The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minor Rattle

+6
Peter Brown
artheytrate
Gromit
rich g
Paulmold
Dave 418
10 posters

Go down

Minor Rattle Empty Minor Rattle

Post by Dave 418 Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:54 pm

tap_fingers As most motorhome owners are aware there is no such thing as  rattle proof . We have a new rattle each trip and regard finding it is a challenge.
The cooker on our Rienza is behind the passenger seat and proves a challenge when packing the pans in the lower cupboard. We though we had it sorted until we took to the North Norfolk coast road.
The new rattle was from the top of the cooker. Being very careful and only on a straight bit I can reach the cooker lid. Whistle1 If I press down no rattle.
On investigation there are two rubber blocks that act as catches to hold the lid closed. One of these is perished and the other turned 90 degrees out line. had_idea Having a bit of fiddle I turned the better one to the right position and no rattle of lid.
I have tried the normal searches with no luck. Is my cooker different, do other cookers have such things. Oh nearly forgot it is a Spinflo  cooker, three gas burners and an electric hotplate. think_smiley_46
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Minor Rattle Empty Re: Minor Rattle

Post by Paulmold Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:21 pm

I think I have the same cooker (well it's a Spinflo but maybe different model. ) Our glass lid has no such catches so we just place a teatowel between the lid and the pan frame.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

j8snl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rich g Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:56 pm

Paulmold wrote:I think I have the same cooker (well it's a Spinflo but maybe different model. ) Our glass lid has no such catches so we just place a teatowel between the lid and the pan frame.

Ditto
rich g
rich g

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Peugeot Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:56 pm

These are not what you want, but you may be able to modify them fairly easily.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Plenty of these around, but can't find any for Spinflo. Try giving Oleary's a call tomorrow. They may well have them, but not in their listings.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by artheytrate Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:08 pm

I just slide a piece of pipe insulation along the edge of glass lid and I do the same with the sink lid.

John.
artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:33 pm

artheytrate wrote:I just slide a piece of pipe insulation along the edge of glass lid and I do the same with the sink lid.

John.
That's a great idea. Unfortunately both my sink and hob lids have rubber rests and neither rattle!

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by willy eckerslike Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:27 pm

Same as Paulmold, works a treat.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper : Devon
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:48 pm

blush Typical why didn't I think of that moment has just come upon me. I have some very small pipe insulation from my heating unit building days. I think was meant to go over 1/4" pipe. If that is split it will fit nicely along the edge.
I have just been looking in my workshop for some thing suitable, it is amongst the safe place for later collection. The pot cloth on top is a bit too dodgy and asking for a senior moment. whoops This is why I like the Forum. There is always some one smarter than yourself with a simple logical solution  to a problem. thanksverymuch
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:55 pm

I use that anti-slip matting the thick one that you can buy on the roll, thin one is useless, I put a sheet under the glass lid and another one on the top, saves scratches on the glass lid, so can use it as an extra work surface. I also have an artificial plant on it  in the window when I am travelling.  smile!

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:31 pm

We have spent almost 2 years trying to identify the source of an annoying- and worrying- rhythmic banging noise from the rear. It sounds exactly as you'd expect the table to sound, banging against the wardrobe wall or the shower screen slapping against the bathroom wall. It wasn't  either of those and, despite ages spent poking, padding and listening as we travel it was only a month ago, on an empty stretch of M6 in Northumberland, that I finally identified the source. 

It's the bike padlock keys, hanging in the crockery locker and slapping against the wooden side of the locker. 

What are we going to talk about now we can't speculate as to where" the noise" is coming from ?
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by m8form8 Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:47 pm

I bought a card of self adhesive felt pads from poundworld, very useful our new (Benimar..sorry for swearing in here) van has a glass cooker top. It took a while to realise that although it has rubber buffers the lid is tapping the screw heads along the sides. Solution put two of said felt pads above position of rubber buffers (on lid itself) below. Now its silent as slightly higher than screw heads and we have moved on to sourcing other annoying rattles. They all get them its tracking them down. hugegrins hugegrins hugegrins
m8form8
m8form8

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down