The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buying a Rienza

+4
burlingtonboaby
roli
daisy mae
wicket5
8 posters

Go down

Buying a Rienza Empty Buying a Rienza

Post by wicket5 Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:48 pm

We are thinking of buying a 2010 Rienza but we are unable to find full specification can anybody help please. Also, are there any issues with them as there does not seem to be many about.

Thank for your help
wicket5
wicket5

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper : none
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Buying a Rienza Empty Re: Buying a Rienza

Post by daisy mae Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:02 am

Hello and asof_welcome2 from Leicestershire, sorry cannot answer your query re Rienza, I have relatives in Peacehaven, next to the sea front. last down there last year.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:58 am

asof_welcome2

Think by 2010 AS had stopped building the Rienza's last of which were on a Mk7 Transit and kept the van running as a Hampshire on a Merc Sprinter Chassis. (I will stand correction on that)

I either case both are excellent base vehicles and there has been much written on the forums as both as different models.
The Hampshire that was identical to the Rienza (AS later moved the door position) was a super van the layout modelled on the Legend and we have a few owners or past owners on here who will be able to offer advice
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:51 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum from Bridlington
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:32 pm

wave Hi there and welcome.We have a 55 plate Rienza bought last February. As far as I know the Rienza became the Hampshire on the Mk7 Transit base. There is a Hampshire for sale at Michel Jordan Motorhomes.There might be pictures on there web site.
We moved up from a Dueto to the Rienza so we still think it is huge. Very comfortable rear lounge that makes into two singles or a large double. the bathroom is big enough to shower with the door closed. A full cooker with thre gas and one electric hot plate and large oven. Lots of storage space. Gas or electric heating for warm air or water. I have the sizes, Lengh 6.8mtrs, Width 2.5 mtrs, Hight 2.7. It will fit on a normal drive with care.
So far we have had nothing  major go wrong. Most of the problems should have been sorted before we bought it. We have been used the Rienza from February all season and been comfortable. The Duetto was too cold for winter breaks.
Any further questions please ask, PM if you like. Dave,
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Homer2 Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:02 pm

Hi and welcome Wicket5

I can only echo Dave's comments, the Rienza is very comfortable, and for two people, extremely spacious. We've had ours for some 18 months now and covered 8,000 miles in that time, we try to use it at least once a month.
I find the fuel consumption a little heavy 23 - 25 but a lighter right foot might ease that.
I've swapped the original radio for a Pioneer with USB slot so we can listen to our collection when abroad without carting loads of cds around with us - Halfords do a natty adapter from the Ford extra large aperture which brings it down to standard slot size, the extra height provides a cubby hole on top of the radio for a phone or camera.
The roof light above the kitchen had suffered some damage to one of the raising handles so I swapped it for a mini Heki which fitted straight into the existing hole, and as it's tinted glass rather than opaque gives a lot more light.
If you get one on the Transit Mk6 chassis, watch out for the air cleaner box allowing water ingress which soaks the paper element. It's a common problem according to the Transit forum, rainwater runs down the windscreen and past the panel which takes the wiper spindles. I made a rubber shield to direct the rainwater off the housing, and so far so good, alternative would be to wrap it in a bin liner. Definitely worth checking out, if bits of soggy paper come loose, the next stop is the turbo....
Be interested to hear if you get hold of one. Homer
Homer2
Homer2

Male

Member Age : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:07 pm

Wicket5 hasn't been back to the forum since the minute he posted his question, not even to see any responses, very strange.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:23 pm

think_smiley_46 I remember the Transit I had at the roadside "K-Reg" 150, had the air filter modified to stop it drowning the air filter. Thanks for the heads up I will check mine in the morning.
The idea of fitting the mini heki sounds a good move.
The Rienza cant have been built in large amounts, I think there are only two on  the Forum now. If you've got the room to park a bigger motorhome and you like Ford running gear I think they are a nice van. I was tempted by a Hampshire on the Mk7 Transit but they were just too high priced for us.
Keep the updates coming Homer.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Parkes Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:11 pm

Hi everyone,

There will be another one then from next Friday - we are upgrading from our Talbot Express 1994 Talisman GL that has done us so proud. Not leaving the AS forum - just moving from the Monocoque forum to the Coach built forum. More details here and profile updated once I know them but for now it is a well looked after 2004 Rienza 2.4L Di on a Transit 125 T350 base vehicle.

Not brand new and at our age we should know better but my wife & I can't help being just a bit excited.

Thanks for the updates - they are valuable.
Peter Parkes
Peter Parkes

Male

Member Age : 78
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:02 pm

Hi Peter. I hope you enjoy the  Rienza. Any questions I will try and answer, we learnt a lot this year. Most of the issues we had could have been sorted by the dealers we bought from but never mind we still got a nice motorhome with low millage and well kept.
I keep meaning to ring Autosleepers and ask how many Rienza motorhomes they built.
You can be exited any age. We all need a boost some times, life would get boring without the occasional excitement. Whistle1
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down