The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autosleeper Pollensa Help

+2
RobV
Jazzyeric
6 posters

Go down

Autosleeper Pollensa Help Empty Autosleeper Pollensa Help

Post by Jazzyeric Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:28 pm

I am going to look over a Autosleeper Pollensa which a relative is thinking of buying.
I would appreciate any information on what to look out for particular to the Pollensa.
It's a 2002 model on a Ford transit
Do they suffer with water ingress ?
What's the Transit cab like ?

etc

Any info would be much appreciated
Jazzyeric
Jazzyeric

Female

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Talisman

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Pollensa Help Empty Pollensa

Post by RobV Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:36 pm

I have had a 2002 Pollensa for 5 years now. The only water ingress was from a badly sealed Heki roof light. The tell-tale signs were water stains on the blackout blind. I resealed it myself no problems since then. Cab is OK, only one arm rest on the seats though. Good payload at more than 700kg.
RobV
RobV

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Pollensa Help Empty Pollensa

Post by Jazzyeric Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:22 pm

Thanks for that Robv... comments appreciated

How do you (or anyone else) rate the Pollensa ?
Jazzyeric
Jazzyeric

Female

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Talisman

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Pollensa Help Empty Re: Autosleeper Pollensa Help

Post by annetweddell Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:58 pm

Jazzyeric wrote:Thanks for that Robv... comments appreciated

How do you (or anyone else) rate the Pollensa ?

Hi
I am a very new Pollensa owner, having upsized from Mazda Bongo. We've done just over 1000 miles in it in the 6 weeks or so we've had it & been up to the Lakes twice & Peak District several times.
It is a very comfortable van with lots of interior space. The storage is capacious & the cooker is better than many might have at home. Fridge also.The beds make up as either a huge double, which is what we do, or a narrow single & a wide single. We sleep with our feet to the front of the van but the bed space behind the driver's seat is quite short - fine for me at 5'3, but I think taller people might feel cramped. OK on the other side. We use the above cab space for storage of bedding.
The bathroom is a thing of wonder (think porta potti in Bongo) but don't try and wash your face in the sink!

It is big - a tad over 6m and therefore needs a bit of forethought when it comes to manoevering. I can reverse it onto the drive & am ok in supermarket carparks but not keen on parallel parking. Driving it is no problem & other half has a heavy right foot so goes 70 on motorway. So far we think we're getting about 26mpg.
It's the 2.4 turbo diesel & copes well with hills, although you have to keep the revs up. Think white van man and you'll probably get a feeling for the cab & the drive. I'd describe it as no frills workhorse and it IS odd that you only get the one arm rest on the cab seats. The hand brake is a little low, but not uncomfortably so. There are an inordinate number of cup holder things in the cab, another curiosity.

Our plans for it are to use it for long journeys to Europe and back,so the storage a payload are a factor & also we climb & mountain bike so it will be base camp for those activities. So far the heater has been wonderful at warming that quite large interior & the water heater also brill. We've fitted an underslung LPG tank instead of gas bottles & also have a big solar panel.

Overall impression so far is that it is a quality van, well built that should adequately serve our needs. It's not flashy or sophisticated & possibly is a bit old fashioned, but it is a good layout. Initially I was thinking of a van conversion but this model has SO much more storage space & lounging is great. Sometimes I just sit in it on the drive....

Hope this helps

Anne
annetweddell
annetweddell

Auto-Sleeper : pollensa

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony F Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:53 pm

We owned a 2000 Pollensa on a Peugeot Boxer base with a 2.5L TD for a little over a year. We couldn't fault it, but decided we'd prefer two side settees rather than the settee/dinette layout, so switched to a 2006 Windsor. The Pollensa felt much better constructed (though the washroom cupboard doors were - erm - flimsy); it had a nice solid feel, excellent upholstery (more comfortable than the Windsor) and drove very well, though the turbo did whine rather a lot. Strangely ours had two armrests on the cab seats, but they didn't swivel. Assuming the layout suits, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Pollensa

Tony

Tony F
Tony F

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Windsor on Mk 6

Back to top Go down

Post by andygump Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:38 am

Hi

Our Executive has two armrests per seat, but I read somewhere, that they only fit one per seat(inboard ones) because of H&S ( ease of rescue in the case of accidents).

Don't know if this was just an old wives tale or not shrugg

Andy smile!
andygump

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Topaz
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down

Post by nowtelse2do Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:55 pm

I have a 1999 T reg Pollensa on a Ford Transit 2.5D Turbo bought 2nd hand in 2009, can only echo above statements. One problem I did find was when I slept in the pod I found the mattress to thin, it was very uncomfortable, it would benefit with some memory foam, normally the pod is for storage.
Besides the normal odd weeks away and plenty of weekends, we have done two big tours on mainland Europe. 1st was 7 countries and 4000 miles, 2nd was 5 countries and 3000 miles. We are over too Ireland in August for about three weeks and looking forward to it, have never been there.
It's a good all-rounder, with few penalties.

Dave
nowtelse2do
nowtelse2do

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 1999 Pollensa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzyeric Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:27 pm

Hi

Thanks to all the replies... much appreciated

My relative purchased the Pollensa & everything seems fine

Thanks again