The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broadway storage: what do you keep in yours ?

3 posters

Go down

Broadway storage: what do you keep in yours ? Empty Broadway storage: what do you keep in yours ?

Post by Quilter Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:24 pm

In our Broadway EK LP TB, as you come in the hab door, on your left there is a drop in storage bin/shelf on the side of the fridge unit.  Out of interest, what do you use it for in your van ?

Our use of it is still evolving. It has held shower shoes and outdoor shoes as well as a dustpan and brush and small sweeping brush. Tonight I discovered that 5 wine bottles would fit neatly in one half of it and it looks like that might be the next incarnation, with shoes in a narrow basket between it and the door well.

I'm always interested ( nosy ? ) about how others use space in their vans as it gives me ideas for better use of ours.

Q
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Broadway storage: what do you keep in yours ? Empty Re: Broadway storage: what do you keep in yours ?

Post by Pete Taylor Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:13 pm

Same set-up on the Stanton. At first I had my on-site flip-flops in there plus a walking pole; then I discovered that the useless bin on the Hartal door would hold the flip-flops better. Tried a golf umbrella but that was too long; wine bottles would not quite fit but 2ltr water bottles would, with a bit of a squeeze. Tried to fashion some sort of bin-bag holder but gave up (bin bag now hangs from the awning winder, which is clipped adjacent to the door.

I wonder what A-S had in mind? confused3

Pete.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Pete Taylor
Pete Taylor
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Stanton.

Back to top Go down

Broadway storage: what do you keep in yours ? Empty Re: Broadway storage: what do you keep in yours ?

Post by artheytrate Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:02 pm

Our Broadway EB is a different design to yours quilter, and when we went to Benidorm last Easter for the first time in our new motorhome we loaded the shower with awning, storage boxes etc. We stacked our foldable chairs behind the front seats and all the bedding under the passenger side settee and we set off. Travelling through France to Spain we couldn't use the shower as we had that much stuff stashed in there. We couldn't make the single beds up for quickness at night because of chairs stacked behind the seats, and we felt very untidy on the van. So when we returned I bought a Lider galvanised trailer with lockable abs lid, we travelled down to Benidorm again before Christmas and this time with wife's mobility scooter and a folding electric bike for me all in the trailer, we were able to make single beds up at night for quickness, and also able to use shower on the way down but the best was a nice neat and tidy van.

John.
artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:52 am

Apologies both...we're on a shaky WiFi link so difficult to reply.

We like the bin Pete but we do notice how it divides people. I suspect that the Stanton door bin must be fractionally narrower than ours as we can get bottles in.

John, we're quite sparse campers and can get what we want in without a trailer - which we couldn't store at home - but one thing you might like to consider, which frees up your under bed locker is this. I made loose covers ( think wrapping each bench cushion as a parcel and securing with strong press studs approach ) and, at the same time, two long bolsters. The duvets we use on the two single benches are rolled lengthways into the bolsters and  fit exactly along the back of the bench seats.This gets rid of the duvets and makes the seats more comfortable in your back. Our pillows are all cushions in bought cushion covers. We have memory foam mattresses each ( Argos double cut in half in an old sheet sleeping bag) and these are permanently on the bench, under the loose cover. The only thing we need to find storage for is 2 single fitted sheets which go over the bench bottom at night.

Q
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Taylor Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:53 pm

I believe that I may be suffering from Jaytee syndrome- whereby one says that one either has, or has not, got something on a Mercedes, when in actual fact one has not, or has.  Whistle1 

I clearly stated above that a wine bottle will not fit into the bin by the door of a Stanton... doh! A still wine bottle will fit in but a sparkling wine bottle will not.

Obviously, as I live in a part of the country where we use 1962 Dom Perignon just to brush our teeth and wash the cat, I was not aware that plonk containers were slightly smaller in diameter. I will now buy cases of wine of different types, by way of an experiment, to see which fit best. allthumbz

Pete.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Pete Taylor
Pete Taylor
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Stanton.

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:04 pm

Buying your wine to fit the storage lends a whole new meaning to being discriminating about what you drink...

We have rather gone off wine storage in this place after. It gets a lot of sun sometimes when the door is open and we have just had to pour away a quite pricey bottle of red which had gone off.Might have been off anyway but I can' t think the sun helped.

Q
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down