigger from a practical point of view.
Like wise your solar controller, changing from PWM to MPPT for such a small installation make no sense, the gain from the MPPT would be insignificant, so whichever is fitted it'll be fine.
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Andacami likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:27 am

Q4: Yes, and Yes.
Q5; there will be a labelled switch for the tank heater blankets. My switch is above the Hartal door (on a Nuevo).
Q14: Immobiliser is standard, I believe - a Peugeot item. But alarms and trackers would be extras.

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Post by Andacami Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:53 am

Thanks very much. up!

Andy
Andacami
Andacami

Other / Decline to state

Back to top Go down

Post by Andacami Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:06 pm

1. When did the Corinuim Duo first launch?
  2. The instructions and reference materials (2017) point to a Dometic toilet, ours is Thetford and seems to have exterior access for water. Is this normal or an up/downgrade?
  3. It has solar, the 80w panel I guess. Will it have MPPT or a more basic system? Probably the first thing to upgrade? No, it will be fine
  4. The 2017 brochure and spec sheets suggest the van has the Premium pack (due to solar, alloy wheels, cruise control, awning, rev camera, ...) but the dealer does not think it has SatNav. Is it possible to have the rev camera / Premium Pack bits without SatNav? Yes Would the SatNav be in the 'rear-view mirror'? Yes It does NOT have the big-screen radio
  5. Also, given the 'van has foil-backed concertina blinds and not curtains and the Truma, I think it has the Winter pack too. So, how would I know if it also has tank heater blankets and wheel arch insulation, what would I look for? There will be a labelled switch for the tank heater blankets
  6. It also has Sat and TV, the black dome on the roof, so I guess it has the Media Pack too?
  7. Despite the media pack, there does not appear to be a TV. So is a TV extra and the choice of the buyer then?
  8. Are the headlights adjustable for driving on the other side or do you need beam convertors stuck on?
  9. Anyone with a similar spec know what is a realistic payload (read some posts on this but did not glean a definitive answer)?
  10. The user guides suggest there is a remote for the Sargent EC480 panel, is this true as I did not see one?
  11. The pull-out extra worktop space is useful but has anyone done a modification so it fits/clips/slides/attaches to where the sink is rather than between the sink and hob?
  12. Apart from AS-Parts, where do you guys go for extra cushions/spares/upgrades?
  13. I've got a long list of things to check but what do owners think are the specifics for this particular 'van?
  14. The dealer says it has an immobiliser but does not think it has an alarm or tracker, surely an alarm is standard, tracker "should" be too on such a 'van. What comes as standard? Immobiliser is standard - a Peugeot item. But alarms and trackers would be extras

Andy
Andacami
Andacami

Other / Decline to state

Back to top Go down

Post by Andacami Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:13 pm

Gromit wrote:Might be an idea Andy.

Members are always very helpful on here, but it's asking a lot of anyone to tackle that list!!  scratch head

It might also be an idea to save some of the questions until you really need to know. Getting a M/H for the first time is quite a learning curve, but take it steady and solve one (real or imaginary  content) problem at a time.

There's nothing difficult - just a lot to learn.  up!

Agreed - there is a lot to learn; Newbie nerves, they are all important/need to know to me as I'm about to handover significant ££££s and wanted to ensure I was getting what I should expect and I don't want to make any mistakes oh_blast!

Much appreciate initial responses to some of the more important ones though, so my mind is a little more at ease - thank you. I tried to edit my original post but could not so have resorted to the above. I'll leave it there and as folks come and go, I'd appreciate further responses but I will, as we agree, pick out anything individually that concerns me and post separately in which case, apologies now for duplication.

Andy
Andacami
Andacami

Other / Decline to state

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:25 pm

Andacami wrote:

1. When did the Corinuim Duo first launch?  Don't know. Does it matter?
  2. The instructions and reference materials (2017) point to a Dometic toilet, ours is Thetford and seems to have exterior access for water. Is this normal or an up/downgrade? Normal, and in my opinion preferable. You can put flushing liquid in a separate tank, like Elsan Green, which can go in both the flush water and the cassette. Can't do that if the flush comes from the main water tank.
  3. Despite the media pack, there does not appear to be a TV. So is a TV extra and the choice of the buyer then? They don't come with a TV. Avtex are the best, but very expensive. Others are nearly as good.
  4. Are the headlights adjustable for driving on the other side or do you need beam convertors stuck on? There's a switch on the dash to lower the dipped beams. Don't bother doing anything else - that's perfectly adequate to avoid dazzling oncoming drivers. The converters are a con trick. They don't convert!

Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP

Back to top Go down

Post by Suppersready Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:31 pm

5. You are looking for a silver coloured material covering the wheel arches from inside the van. Mine are visible from bottom left draw in wardrobe and under the french bed bed. You may find yours if you have access under your beds ?

