The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autosleeper worcester cooker rattles

+8
roli
Terry
whisky
Neuvosleeper
DuxDeluxe
Tony F
murph
steveparris
12 posters

Go down

Autosleeper worcester cooker rattles Empty Autosleeper worcester cooker rattles

Post by steveparris Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:19 pm

hi i have a worcester has anybody had a problem with the noise from the cooker when traverling on uneven roads
steveparris
steveparris

Auto-Sleeper : worcester

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper worcester cooker rattles Empty cooker

Post by murph Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:36 pm

Some cookers do rattle particularly the grill tray if you do not wrap it in somthing and I have heard of the pan cupboard door rattling it is just a case of trying every thing untill you find the culprit and take steps to deal with it.

Brian.
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper worcester cooker rattles Empty Re: Autosleeper worcester cooker rattles

Post by Tony F Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:20 pm

It is after all a big metal box full of metal things - especially if the pan cupboard is part of it. It'll make a lot of noise, and the remedy is just trial and error regarding packing. Whistle1

I use ours as a warning that I'm driving too fast... hugegrins

T bouncing ny
Tony F
Tony F

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Windsor on Mk 6

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper worcester cooker rattles Empty Re: Autosleeper worcester cooker rattles

Post by DuxDeluxe Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:58 pm

Grill tray in the cupboard with the pans - with wrapping of non slip or tea towel. Then a bit of the non slip mat around the shelf and voila! Pas de rattle.....
DuxDeluxe
DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down

Post by Neuvosleeper Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:56 pm

Whats "volla pas de rattle ? And the door doesnt open far enuf to get the shelves out !! best not bother I suppose we dont cook in it so no probs, just fill it with "extra well wrapped bottles of wine. By the way IF you do wish to fully open the door remove the offending and unnecessary top chrome bar (2 small screws) Be warned the "control knobs are "dodgy " badly formed --to off position, with little or no positive OFF stop. love a moan ! Nuevosleeper.---E.K.
Neuvosleeper
Neuvosleeper

Male

Member Age : 87
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo 11
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by steveparris Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:36 am

i have removed everything from cooker the doors used to fly open it went back to marquis and they fitted butterfly clips to all the doors but the noise is still there the whole unit seems to move. maybe they will sort it next time it goes in regards steve
steveparris
steveparris

Auto-Sleeper : worcester

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper worcester cooker rattles Empty Re Cooker.

Post by whisky Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:29 am

Hi Steve.

If yours is like the one in my Exec. Take out the grill pan and look up to the bottom of the gas rings. Here you will find an aluminium cover plate. It covers the feed pipes to the gas rings. You will most likely find it is just touching or is very close to the pipework. When on the move thats where the noise comes from. Solution just bend it down about a quarter of an inch. Job done no more rattles from there. The other rattle you get from the oven is generally the oven shelf. we just wrap that in a tea towel.
Hope that helps.
Whisky. look here

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper worcester cooker rattles Empty Cooker rattles

Post by Terry Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:51 pm

I'm on a mission to eliminate all rattles in my Harmony as I hate them more than tailgaters, the cooker has now come up on my aural radar !
We don't have an oven but I've put the non-slip rubber matting in the grill, removed the hob chrome grid and placed on the grill mat, wrapped it, grill pan and grid also wrapped on top, removed all burner covers, (ours are loose) and wrapped them in kitchen towel then into a plastic clip box. 2 minutes to re-assemble the lot and a small price to pay for cooker hush. The hob is then cushioned with more matting before the lid goes down. In my previous Executive I found the oven door a little loose and got some rubber trim from this amazing back street shop in Reading who sold loads of different vehicle door and vent rubbers. I found a profile that fitted the frame around the oven door that sorted that one out.
I've even laid on the floor of my Executive wiggling pipes to the heater and found 2 pipes clanging against one another. that's when the grey pipe wrap from B&Q comes into play ......which is also useful in loads of hard edge contact points !
When you change tyres consider Uni-Royal Rain Max 2's as they have played a part in keeping the noise down, although they may not be suitable for higher weight 'vans.
Next on my list is cupboard doors, now where's those little self adhesive felt pads .....don't get me started !!!
Sorry for boring everyone but it is one of my pet hates, not that you can tell.
Terry
Terry
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:58 pm

Tell me about rattles, We had the Executive for eight years, this van is nearly four thats 12 years of rattles which the much revered AS-Service Centre, and others have failed to cure. Must admit I havnt asked my current man to investigate.
The other being the fire but I have noted the suggestions in the recent thread on this and as soon as I can manage time to get in the van will try the fire solution
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper worcester cooker rattles Empty Rattles

Post by Terry Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:14 pm

Check my reply the 'Truma Heater Rattles' , but don't ever give up on tracking the little blighters down. Lightly tap all you cupboard doors, you will be surprised at the amount of play in them. The little felt pads and a length of pipe wrap go with me everywhere.
And another thing, on the windows, pull down the fly screens and engage with the blinds, move the blinds up by one click, as belt and braces stick a peg down the gap in the corner at the bottom of the blinds which stops any movement, even plastic on plastic will produce noise the closed fly screen will be tensioned against rattling.
Check all seat to bed mechanisms for any metal on metal contact, keep going, you'll get there in the end.
Of course the 'coup de gras' is Airides and they're going on on Wednesday !
Terry
Terry
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:14 pm

Neuvosleeper wrote: Whats "volla pas de rattle ?

"Voila! Pas de rattle"is a deliberate bit of tortured "Franglais" and supposed to be a joke..... content

Clearly not a good one as I had to explain it.
DuxDeluxe
DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:46 pm

DuxDeluxe wrote:

"Voila! Pas de rattle"is a deliberate bit of tortured "Franglais" and supposed to be a joke..... content

lol4 Like it Dux up!

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:52 pm

Terry wrote:......
We don't have an oven but I've put the non-slip rubber matting in the grill, .....

I used to think that burned toast smelled bad - but the aroma of chargrilled non-slip rubber matting is one to be avoided!

This happens when The Boss decides (without the cooks knowledge) to fill the cooker with almost anything that will fit, regardless of size or suitability. I thought I had removed everything under the grill but "No!" and then came the "Well you should have looked!"

Also, as Petal is still waiting on a mechanic to check out the clutch, a decent "rattle" or two would actually cheer me up - at least we would be on the move!

Best regards,

drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by andygump Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:23 pm

Hi Guys

Have you considered ear defenders. smile!

Andy up!
andygump

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Topaz
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:25 pm

.... Or just turn the radio up a bit!! allthumbz

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper worcester cooker rattles Empty Cooker rattles

Post by Terry Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:31 pm

Not the grill, but I did put some on the hob before it had cooled down enough, yuk !!!!
Terry
Terry
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by deckie Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:19 pm

CruizingComet wrote:
DuxDeluxe wrote:

lol4 Like it Dux up!

With you there CC, great stuff Dux allthumbz

We have been speaking 'Franglais' for years with lots of laughs allround hugegrins

Brian

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:08 pm

I do it a lot to really wind up my French work colleagues...... The problem is that now they see the funny side and rather play along with it all. Makes for some good meetings, though.
DuxDeluxe
DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down