The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rienza Roof

4 posters

Go down

Rienza Roof Empty Rienza Roof

Post by Dave 418 Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:59 pm

shrugg The roof of our Rienza has always looked grubby. We dont think it was cleaned before we picked it up a year ago. It wasnt too cold yesterday so I clambered up via the rear ladder armed with the car wash brush attached to a pole to clean the Luton without stepping on it.. The best tactic being to kneel down and work backwards spraying on the Muck Off. Once at the ladder I then rinsed off with the hose. It  looks really clean viewed from the upstairs windows 
The only bit I need to suss out is cleaning under the solar panel. It is fitted against the raised edge of the roof on the roof rails. I can get my hand under two thirds of the pannel but not the n/s edge. I think some one mentioned a brush for this purpose.  scratch head 
Next decent day I will wash the rest of the body work before we go to Norfolk for its habitation check at the end of this month, it is part of the sales package. We are going to stay there for a couple of nights. Hopefully we will find a chippy. Weather allowing maybe a bracing stroll along the prom. cold
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Rienza Roof Empty Re: Rienza Roof

Post by Paulmold Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:25 pm

I also use MuckOff with good results. You could try one of those small paint rollers for use behind radiators.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:15 pm

think_smiley_46 I have been doing some sussing and boggling regarding long thin brushes. It appears you can buy a microfibre long thin brush for cleaning wheels. It has a bendy handle so it would be quite easy to feed under the solar panel. I havnt bought the Rienza a pressy for a while,or maybe I could ask for an early birthday pressy. I will have to form a list to be displayed on the notice board. Whistle1
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamRienza Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:11 pm

I had one of those hose through the handle brushs with soft yellow bristles. It fitted under my panel (also mounted fore and aft on the roof rails). Provided I kept it horizontal that is. I reckon a short piece of brush shaft with a sponge tied on to it would do the job. Especially if the roof was well soaked before hand. Under my panel was never as bad as the rest anyway.

It is a bit late now, but you know that the over cab area is not as strong as the main flat roof section. Don't venture on to it!

Davy
TeamRienza
TeamRienza
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Used to own a Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2006 Mk6

Back to top Go down

Post by Heanorboy Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:32 pm

To get under the panel how about one of these
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cheap and easy to use and should reach all the way under
David

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Ex 2012 Dorset W
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:36 am

I think I will go along with the micro fibre one I found. It has gone very cold here so I am putting external cleaning on hold. Next task will involve dragging the Dyson out of its dark corner.  It seems a long while since we were out in the van so just going out there cleaning and getting it ready is a bit of boost. Maybe a day out is needed.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down