The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broadway storage

+11
Maasai Warrior
safariboy
steamdrivenandy
JohnnyT
willy eckerslike
PLOUGHLIN
Bad Penny
Quilter
Cymro
Gromit
Libraryman2
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Broadway storage - Page 3 Empty Re: Broadway storage

Post by Quilter Mon May 16, 2016 6:59 pm

I was doing a quick, illicit  peek at my computer when I should have been busy elsewhere so didn't read your post properly so not blameless . 

Hope you got AOL sorted. My father in law used to reckon two blood pressure tablets per transaction.
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Libraryman2 Tue May 17, 2016 2:04 pm

Libraryman2 wrote:I've shot a couple of emails off, I'll feedback if I get any joy..

Ray

I have recieved a nice reply back from JHcaravans say that they do indeed still produce the storage boxes, they are bespoke and designed for the individual vehicle.

mailto:jimhacking@jhcaravan.com

This is a link for info!

Ray
Libraryman2
Libraryman2

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Corinium FB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Tue May 17, 2016 2:16 pm

Thank you Ray. 

I've just been looking at some forum reviews of Genie boxes- favourable- but they do mention that they are made of sheet steel which must increase the weight over that of the aluminium ones of our old Beeny boxes ( which, incidentally were also all bespoke and made on the day, as well as having 2 locks...see JH ad. )

Do you actually know that you are going to need extra space for storage ? The Broadway EK is quite well endowed.
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Libraryman2 Tue May 17, 2016 2:37 pm

The email I received suggested that they are a galvanised steel frame, bolted to the chassis with aluminium construction for the drawer.

If I'm honest, I really do not know yet if I need more storage or not...I'm hoping for delivery on or before the 1st June...
Once I get the vehicle I will look at what I need with an eye on these posts and the good advice therein...

Ray
Libraryman2
Libraryman2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Tue May 17, 2016 2:46 pm

When you are thinking of where to put things Ray, be aware that the underbed space on the driver's side ( the one with the battery in ) can get quite hot when you have the heating on. If you have the winter pack fitted then there is an extra duct and outlet in that locker as well as the heater in the wardrobe alongside.

Lovely for bedclothes, possibly not much good for astronomical photography equipment - ? No good for wine either we discovered the hard way.
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Libraryman2 Tue May 17, 2016 2:58 pm

That's useful advise, the wife will be well pleased, yes it has the winter pack fitted...it's a funny thing with the option pack.....it is installed as default, you have to actually reject it pre build if you do not require it, does it still count as an option...I don't know!
As it happens, the wife has handed the passenger side bench storage over to me....good of her!...ill remember to leave a little space for the wine..up!
Libraryman2
Libraryman2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Tue May 17, 2016 3:31 pm

Libraryman2 wrote:

If I'm honest, I really do not know yet if I need more storage or not...I'm hoping for delivery on or before the 1st June...
Once I get the vehicle I will look at what I need with an eye on these posts and the good advice therein...

Ray

I recall worrying about this issue before delivery of our Nuevo. Indeed, I asked Members of the Forum who owned a Nuevo to tell me where they stored things - and (predictably) I had an overwhelming and helpful response.

But, standing back for a moment, it's vital to remember that every motorhome is a compromise. Big ones can carry a lot, but may be too long or too big for the owner's constraints; small ones are easy to park, cheaper to run, but cannot carry the "essentials" that one thinks one needs.

Eventually every owners works out a modus vivendi suitable for their unique circumstances.

I'd caution about adding another under-skirt storage before you've lived with the van for a year. You don't want to use up some payload capacity on metalwork if it's not really needed. Take your time, and enjoy!

(Thinking that members of my family might borrow our Nuevo, I produced a 2-page A to Z of where items were stored. Although generating hilarity with the rest of the clan, I thought it was a brilliant idea, Until, of course, after various trips I began to re-position items: don't keep heavy stuff in skirt locker becuase it might distort; don't keep deckchairs under N/S bed as it's a pain to remove them; and so on. And after every re-location, I had to edit the A-Z! Moral: let it evovle!).

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Tue May 17, 2016 3:43 pm

If you have, or are about to get, folding outdoor chairs then another point to note, which we did not, is that the two bench seat lockers are not exactly equal in width. Not a lot of difference but enough that only one of our faithful Lafumas will go under the bed,  on the passenger side. Since it was a faff to position even that we abandoned storing them under the beds and now carry them upright, behind the cab seats, strapped to the cab seats with luggage straps to stop them falling sideways.

Behind the passenger's seat there is enough space for one chair, one folding occasional table and a folding plastic step cum footstool. After removing the sticking out plastic vent behind the driver's seat  ( see another thread) we can now carry the other chair, plus other odds, in that space. 

At night on Aires they either stay where they are or are propped up against the dashboard behind the swivelled seats. On campsites they go under the van in a bin bag.
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Libraryman2 Tue May 17, 2016 4:46 pm

It's great this......we have agonised over the Lafumas...will they won't they

And then the answer comes up...brill....
Libraryman2
Libraryman2

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3