The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pollensa

4 posters

Go down

Pollensa Empty Pollensa

Post by Wayne B Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:55 pm

Hi all,
I was about to arrange to view a 2006 Pollensa on a 2.4Transit at BCS Manchester, only to discover it has been sold. Anyway, the end kitchen and 5 berth layout suit me and I want to stay under 6 metres length. Is the overcab bed comfortable/large/sufficient headroom for an adult - I am 6' tall. Any problems I should be looking out for, or other models. I traveled from South Wales to a dealer near Halifax recently to view an "excellent" Nuevo only to find 70% damp around the cab roof light -  I was not happy!
Wayne B
Wayne B

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Pollensa Empty Re: Pollensa

Post by gemdeco Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:30 pm

Hi Wayne
    I looked for a late Pollensa for about 6 months,I think the Transit base is best(no offence to other owners).The interior is the same from 2004 onwards,and they have better blinds and a stainless steel sink unit they are in my view getting a little dated,the trim around the push buttons on the top lockers can wear,In the bathroom check for splits in the plastic vanity unit next to the door frame about half way up.We looked at one and the floor was starting to delaminate so take the carpet up I would go for late one with the six speed gearbox and if possible air con they do command a high price at dealers,A nice alternative if you can find one is a Gemini Orian same vehicle different interior trim,Do check equipment levels as they seem to vary and also engine output,question what did I buy in the end  a Mercedes Autosleeper Surrey way over budget but at good price same layout just slightly longer and the wife loved it
    regards
     Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Member Age : 73
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayne B Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:09 pm

Thanks Alan, That is very helpful. I have printed your reply out and put it aside for future reference.
Wayne B
Wayne B

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Motorhomers Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:27 am

Hi Wayne

Not sure if you are interested in this.

Spinney Motorhomes in Knutsford have got a 2003 Pollensa for sale, but it is on a Peugeot.
We were there last week, changing out Cotswold for a Broadway.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Regards
Pauline & Pete
Happy Motorhomers

Female

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper : Cotswold EB
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Chocolate Daisy Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:17 pm

Hi,
We have a pollensa transit base, we bought it last years and are very happy with it . We love the layout, but the over cab bed is more for a child I would say, we use it for storage as there are only two of us. We find the MH is roomy enough for us. Parking is easy in most car parks as the size is good.
Wayne B wrote:Hi all,
I was about to arrange to view a 2006 Pollensa on a 2.4Transit at BCS Manchester, only to discover it has been sold. Anyway, the end kitchen and 5 berth layout suit me and I want to stay under 6 metres length. Is the overcab bed comfortable/large/sufficient headroom for an adult - I am 6' tall. Any problems I should be looking out for, or other models. I traveled from South Wales to a dealer near Halifax recently to view an "excellent" Nuevo only to find 70% damp around the cab roof light -  I was not happy!
Chocolate Daisy
Chocolate Daisy

Female

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down