The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bourton Cab Remis Blinds

+10
redcar56
Peter Brown
Boggie
LDPD
Cath Dawson
peter67
gemdeco
Skizzydo
rventhusiast
Bunthorne
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bourton Cab Remis Blinds Empty Bourton Cab Remis Blinds

Post by Bunthorne Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:44 pm

We have a 2013 Model and are considering upgrading to a new model for 2021. However,  amongst the 'improvements' and  changes in the newer model I am baffled by the new Cab Blinds for the front window. The material appears very fragile and the patience and skill required to complete the 'blackout' might well be beyond me. Has anyone else experience of the 'newer'  versions and can they offer any advice/reassurance?
Bunthorne
Bunthorne

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton

Back to top Go down

Bourton Cab Remis Blinds Empty Re: Bourton Cab Remis Blinds

Post by rventhusiast Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:10 pm

My understanding was that when the new Mercedes came out Hymer took out the rights to the new pattern Remis blinds for a period (not sure if it was one or two years) so it could be that the blinds you have are not the Remis type but an alternative make.

David
rventhusiast
rventhusiast

Male

Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Bunthorne Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:14 pm

Yes, I also heard that Hymer required exclusivity but that this has now been resolved. I believe that the blinds I saw yesterday on a 2021 model were Remis.
Bunthorne
Bunthorne

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Skizzydo Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:53 pm

We were told the same although the BS meter started winking 
And no there wasn’t going to be a retro fit either although a semi promise was made ( a definite  maybe) So apart from the rubbish Habitation door handle that fouls a drawer that needs a serious redesign, otherwise we quite like now when all the gremlins have been quietened down.
Skizzydo
Skizzydo

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:30 am

rventhusiast wrote:My understanding was that when the new Mercedes came out Hymer took out the rights to the new pattern Remis blinds for a period (not sure if it was one or two years) so it could be that the blinds you have are not the Remis type but an alternative make.

David
I had heard this as well. The solution of the silver screens provided as an interim solution didnt actually fit. Another set was tried with same result. I did some searching around and found RainbowScreens actually listed the latest (2019 onwards) Sprinter during the order process, and my dealer purchased a set.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by gemdeco Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:51 am

Hi
    I am surprised your Silver Screens did not fit, I presume you are referring to outside screens, what problem did you have as I thought my old ones fitted! perhaps I need a 2nd look
Thanks
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Member Age : 73
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:54 pm

IMHO Remis blinds are the "invention of the devil". They hit my dashcam, they don't stay together in the centre, they stop the sun visor from swivelling to the side window and they RATTLE! 
Added to which, they seem to be made from second grade toilet paper, (perhaps I'll be able to sell them as such, when the idiots start emptying the supermarket shelves of loo rolls)
I'm just about to take them out of my Broadway, and replace them with genuine Silver Screens, (Trade Name). I know these fit properly as I have had many sets over the years.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by peter67 Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:51 pm

Hi 

I have a 2019 mercedes winchcombe  previously a 2017 burford with the remis  blinds fitted and I assumed that the same would come fitted to the 2019 winchcombe but no it came with external blinds which I was not happy about using so I bought a set of internal thermal blinds which I would recommend as they are tailor made and fit well with suckers for the 2019 sprinter and you get a choice of colours for the inner side (reversible due to the way the suckers fit)

I thought that you might be interested in the company      QTMDirect2you thermal blinds

hope that other 2019 + sprinter owners may find this useful.
peter67
peter67
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath Dawson Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:22 pm

kandjking wrote:
rventhusiast wrote:My understanding was that when the new Mercedes came out Hymer took out the rights to the new pattern Remis blinds for a period (not sure if it was one or two years) so it could be that the blinds you have are not the Remis type but an alternative make.

David
I had heard this as well. The solution of the silver screens provided as an interim solution didnt actually fit. Another set was tried with same result. I did some searching around and found RainbowScreens actually listed the latest (2019 onwards) Sprinter during the order process, and my dealer purchased a set.
Our temporary silver screens also do not fit !  Still waiting for the new blinds .....
Cath Dawson
Cath Dawson

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by gemdeco Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:07 pm

Hi 
   You talk about temporary Silver Screens is that on the inside or outside,I have Silver Screens for the outside from my old sprinter and they fit OK
Regards
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Member Age : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by LDPD Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:57 pm

We found that the external Paragon Silverscreen from our previous Bourton (previous Mercedes model) fitted the latest model - cab dimensions obviously not changed much. We use the silverscreen in colder months for the insulation and Remis blinds in warmer months for instant privacy.

