The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo help required

+3
roli
CC
enfieldrover
7 posters

Go down

Nuevo help required Empty Nuevo help required

Post by enfieldrover Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:49 pm

We have just purchased a 2003 Nuevo to replace our lovely but very old Duetto.

We need some help - the plastic panel on the left wall of the shower room (the one with a mirror mounted on it) has several cracks in it and needs replacing. Autosleeper no longer stock this part -does anyone know where I can get one? would the panel of the newer models fit?

Also all of the wood effect edge trim in the van seems to have shrunk! Where there is a curved edge to the wood the trim has pulled away leaving an unsightly gap. On straight runs the trim now finishes about a cm short. is this a common problem? Can this trim be replaced?

Finally there is the end of a satellite cable coiled under the nearside bench - the cable disappears into the floor - can anyone tell me where it goes -where do I look for dish end of the cable? The van is not (currently) fitted with a satellite dish but I hope to install one in the near future.

Many thanks
Graham

enfieldrover

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Nuevo help required Empty Re: Nuevo help required

Post by CC Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:20 pm

Hello enfieldrover

I dont have a Nuevo so I cant help you out with the info you require I'm sorry to say winks

Surprised to hear of your problems with the shower panel cracking and the wood effect shrinking! We have been considering upgrading in the future to an early Nuevo but a little put off now after reading that hugegrins

Surprised AS dont carry these parts when they claim to have most parts or can source what they dont have through suppliers, it's only an 8yr old vehicle afterall? As they claim they dont have the parts in stock have you asked if they can obtain them for you? I read a recent article on their site where they claim they can source most items if they dont have them in stock?

Hope you get something sorted anyway up!

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by enfieldrover Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:56 am

Hi CC
Thanks for you response.
We had a Duetto and have just 'upgraded' to the Nuevo which we are very please with.
In fairness to Autosleeper the shower room panel may have been damaged through abuse by one of the previous owners. The response from autosleepers online parts enquiry was simply "I am sorry but the mirror surround is no longer available".
I have gone back and asked what can be done to resolve the problem and am awaiting a reply - I will let you know what happens.

The trim issue is very strange - every single edge trim in the van is very short - I have sent photos to autosleeper and will post the response here.

Overall the build quality of our Nuevo does not seem as high as the old Duetto but it is still a lovely van!

Thanks again

Graham
enfieldrover

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:04 am

Hello again Graham

Yes please do keep us posted on how you get on with autosleepers response to your issues, always interesting to see how these things turn out up!

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:16 pm

I have checked a few Nuevos today and all seem ok in the bathrooms. Have a look for panel mfcrs in the magazines or ask a-s who made them. If you give them yourvan number found in the glove box they should be able to help

Regarding the coax have a look under the van, a previous owner probably fitted to mate to a freestanding dish
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Nuevo help required Empty shower panel and coax route

Post by enfieldrover Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:45 pm

Thanks Roger I will see what autosleeper say re the shower panel - maybe I will phone them tomorrow. Watch this space!

Re the coax -it disappears into the floor under the seat but does not seem to reappear under the van. It must run between the imitation wood floor covering and the ply van floor. If I get a chance I will put the van on ramps and have a really good search underneath.

Cheers

Graham
enfieldrover

Male

Back to top Go down

Nuevo help required Empty shower panel and coax route

Post by enfieldrover Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:45 pm

Update
Autosleeper have promptly replied to my request for the name of the manufacturer of the shower panel -they said:
"The company was called Plastech but they no longer supply us, they sent all of the parts they had in stock when they finished"
So that doesn't sound too hopeful.
A-s sugest that I repair it from the inside with araldite - I will try this but doubt if I will get a prefect finish.
I am very grateful for autosleepers prompt replies but surprised that they cannot support a 2003 van.

Autosleeper have said that they can supply the edge trim in a different shade - so I will order it tomorrow -lets hope that the new trim does not shrink like the old stuff!

thanks for the help
Graham

enfieldrover

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:26 pm

Thanks for the update Graham

Sorry to hear Autosleepers cant fix you up with a new panel, guess they cant keep stocks of everything but a little bit worrying for a vehicle not that old really, guessing they could fit you a new shower adapted to fit from a later model?

Probably not an option, as it would no doubt cost you an arm and a leg quick_run

Hopefully you can sort something out up!

