The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2017 Nuevo - new vehicle battery advised

+4
glyne lock
pompeymike
Richard G
Jamie D
8 posters

Go down

2017 Nuevo - new vehicle battery advised Empty 2017 Nuevo - new vehicle battery advised

Post by Jamie D Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:59 pm

AA advised me today that my 2017 Nuevo vehicle battery was dead. Autosleeper unable to tell me the battery fitted in my model year.  I have been online and it seems there are two batteries; 350mm and 270mm long for a Boxer. Foolishly, I didn’t measure the length of the battery so am seeking help from the Nuevo owners who can tell me which size battery they have fitted in their vans. Thanks in anticipation.
Jamie D
Jamie D

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo LT
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

2017 Nuevo - new vehicle battery advised Empty Re: 2017 Nuevo - new vehicle battery advised

Post by Richard G Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:44 pm

Can you not look at it, under cab floor?
Richard G
Richard G

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

2017 Nuevo - new vehicle battery advised Empty Re: 2017 Nuevo - new vehicle battery advised

Post by pompeymike Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:51 pm

An alternative is to enter your registration number into the RAC battery replacement service and this will show you the batteries that will fit. I just used this for my 2011 Neuvo starter battery.

Last edited by pompeymike on Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
pompeymike
pompeymike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo 2 EK
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie D Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:29 pm

pompeymike wrote:An alternative is to enter your registration number into the RAC battery replacement service and this will show you the batteries that will fit. I just used this for my 2011 Neuvo starter battery.

I know the shorter 270 one will fit but having done a little more research, the longer one seems to be the one fitted in my model year.
Jamie D
Jamie D

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie D Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:31 pm

Richard G wrote:Can you not look at it, under cab floor?

I could but the van is 15 minute drive away, hence asking here on the forum.
Jamie D
Jamie D

Male

Cymro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:35 pm

Jamie
the vehicle comes with a 017 that's 680 cca but you now fit the 019 that has 900+ cca and in just a bit biger

before you replace the battery try and charge it first I take it the battery was flat when you went to the vehicle in storage
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Auto-Sleeper : kemerton xl
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

2017 Nuevo - new vehicle battery advised Empty Battery has come back to life!

Post by Jamie D Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:57 pm

glyne lock wrote:Jamie
the vehicle comes with a 017 that's 680 cca but you now fit the 019 that has 900+ cca and in just a bit biger

before you replace the battery try and charge it first I take it the battery was flat when you went to the vehicle in storage
Good news, the battery came back to life after charging it. Battery back on vehicle and took the van out for its first drive since last November! Drove to Sutton Scotney, near Winchester, and topped up the LPG at Sutton Scotney MOT. Garage manager told me they have no plans to drop LPG as LPG is part of their business converting lorries to run on gas! Site is a bit tight but if your LPG filler is on the drivers side, it’s okay. Site is behind the Texaco garage, LPG is a tadge under 60p//litre and the manager dispenses your gas for you! Not open at weekends.
Jamie D
Jamie D

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:44 pm

Jamie
good old AA advice just spend your money . if your battery is still ok to help keep it charged when your van is in storage next time from the cost saving of not having to replace the battery this time I would say to fit a dual mppt controller in  place of the lovely sargent system wired directly to the batteries  this will help keep both your batteries top up
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Jamie D likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:11 am

Don't all Sargent  controllers charge charge both batterys
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:18 am

Molly3 wrote:Don't all Sargent  controllers charge charge both batterys
Yes, mine do, it switches every 4 hrs if needed between batteries, solar or ehu.

Now before I am shot down in flames, I totally understand and comprehend that the Sargent system takes, so I have been told, about .4 A to do this, so one day I will get round to fitting a different controller. But I have never had a problem with the charging system in 4.5 years.

Wait for it, here come the comments hugegrins
-----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:11 am

Not when in storage and turned off on the ec500
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:21 pm

Molly3 wrote:Don't all Sargent  controllers charge charge both batterys

Automatic "Smart charging" only came in with the models that followed the EC328. Prior to that, all (that I'm aware of) had the capability to charge either battery via manual intervention.

Even the PSU2005 (the oldest Sargent system that I've used, which we have on the Trooper) has the ability to manually switch charging between engine and leisure battery, but it defaults to charging the leisure battery when the system control is in the "Off" position.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:27 pm

glyne lock wrote:Not when in storage and turned off on the ec500
?? Not quite sure if in storage with everything turned off, I assume both batteries would go flat over time, what ever controller you have, assuming you are under cover with no ehu or solar.

Or have I misread the topic?
---------
Richard

Last edited by rgermain on Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:43 pm

My van is 2012. Over winter that year I let the vehicle battery drop to rock bottom because I had not realised that it would go flat 3 or 4 times quicker than my previous 2001 Hymer.
I recharged it, let it go down for a couple of weeks and repeated that a few times before going to a normal regime of a day's charge every couple of months. It has never regained a 12.7V full coverage but does get up to 12.5 or 12.6 and is still going strong. If I had had a modern "repair" charger in 2013 it might have got back a bit more.
One of my lockdown jobs was to check ALL the cells for levels, which means disconnecting the terminals. To my amazement no top up was needed which is a MASSIVE COMPLIMENT to the efficiency of the EC328 charger and the split charge arrangements put in by A/S. 👍👍👍😃😃

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:00 pm

Richard
Molly said don’t Sargent charge both batteries and as I said no not when you turn off as is req when put in storage as this person has done and his vehicle battery will not charge only the leisure when you turn off the ec500 and is why we have said about fitting dual controllers to help this problem
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Back to top Go down

2017 Nuevo - new vehicle battery advised Empty Dual controllers

Post by Jamie D Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:05 pm

glyne lock wrote:Richard
Molly said don’t Sargent charge both batteries and as I said no not when you turn off as is req when put in storage as this person has done and his vehicle battery will not charge only the leisure when you turn off the ec500 and is why we have said about fitting dual controllers to help this problem

Any idea of the cost of supply and fit a dual controller is? And where exactly would it be fitted?
Jamie D
Jamie D

Male

Back to top Go down