The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walking towards camera!

4 posters

Go down

Walking towards camera! Empty Walking towards camera!

Post by bristol170kj Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:02 am

And another "why"

When watching news items or documentaries (don't there seem to be a lot on the TV these days - cheap TV I suppose) why does the speak always have to walk towards the camera whilst they are talking?  Is it because, it's TV and everyone thinks we the audience haven't realised we can watch moving images? confused3 shrugg
bristol170kj
bristol170kj

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Walking towards camera! Empty Re: Walking towards camera!

Post by Gromit Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:33 am

Agreed, it has perplexed me for ages, but it's not as bad as the camera always focussing on the speaker, rather than what he is describing.

Particularly bad on cookery programmes. I thought the idea was to watch and learn from what was going on in the mixing bowl - not to peer up the chef's nostril or delve into the recesses of his left ear. (Sometimes the right ear - never boring, eh! shrugg )

It might not be so bad if they didn't appoint their programme directors until they were out of short trousers!! Whistle1

Dave smile!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by bristol170kj Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:44 am

Gromit wrote:Agreed, it has perplexed me for ages, but it's not as bad as the camera always focussing on the speaker, rather than what he is describing.

Particularly bad on cookery programmes. I thought the idea was to watch and learn from what was going on in the mixing bowl - not to peer up the chef's nostril or delve into the recesses of his left ear. (Sometimes the right ear - never boring, eh! shrugg )

It might not be so bad if they didn't appoint their programme directors until they were out of short trousers!! Whistle1

Dave smile!
The same goes for game shows.  They show the board questions then flick back to the contestants question masters faces before you have chance to read all the question. think_smiley_46
bristol170kj
bristol170kj

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by dbroada Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:09 pm

I watch motor racing where we have moving footage of cars racing but apparently we would rather look at somebodies girlfriend, Christian Horner's foot taping or a bunch of mechanics sitting in their deckchairs watching TV.

dbroada
dbroada
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK (Stolen)
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by RML Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:32 am

You could try radio, it's just as informative and you can look at whatever you want. hugegrins
Rich..
RML
RML

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Ex - Gatcombe
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down