The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2019 Bourton Mercedes Electrics Issues

+27
peewee
Ottersmum
Mids
philoaks
Lord&LadyBurford
pstallwood
rventhusiast
Skizzydo
Hotracer600
Kemerton-bath
Ramboz
marconi
Toffee
Keith Brooks
redcar56
Snowy
Blue
Pete Taylor
Razzy
Redboy
ourannie
PLOUGHLIN
Peter Brown
Roopert
Milvus
KMRTOPAZ
LDPD
31 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

2019 Bourton Mercedes Electrics Issues - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019 Bourton Mercedes Electrics Issues

Post by LDPD Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:21 pm

redcar56 wrote:Hi. Has anyone had the Mercedes update to stop the hibernation issue, we have finally got our MH back after having complete new EC700 panel & PSU and the Merc update done but the issue is still present, Hab light, hab door lock etc, to say I’m upset is an understatement
It took a long while to get ours sorted as previously reported and, touch wood, all still seems to be OK.

When the events you described occurred on our van we saw the red Parking light illuminate briefly on the dashboard each time, which was a clue to the fault originating in the Mercedes side rather than the hab electrics. If you see the red light then I suggest that the Mercedes update might need to be double checked.

Hope you get it sorted soon!

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

2019 Bourton Mercedes Electrics Issues - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019 Bourton Mercedes Electrics Issues

Post by redcar56 Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:48 pm

LDPD wrote:
redcar56 wrote:Hi. Has anyone had the Mercedes update to stop the hibernation issue, we have finally got our MH back after having complete new EC700 panel & PSU and the Merc update done but the issue is still present, Hab light, hab door lock etc, to say I’m upset is an understatement
It took a long while to get ours sorted as previously reported and, touch wood, all still seems to be OK.

When the events you described occurred on our van we saw the red Parking light illuminate briefly on the dashboard each time, which was a clue to the fault originating in the Mercedes side rather than the hab electrics. If you see the red light then I suggest that the Mercedes update might need to be double checked.

Hope you get it sorted soon!
Hi, yes we got the flashing light, I’m surprised the update didn’t work, but then again this MH has spent more time at AS service or our dealer than we had it home.
redcar56
redcar56

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Burford Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ottersmum Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:20 pm

We have the same problem. The dealer tells us they have narrowed it down to the Sargent alarm system. It is not compatible with the new Mercedes cab. They have no alternative to offer so we will have no alarm system.
Ottersmum
Ottersmum

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe

Back to top Go down

Post by redcar56 Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:50 pm

Ottersmum wrote:We have the same problem. The dealer tells us they have narrowed it down to the Sargent alarm system. It is not compatible with the new Mercedes cab. They have no alternative to offer so we will have no alarm system.
We use the same dealer, what alarm system did you have fitted.
redcar56
redcar56

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ottersmum Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:28 pm

Can't tell you exactly but they did say they have other vehicles with the same problem. It was a Sargent alarm and one they have fitted before, don't know the model. They think the problem lies with the new Mercedes cab. Pm me if you want
Ottersmum
Ottersmum

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ottersmum Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:48 pm

Found it.. Cat 1 695 model Auto Safe
Thatcham approved.
Ottersmum
Ottersmum

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by redcar56 Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:50 pm

Ottersmum wrote:Found it.. Cat 1 695 model Auto Safe
Thatcham approved.
Same as ours then
redcar56
redcar56

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:58 pm

I have that alarm on my MB based MH, older though). Works perfectly and with the advantage it is integrated with the normal MB key, no separate fob. Confused by the reference to Sargent alarm, which it isn't.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Ottersmum Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:18 pm

I realise that now. The problem is the new Mercedes so you wouldn't have had that problem
Ottersmum
Ottersmum

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by LDPD Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:21 pm

redcar56 wrote:
Thatcham approved.
Same as ours then
Have you had the Mercedes update carried out as described earlier in this thread?

