The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Webasto dual top

3 posters

Go down

Webasto dual top Empty Webasto dual top

Post by al64 Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:33 pm

Tried this for the first time today afater purchasing a auto sleeper cotswold 2010, Everthing seems ok on the display but not getting any hot water, My question is... Does the heater provide instant hot water or does it need to heat up first, Thanks
al64
al64

Male

Auto-Sleeper : cotswold
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Webasto dual top Empty Re: Webasto dual top

Post by IanH Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:45 pm

Virtually certain it will never be instant, in more or less any MH, it would take oodles of power to add that amount of energy to heat useable quantities of hot water.
So, no it isn't instant, don't know what system yours has (probably some form of Truma, combined hot water and ducted air heating) allow 30 mins to an hour for the (probably 9 litre) hot tank to be heated to 60c. I'm also assuming that water is coming out of the hot tap, even if cold water, if so, then the hot tank is full, so just a matter of adding the heat.
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:23 am

I presume your duel top is a diesel  heater  if so the hot  water is heated very quickly , check the space heater is working,if so then try the hot  water

Last edited by Molly3 on Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addiction)
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:52 am

Found a bit of info duel, top   20  to  60  minutes  for hot water  .I had a thermo top  c that was faster.
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down