The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cab Blinds

+5
groundhog
CJ1949
Paulmold
LDPD
Snowy
9 posters

Go down

Cab Blinds Empty Cab Blinds

Post by Snowy Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:06 pm

I wonder how many owners are out there still waiting cab blinds. The original 12 months delivery promise seems to have gone out the window, with two & a half years being quoted. Good news I understand from A/S they are developing an adaptor kit so enabling them to fit the previous model's binds. This I was assured would be available in weeks rather than months. Lets wait for an update at the show at the NEC later this month.
Snowy
Snowy

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Cab Blinds Empty Re: Cab Blinds

Post by LDPD Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:20 am

Snowy wrote:I wonder how many owners are out there still waiting cab blinds. The original 12 months delivery promise seems to have gone out the window, with two & a half years being quoted. Good news I understand from A/S they are developing an adaptor kit so enabling them to fit the previous model's binds. This I was assured would be available in weeks rather than months. Lets wait for an update at the show at the NEC later this month.
Hmm. This idea of a kit is a new one to me. Are you able to share with us your source and when you were told?

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:31 am

Are vans being delivered without blinds?

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Cab Blinds Empty 2019 Mercedes Cab blinds

Post by Snowy Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:32 pm

Paulmold wrote:Are vans being delivered without blinds?
In a word yes, it will be interesting to see what's on the stand at the NEC next week.
Snowy
Snowy

Male

Back to top Go down

Cab Blinds Empty 2019 Cab Blinds Mercedes

Post by Snowy Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:36 pm

LDPD wrote:
Snowy wrote:I wonder how many owners are out there still waiting cab blinds. The original 12 months delivery promise seems to have gone out the window, with two & a half years being quoted. Good news I understand from A/S they are developing an adaptor kit so enabling them to fit the previous model's binds. This I was assured would be available in weeks rather than months. Lets wait for an update at the show at the NEC later this month.
Hmm. This idea of a kit is a new one to me. Are you able to share with us your source and when you were told?
As mentioned A/S are developing them. This I believe is after seeing what another manufacture had done on a visit to a show in Germany
Snowy
Snowy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:46 pm

LDPD wrote:
Hmm. This idea of a kit is a new one to me. Are you able to share with us your source and when you were told
As mentioned A/S are developing them. This I was told (Sept) is after seeing what another manufacture had done on a visit to a show in Germany.
Snowy
Snowy

Male

Back to top Go down

Cab Blinds Empty Cab blinds

Post by CJ1949 Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:27 pm

Visited Willersley today for warranty issues.
They did not know of any pending 'adapter' kit for fitting 'pre old style Merc. cab blinds. 
Informed now to be in 2021 before any likely solutions for those vehicles purchased without blinds.

New vehicles from 2021 will have first priority over 2019/20 ones.
CJ1949
CJ1949

Male

Member Age : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:16 am

Another good reason not to upgrade my 2012 Worcester to a new Winchcombe then, can think of better ways to burn money, another £40K to spend elsewhere.
I am the first to defend A/S but this sort of service really isn't good enough, I would be fuming. Do I understand when the vans were purchased new the purchaser was told the blinds would be along within 12 months?
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:06 pm

CJ1949 wrote:Visited Willersley today for warranty issues.
They did not know of any pending 'adapter' kit for fitting 'pre old style Merc. cab blinds. 
Informed now to be in 2021 before any likely solutions for those vehicles purchased without blinds.

New vehicles from 2021 will have first priority over 2019/20 ones.
Interesting not what A/S told us on a visit mid September in fact they said it would be a matter of a few weeks. Visited our Dealer today who basically confirmed the same. 
We understood blinds for the 2019 Mercedes Sprinter promised for late 2019 would not be available for another two years Hence modifying the old model blinds.
I will bring this up at the show next week.
allthumbz
Snowy
Snowy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Taylor Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:57 pm

We never use the blinds fitted to our Stanton. Tried them once and found that the windows were totally steamed up in the morning, with condensation running down (this was in Scotland!). We always fit the external Silver Screen and remove it just before departing in the morning. No condensation, ever.

I've actually considered removing the side cab window blinds as they restrict vision to quite a large extent.

Pete.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Pete Taylor
Pete Taylor
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Stanton.
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:14 pm

"I've actually considered removing the side cab window blinds as they restrict vision to quite a large extent."

Yep, done that on our Boxer and it made a big difference to visibility.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:01 pm

I’ve used external Silverscreens (the genuine ones) on a previous VW and would say to anyone who is looking for external blinds to bite the bullet and pay the cost, they are very very good although they do get wet.
However, I’ve found the internal boxer cab blinds brilliant and wouldn’t be without them.
The only condensation we have suffered was in spring so I can see why those who tour out of season may be tempted to remove them.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Cab Blinds Empty Cab Blinds

Post by CJ1949 Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:40 pm

I note that the AS web site is still showing 3D pics of the Bourton with cab blinds.
Bit of a misrepresentation that should include a disclaimer.
Certainly deceived/surprised and disappointed me when I picked up my new Bourton.
CJ1949
CJ1949

Male

Member Age : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:09 pm

But not included in the Specification, which is subject to change at any time anyway. But agree a disclaimer or at least note that they will be fitted for free when available should be shown.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:30 pm

CJ1949 wrote:I note that the AS web site is still showing 3D pics of the Bourton with cab blinds.
Bit of a misrepresentation that should include a disclaimer.
Certainly deceived/surprised and disappointed me when I picked up my new Bourton.
Following a visit to the show yesterday I can confirm A/S are working on a fix for them, but no date at present.
allthumbz
Snowy
Snowy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:35 pm

I'd be telling them to forget them and give me a couple of free services in compensation.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down