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by redcar56 Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:26 pm

LDPD wrote:
redcar56 wrote:
Thatcham approved.
Same as ours then
Have you had the Mercedes update carried out as described earlier in this thread?
Yes, I had the update done, my Sargent was modified and wired direct to the battery, not the Merc PSU, and I had no Merc issues or alarm issues, then it went to AS who I think put it back and the Merc issues started again, mines in again Monday and I am determined to get to the bottom of this, it’s ridiculous.
redcar56
redcar56

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ottersmum Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:33 pm

We have had 2 updates at MB. Just sent you a message Redcar but have no idea how this forum works so not sure. Suggesting you give me a call
Ottersmum
Ottersmum

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by philoaks Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:27 pm

redcar56 wrote:
LDPD wrote:
redcar56 wrote:
Same as ours then
Yes, I had the update done, my Sargent was modified and wired direct to the battery, not the Merc PSU, and I had no Merc issues or alarm issues, then it went to AS who I think put it back and the Merc issues started again, mines in again Monday and I am determined to get to the bottom of this, it’s ridiculous.
Hi Martin,  I was just wondering how you were getting on with your problems.  If it's any consolation, mine went to Mercedes last week for the software update and also had a new EC700 fitted (latest firmware version) but my problems persist also.  Worst bit is the alarm going off at stupid o'clock in the mornings but the random door noises, awning light and EC700 alarm are starting to get on my nerves a bit too!
philoaks
philoaks

Male

Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by redcar56 Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:11 pm

philoaks wrote:
redcar56 wrote:
LDPD wrote:
Hi Martin,  I was just wondering how you were getting on with your problems.  If it's any consolation, mine went to Mercedes last week for the software update and also had a new EC700 fitted (latest firmware version) but my problems persist also.  Worst bit is the alarm going off at stupid o'clock in the mornings but the random door noises, awning light and EC700 alarm are starting to get on my nerves a bit too!
Hi Phil
Ours is still at dealers, AS had to send Mercedes to our dealers to update the Merc software as the local Merc dealer cocked it up, I’m told it’s all fixed now. I further told when the vehicle goes into hibernation mode the hab light and lock will click / light once then never again as such.I’ve not got it back yet so we will see, they also had to disconnect our Autowatch alarm as they SAY that when it was reconnected it made the hab door lock click every 4 minutes. All sounds very strange to me but let’s see, whilst at the dealers the Merc guy updated 9 vans, he’s the guy who wrote the update.
redcar56
redcar56

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Skizzydo Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:12 pm

I have just caught up with  the electric problems with the Bourton   Ours is also a 2019 pile of do do’s. 
Two short stays over  the last week we had daily Low battery warnings ( false )  , hab door doing its own thing and finally lost the security system. I did note that it was fairly normal if on hook up, if on battery power  forget it.
I switched the cab radio on this morning and  that unlocked the Hab door.  Good game good game 
I have lost all faith in the machine  so it’s time to look for another vehicle. After a year of continual frustrations enough is enough.
The vehicle has all the updates both the EC700 and  Mercedes done.
Time is up for the Haunted Snail.
Skizzydo
Skizzydo

Male

Member Age : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by peewee Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:19 am

Hi everyone
On September 1st I am due to take delivery of a 2019 AS Bourton, with an EC700 alarm system installed and have read this Forum dialogue with interest. I have alerted my dealer to my concerns about the Electrics issues and they have taken the matter on board and promised to investigate. But it seems many owners of this model have not yet had the problem resolved and in many cases the cause seems to be uncertain even after many months in most cases.
If anyone has had the the problem dealt with satisfactorily I would be grateful to learn what specific steps were taken, either by AS, by Mercedes or by a dealer - or a combination of all three. That would help me direct my questions to my dealer more accurately.
Thanks if you can assist.
Pete
peewee
peewee

