The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fresh Water Level Indicator Not Working

+28
Driftwood6
cyclo
Nuevo
JDS
groundhog
tcc
The Duke
Jaytee
bazil
micknhilary
Dutto
Clarina
artheytrate
-mojo-
Steve Cheetham
mikethebike
DeeGee7
Backtrax
Alpaca
inspiredron
skyrakes
ajrm
Sparky7
dandywarhol
Peter Brown
Paulmold
roli
Mutleysdad
32 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Fresh Water Level Indicator Not Working - Page 4 Empty Re: Fresh Water Level Indicator Not Working

Post by Jaytee Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:07 pm

Yes, have to agree you did look 'reasonably' clean lol4 and yes, why do we use so much water confused3

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Fresh Water Level Indicator Not Working - Page 4 Empty Re: Fresh Water Level Indicator Not Working

Post by Billy Ruffian Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:15 pm

Does this suggest that the cause of the furring up is a very small but continuous flow of electricity through the studs?   

Maybe Sargent could be persuaded to change the method of sensing so that there is no electrical flow until the user wants to know the water level and then simply presses a button...
Billy Ruffian
Billy Ruffian
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo 2 ES
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:49 am

"Hard water is water that contains a higher concentration of dissolved minerals like calcium and magnesium. When the water evaporates, it leaves behind calcium carbonate deposits. These limescale deposits therefore build up on any surfaces that hard water is in contact with and can accumulate quickly."

The furring is not caused by an electrical current.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by safariboy Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:37 am

Has anyone tried one of these?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The basic principle seems much sounder
safariboy
safariboy

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by weepop Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:07 pm

I have just had problems with both fresh and waste  tank indicators and on advice from my dealer I tried to cure by descaling. It did not work but after reading this post and from that understanding how the system works I have cured the problem.
      I was getting false positive readings ie showing more water in tank , not false negative readings ie less water.
Descaling can cure false negative readings by cleaning the sensor studs but to cure false positive readings I simply sprayed the area where studs are mounted outside the tank with WD40.
  The system is very sensitive and works on very little electrical flow. This means if the area around the sensor studs is not spotless then enough current will leak between them giving false readings, especially if vehicle is driven on salt gritted roads.

Hope this helps others .
weepop
weepop

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2020

Jaytee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:22 pm

On the advice of others I have coated the outside of my sensor studs with silicon sealant.  No false readings yet but early days.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Peter Brown likes this post

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4