Male

Back to top Go down

Nuevo help required Empty Lots of minor mods for our Nuevo

Post by enfieldrover Sun May 08, 2011 9:52 pm

I thought the forum might like an update on our new (well new to us) 2003 Nuevo.
Autosleeper say that the broken shower room panel is no longer available and that they do not fit them to the latest model.
So….
We removed the broken panel and replaced it with a sheet of white plastic - the type used to line commercial kitchens. We mounted the old mirror on the new white plastic sheet and it looks better that the original!
We have just fitted a couple of Fiamma shower room pockets to finish the job off.

We eventually traced the satellite aerial lead from the below seat stowage to a socket mounted on the underside of the van floor and will probably remove this as it is inaccessible without lying on the ground and reaching up under the van.

I have made a television bracket that clips on the top of the locker door over the front seats – it seemed silly to have the telly stood on a worktop using up valuable space. Mounted high and to the font of the van the cook can watch it as well!

We recently purchased three short adjustable curtain rods – these bars can be lengthened by twisting. We have mounted these above the three shelves located above the fridge. And can now safely store jam jars etc. on these shelves without the risk of them flying across the van when driving.

I have also made covers (on my 1914 singer sewing machine!) for the two panels that are mounted on the bulkheads by the front seats. The each new cover has three pockets sewn on it. This was an easy job but it has transformed the interior of our van. I also made a matching cover for the long thin panel that runs across the front of the van under the long locker. All these covers are easily removed to return the van to ‘standard’ if required.

I soon got fed up with all the keys required to access the water, toilet cassette, flush watervtank, gas locker and rear door. I ordered a set of 6 lock barrels with the same key number and now only need the main van key and one other.

The best modification so far was gleaned from another forum – I have mounted a metal bar on a bracket, on the side of our foot step. This enables us to lower and raise the step by foot – no more bending over -ideal when carrying shopping!

I have also just replaced the broken led strip break lights mounted on the top of the rear of the van – It took a lot of searching on the internet to find our that Auto-sleeper glue this light unit in place with silicone – I found that fishing line was useful to cut the old sealant.

I have just fitted led spotlights above each end of the sofas. Great for reading in bed and low power consumption.

Jobs yet to do:
Wall paper some of the boring panels in the van.
Sort out aerial mounts and satellite mounts –maybe on the rear ladder.
Fit net map pockets to the rear of the driver and passenger seats.
Fit a webbing handle to the underside of the table. This will make it much easier for Kerrian and I to lift the table out from its storage position.

The radio on our van was next to useless but I tracked the problem down to a broken aerial and aerial cable termination– you need to be a contortionist to reach through the top cupboard to the aerial mount! I tied a bit of string to the spanner used in case I dropped it into the void below. The aluminium conductor inside the black plastic sleeve of the aerial was very badly corroded and broken. I have made a simple replacement for this part. The radio is much better now on long wave but still not a good as I would like on FM- having said that we can,t get any FM radio signals at all in this deep Cornish valley.

Has anyone got any good tips on stopping the cupboard doors rattling?

I will be happy to post photos of any of the above if required.

I hope this is all of interest and look forward to any feedback.

Cheers

Graham & Kerriann
enfieldrover

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon May 09, 2011 3:01 am

Some good stuff there. I've read on another forum re cupboard doors to put strips of velcro to stop rattling and also to save using the push-knobs all the time to keep doors shut when stationary on site.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2011 7:32 pm

enfieldrover wrote:Has anyone got any good tips on stopping the cupboard doors rattling?

This was discussed a while back, some body here suggested using self adhesive draught excluder which they said solved the problem?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramblingon Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:38 pm

enfieldrover wrote:

I thought the forum might like an update on our new (well new to us) 2003 Nuevo.

I will be happy to post photos of any of the above if required.

I hope this is all of interest and look forward to any feedback.

Cheers

Graham & Kerriann

Dear G&K
Yes I would love to see some photos of your modifications . cheers
Ramblingon
Ramblingon
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:03 pm

Well done you are now well and truly an Auto Sleepers owner, thanks for the info that other Nuevo owners can benefit from
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeyval Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:22 pm

Cupboard / locker door rattles? We used the round self adhesive felt pads that go onto the bottom of chair legs (99p in Wilko's) the rattles have stopped.
Mikeyval

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:50 pm

Funny this thread has been resurrected as only last week I bought a large pack of felt pads from poundland for exactly the same job.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeyval Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:52 pm

Great minds and tight wallets think alike
M

Male