Male

Auto-Sleeper : bourton

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:19 am

peewee wrote:Hi everyone
On September 1st I am due to take delivery of a 2019 AS Bourton, with an EC700 alarm system installed and have read this Forum dialogue with interest. I have alerted my dealer to my concerns about the Electrics issues and they have taken the matter on board and promised to investigate. But it seems many owners of this model have not yet had the problem resolved and in many cases the cause seems to be uncertain even after many months in most cases.
If anyone has had the the problem dealt with satisfactorily I would be grateful to learn what specific steps were taken, either by AS, by Mercedes or by a dealer - or a combination of all three. That would help me direct my questions to my dealer more accurately.
Thanks if you can assist.
Pete

In all honesty I would cancel the order and get out now. AS will never accept responsibility for any problems they can't solve or understand. The van is NCC approved, AS use delaying tactics and never give you the chance to use the NCC procedure to get a solution.
marconi
marconi

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK

Back to top Go down

Post by redcar56 Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:45 am

Skizzydo wrote:I have just caught up with  the electric problems with the Bourton   Ours is also a 2019 pile of do do’s. 
Two short stays over  the last week we had daily Low battery warnings ( false )  , hab door doing its own thing and finally lost the security system. I did note that it was fairly normal if on hook up, if on battery power  forget it.
I switched the cab radio on this morning and  that unlocked the Hab door.  Good game good game 
I have lost all faith in the machine  so it’s time to look for another vehicle. After a year of continual frustrations enough is enough.
The vehicle has all the updates both the EC700 and  Mercedes done.
Time is up for the Haunted Snail.
Ours has had all the updates also and although the EC700 is fine we also get the turn the radio on issue, it’s a strange motorhome this 🤷‍�
redcar56
redcar56

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Skizzydo Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:17 pm

We have just returned after three days visiting our grandsons with the Haunted Snail.
1) I Isolated the electric feed to the habitation door by taping over the electric contacts at the bottom of the door , hinge side.
No locking on the fob now, but at least I doesnt unlock on its own now.  The locks well using the key each time. I am Happy with that at the present time.
2)  I lost the fill icon on the power supply indication screen, so now no water replenishment by external pump from the water drum 

Each trip of the very few we have done in this heap of junk, has been both a challenge and frankly upsetting on various occasions.
I finally lost my cool with the dealership a few weeks ago and said you are having this piece of junk back, 14 months of continual hassle  we have no confidence in the vehicle to actually spend more a couple of days away now.
I think they are trying now to find a solution in another vehicle   But I insisted not under any  circumstance will it be an Auto Sleeper! 
I will go and see them in a few days time to see what they will offer me .
The next return of the HS  to the dealership was due next week but now probably the backend of September. What a great service!
Skizzydo
Skizzydo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by redcar56 Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:31 pm

Skizzydo wrote:We have just returned after three days visiting our grandsons with the Haunted Snail.
1) I Isolated the electric feed to the habitation door by taping over the electric contacts at the bottom of the door , hinge side.
No locking on the fob now, but at least I doesnt unlock on its own now.  The locks well using the key each time. I am Happy with that at the present time.
2)  I lost the fill icon on the power supply indication screen, so now no water replenishment by external pump from the water drum 

Each trip of the very few we have done in this heap of junk, has been both a challenge and frankly upsetting on various occasions.
I finally lost my cool with the dealership a few weeks ago and said you are having this piece of junk back, 14 months of continual hassle  we have no confidence in the vehicle to actually spend more a couple of days away now.
I think they are trying now to find a solution in another vehicle   But I insisted not under any  circumstance will it be an Auto Sleeper! 
I will go and see them in a few days time to see what they will offer me .
The next return of the HS  to the dealership was due next week but now probably the backend of September. What a great service!
I know your pain, ours was good apart from the radio incident which I understand why it happens but is not exceptable, ours had one night where the following happened 5 times hab light turned on, red park light on. Hab door lock activated but then it didn’t again,
We will have a conversation with the dealer Monday, problem is we love a Burford Duo and have come so far, but we will see.
redcar56
redcar56

Male

Skizzydo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skizzydo Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:26 pm

Like you we like our Bourton , it suits us having  extras put on, but I think our loss of confidence  has reached the bottom of the pit and now we are actively looking for a replacement.
Skizzydo
Skizzydo

