The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2019 New Mercedes

4 posters

Go down

2019 New Mercedes  Empty 2019 New Mercedes

Post by gemdeco Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:10 am

Hi everyone
      what standard equipment did new 2019 Mercedes model come with? Mine has no hydraulic jack or allocated stowage for it, It does not have a cigarette lighter socket in the top dash board (There is a blank outlet for it) It does come with the larger 93ltr fuel tank,  Drive Assistant Mercedes Pack, High beam assist. Active lane control assistant. I purchased mine off the shelf as they say ,the spec was determined by the motorhome supplier  
regards
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Member Age : 73
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

2019 New Mercedes  Empty Re: 2019 New Mercedes

Post by peter67 Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:03 pm

Hi 
The standard equipment fitted to the mercedes 2019 does come with a jack and tools located in the forward part of the passenger footwell (just lift the carpet and look to see the front hatch ) you will need to half turn the locking screws.
 the cigarette socket is just below the lower pockets on the lower dash and and it also has a USB-c with it. (needs ignition on to work) 
  This might be of interest to other new mercedes owners is that there is a key fob emergency slot below the cigar socket to push your key in if you find that your start button is not recognised therefore won't let you start the engine as I found out recently.

On the dash under the lift up panel is located the inputs for your media equipment again of the USB-c types so to use you may need USB to c adapters (I got them on ebay)   
  My sprinter does have active lane control with vibration through the steering wheel and I don't know about the high beam or fuel tank but it does have auto lights which is the position I leave the switch at all the time                                                                         The media pack would have been a option which would have satellite dish.
Hope you find this useful.
peter67
peter67
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by gemdeco Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:01 pm

Hi Peter 
      Thank You for the reply, I am just interested in trying to find out any differences in UK and German specification vehicles. Are you sure you have a jack under that panel on mine there is a fuse box. Everything else is the same Just hoped for a few more replies. I am going to Mercedes tomorrow to check on a few things, still trying to get a service plan and will try to get the Sat Nav updated FOC to allow from time it was builtto time it was registered with the DVLA.
Regards
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by peter67 Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:54 pm

Hi again Alan
Just checked the position of the bottle jack and you were right as I had assumed that it was in the tool space under the floor as it was in the previous Burford without actually opening it up and it only contained a tool tray and under that was a fuse tray.
I knew that I had already seen the jack and it is located in a compartment on the drivers door side step. ( page 310 in manual )
i hope that I don't have to use mine any time soon.   
Regards       peter67
peter67
peter67
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe

gemdeco likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gemdeco Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:55 pm

Hi Peter
     hank you for the confirmation about the Jack, my Mercedes for some reason does not have a jack.I went the Mercedes today and it seems for some reason the spec is different  to the Autosleeper models even the "Home" screen has Burstner on it
Regards
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:14 pm

You could try putting your VIN into this to get the original build specification. If it covers the newer model, it will tell you what options were originally specified and what might be missing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

gemdeco likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gemdeco Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:12 am

Hi Peter
       The Website does do recognise my VIN 
Thanks
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Boggie Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:10 pm

Hi Alan,
I have used this site before for my Mercedes SLK. It isn’t a UK site and I think it is in Eastern Europe, 
It  is strange but the search only works once, you only get one shot at entering your vin, so you cannot run the search again if you enter a wrong digit.
To run further searches you have to subscribe 
Art
Boggie
Boggie

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton

Back to top Go down