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Corinium FB

Back to top Go down

Post by Suppersready Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:35 pm

13. Check The inside of the wall locker doors for peeling of the laminate ... do a search on here for locker doors !!

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Suppersready Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:36 pm

10. Not on mine either ..... I’m doing this the hard way scratch headscratch head

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Suppersready Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:39 pm

9. At 4000kg we don’t really worry about it ... only the two of us mind

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Suppersready Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:43 pm

3. Depends how and when you use the van ... huge subject, again do a search on here and happy reading.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Weegie Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:45 pm

Andacami wrote:

1. Anyone with a similar spec know what is a realistic payload (read some posts on this but did not glean a definitive answer)? 

There are too many variables between vehicles and passengers for anyone to provide a meaningful answer.

Fill it with diesel and fresh water, then, with anyone who will be a regular passenger aboard, take it, otherwise empty, to a weighbridge. That way you'll know exactly what the payload of YOUR van is.

Payload can be increased by carrying less / no water, but, your circumstances will dictate if this is possible. We off-grid a lot, so, always travel full.

Thomas.
Weegie
Weegie

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kingham

Back to top Go down

Post by Slow-Lane Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:04 pm

I'm not sure whether this applies to the later models, but certainly earlier Auto-Sleeper vehicles have an AS build number - usually on a sticker in the glove box. Armed with this you could try contacting Auto-Sleepers and asking about the original spec. of the van.
Slow-Lane
Slow-Lane
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Andacami Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:16 am

Thanks everyone, really helpful. smile!

Andy
Andacami
Andacami

Other / Decline to state

Back to top Go down

Post by Andacami Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:46 pm

Found the build number, will contact AS.

Andy
Andacami
Andacami

Other / Decline to state

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:07 pm

Just a reference to your opening post. You say you've received your pack from the owners club. Just in case you think this forum and the owners club are linked - they're not although many members here are also in the owners club, me included , but I just thought I'd point it out.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Andacami Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:50 pm

Oh...!?

Andy
Andacami
Andacami

Other / Decline to state

Back to top Go down

Post by Andacami Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:00 am

Suppersready wrote:13. Check The inside of the wall locker doors for peeling of the laminate ... do a search on here for locker doors !!

Did a search... Yikes! Have added that to the top of the list before handing over my hard-earned £££s

Andy
Andacami
Andacami

Other / Decline to state

Back to top Go down

2017 Corinium Duo. Newbie questions Empty 2017 Corinium Duo

Post by Uncle Mort Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:23 pm

Re; Tracking Device Installed?    When I purchased my 2016 Nuevo which was then 6 months old, I was advised by the dealer that the van "probably" had a Tracker installed but I should check with AS to get model no./build no. etc. to confirm. After much to-ing and fro-ing, I was told the only way to definitely confirm was to look for specific Tracker leads attached to the Engine battery which is under hatch on the passenger-side floor.  This I did and no leads were evident confirming no Tracker. I then contacted my regular insurer who confirmed that, due to M'home's value, a tracker was required. They named a supplier and after installation I would receive a decent premium discount (which is roughly equivalent to cost of annual Tracker subscription). A fitter came to my home address and installed the Tracker in half an hour. I had to pay for the installation but tracker was free. I'm quite happy to have a tracker installed and to pay the subs but remembering to text the tracker company every time I move when away from home is a pain!
Uncle Mort
Uncle Mort

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2016

Andacami likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Redboy Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:41 pm

For the age of the vehicle I would think it is fitted with a Hal locate tracker ours burford is and that was built in 2017 and we paid £500 for 5years but that is saved on insurance that is also armed and disarmed by your mobile phone (but only one number can be registered at one time) but the system works well although we regularly forget it but within a mile they are in contact if it’s not been disarmed and it’s moved so very happy with them 
I would be surprised if in does not have one because I am sure they are probably given to AS to fitted as they will make there money from the subscription fees But with the tracker it is another reason to have it connected to main in winter( when not in use ) when the solar is less affective as it will drain the battery
Redboy
Redboy

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Burford

Back to top Go down

Post by Redboy Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:49 pm

And I think you are definitely doing the right things sorting any issues before handing over that ££££ as in experience most dealers are not so interested after , even within warranty If you are not happy with something leave there until it’s fixed and hang on to your cash
Redboy
Redboy

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Burford

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:47 pm

Andacami
it maybe best to take a look at the post ec700 this will explain by note PEOPLE that have got ec500 and ec700 system the best way to up grade and WHY . people have first fitted the pwm controller as Ian is saying works ok and then found out that is not the case  as you get a over voltage spike that turns off the sargent control panel and will then need to then buy a dual mppt controller. how a mppt works will not get a over voltage spike
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Auto-Sleeper : kemerton xl
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next