Speaking of Remis blinds - I'm aware that many, like us, were given a silver screen as an interim solution pending the availability of the blinds which we now have - see below. So, if you are still on a promise follow It up now!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Boggie Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:31 pm

We just sold our Corinium and are in the process of buying a 2019MY Bourton.
This didn’t have remis blinds because of the Hymer rights situation,
Our dealer got in touch with Auto-sleepers who advised that in addition to the licensing issue, the shape of the driver and passenger window bottom rails changed slightly on the 2019 Sprinter, so the window blinds had a gap at the bottom.
Autosleeper also advised they had a work-around solution to the problem by fitting the 2018 Remis blinds and installing an additional trim panel along the bottom edge of the window to eliminate the gap.
This is what will be fitted to our Bourton when we pick it up in a fortnights time and I will post a photo after we collect it. Meanwhile here is a photo of a door blind “borrowed” from a 2018 Burford
Code:
by the dealer for a trial fit to show the difference

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Boggie
Boggie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:58 pm

Link to photo isn't right
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Bourton Cab Remis Blinds Empty Remis blinds

Post by Boggie Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:28 pm

I hope the link works this time, but the inserted image looks like it has inverted itself,

Boggie
Boggie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LDPD Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:01 pm

Boggie wrote:I hope the link works this time, but the inserted image looks like it has inverted itself,
Hmm interesting. Our blinds are specifically for the new Mercedes cab and, as per earlier image, fit properly on the doors with only a single blind to close. You might want to ask a few more questions about what is being proposed as a workaround?

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by redcar56 Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:10 pm

We had the blinds fitted as promised to our 69 plate Burford Duo, there is as you say a bottom insert, they work well
Boggie wrote:I hope the link works this time, but the inserted image looks like it has inverted itself,

redcar56
redcar56

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Burford Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by LDPD Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:41 pm

LDPD wrote:
Hmm interesting. Our blinds are specifically for the new Mercedes cab and, as per earlier image, fit properly on the doors with only a single blind to close. You might want to ask a few more questions about what is being proposed as a workaround?
Hope this info is useful. On our 19 reg Bourton with the new Mercedes cab we were promised Remis blinds and eventually they were installed. Here's what the drivers door is like. Single blind works well.

Donator
Donator

Male

Lainie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wide-Awake Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:46 pm

The external insulation screens supplied by AS do not fit properly. I suspect they are for the old version Mercedes Sprinter which had a slightly more slanted windscreen. 
LDPD interesting to see you have the Remis blinds fitted, my dealer promised me a set when they were available - I will have to contact him.
Wide-Awake
Wide-Awake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LDPD Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:47 am

Wide-Awake wrote:The external insulation screens supplied by AS do not fit properly. I suspect they are for the old version Mercedes Sprinter which had a slightly more slanted windscreen. 
LDPD interesting to see you have the Remis blinds fitted, my dealer promised me a set when they were available - I will have to contact him.
FYI. Agree with your comment about fitting. We retained our genuine silverscreens from our previous Mercedes based Bourton and they fit fine so I'm guessing the cab dimensions can't have changed much,  if at all.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lainie Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:57 am

LDPD please can I ask if AS fitted your single door blind as shown in your photo above at no cost to you? We are looking at purchasing a Bourton 2019 that also doesn’t currently have fitted cab blinds but would want them fitted as we had them in our previous MH and find them quick and easy to achieve privacy. 
Your single door blind looks good and doesn’t appear to have gaps that been shown in previous photos?
Not sure where we would stand with AS promise of blinds as second owners
Thank you blush
Lainie
Lainie

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by LDPD Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:37 am

Lainie wrote:LDPD please can I ask if AS fitted your single door blind as shown in your photo above at no cost to you? We are looking at purchasing a Bourton 2019 that also doesn’t currently have fitted cab blinds but would want them fitted as we had them in our previous MH and find them quick and easy to achieve privacy. 
Your single door blind looks good and doesn’t appear to have gaps that been shown in previous photos?
Not sure where we would stand with AS promise of blinds as second owners
Thank you blush
For the vehicle we ordered, the blinds were part of the advertised specification which our dealer repeatedly failed to deliver on. We turned to AS who eventually came up trumps with no additional cost. I've seen different images of supplied blinds on thìs forum - all I can say is that ours seem to fit perfectly and we're happy with them. We use the blinds in warmer weather or an external Silverscreen in colder weather to avoid condensation issues. You've nothing to lose by having a conversation with AS about your situation have you?

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lainie Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:30 pm

Thank you for your reply and suggestion. We will look at the information with the vehicle and also contact AS to see what our situation would be should we proceed with the purchase.
Lainie
Lainie

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by rventhusiast Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:40 pm

For those who don’t really like ‘external’ silver screens but do already have a set - it is possible to use these internally and they work just as well as buying internal blinds.

David
rventhusiast
rventhusiast

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:58 pm

theyre quite heavy so would need some sort of support to keep them tight to the screen...most proprietry internal 'screens' would use suckers of some sort.
...and, they still have to be stored, they're quite large...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by rventhusiast Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:41 pm

I have used them on occasion when arriving somewhere in pouring rain - because the internal space is smaller than the outside they push fit against the windscreen/side widows and stay in place without any fasteners - I also used them ‘inside out’ with the triangular flaps that are usually on the inside of the doors now on the outside. It works perfectly well. 

David
rventhusiast
rventhusiast

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next