Male

gemdeco and redcar56 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Lee 2 Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:20 am

LDPD wrote:Anyone having problems with weird behaviour of the electrics in the habitation area?
When parked up, on ours the Mercedes electrics tries to enable an energy saving hibernation mode which appears to confuse the Sargent unit which does any, or all, of the following - operate the step, awning light or worst of all sets off it's own internal battery low alarm. Given this goes off randomly in the night, a good night's sleep is something to dream of (not in the van though!). This behaviour has existed since we took delivery three months ago and despite persistent chasing there's no sign of resolution. A vehicle designed for sleeping in, but you can't have an uninterrupted night's sleep! Fit for purpose? Anyone else with similar issues or sensible advice?

I think the problem is with the Sargents software, you may need to return it to your dealer for an upgrade, you should have had an email about this from Sargents beginning of the year. (As usual some confusion about which software versions needs the upgrade)

Ours should have been updated but so many problems for the dealership to sort out it was missed by Spinneys Crewe.

The outcome, complete wipe-out of the Auto Sleeper control panel, Sargent did send a new one to the campsite by the next day, nightmare to replace,the panel is stuck on with mastic which is unbelievable!!

The our story is now turning into a saga
Jack Lee 2
Jack Lee 2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by redcar56 Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:36 am

Jack Lee 2 wrote:
LDPD wrote:Anyone having problems with weird behaviour of the electrics in the habitation area?
When parked up, on ours the Mercedes electrics tries to enable an energy saving hibernation mode which appears to confuse the Sargent unit which does any, or all, of the following - operate the step, awning light or worst of all sets off it's own internal battery low alarm. Given this goes off randomly in the night, a good night's sleep is something to dream of (not in the van though!). This behaviour has existed since we took delivery three months ago and despite persistent chasing there's no sign of resolution. A vehicle designed for sleeping in, but you can't have an uninterrupted night's sleep! Fit for purpose? Anyone else with similar issues or sensible advice?

I think the problem is with the Sargents software, you may need to return it to your dealer for an upgrade, you should have had an email about this from Sargents beginning of the year. (As usual some confusion about which software versions needs the upgrade)

Ours should have been updated but so many problems for the dealership to sort out it was missed by Spinneys Crewe.

The outcome, complete wipe-out of the Auto Sleeper control panel, Sargent did send a new one to the campsite by the next day, nightmare to replace,the panel is stuck on with mastic which is unbelievable!!

I think LPDP as me has had the lastest Sargent (46) update and Mercedes update but there are still issues.
redcar56
redcar56

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LDPD Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:57 am

redcar56 wrote:
Jack Lee 2 wrote:

I think LPDP as me has had the lastest Sargent (46) update and Mercedes update but there are still issues.

An update

We think our issues are resolved as reported back in March. We've managed some nights away and so far all seems to be working as it should now.

As reported previously, due to a total lack of confidence in our dealer we opted to deal directly with AS who we found very understanding. It also bypassed the dealer who we felt didn't have the understanding of the issues or same sense of urgency for a resolution as we did! If both the Mercedes update and Sargent updates are done correctly,  the electrics gremlins should disappear - it seems to have worked for us.

Donator
Donator

Male

redcar56 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by redcar56 Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:01 pm

LDPD wrote:
redcar56 wrote:
Jack Lee 2 wrote:

An update

We think our issues are resolved as reported back in March. We've managed some nights away and so far all seems to be working as it should now.

As reported previously, due to a total lack of confidence in our dealer we opted to deal directly with AS who we found very understanding. It also bypassed the dealer who we felt didn't have the understanding of the issues or same sense of urgency for a resolution as we did! If both the Mercedes update and Sargent updates are done correctly,  the electrics gremlins should disappear - it seems to have worked for us.
Unfortunately the updates haven’t solved ours and it was done by AS and the Mercedes software engineer, but that’s life, I’m now doing various tests for them 👍
redcar56
redcar56

Male

gemdeco likes this post

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next