The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motorhome and Caravan Summer Fair Show

Go down

Motorhome and Caravan Summer Fair Show Empty Motorhome and Caravan Summer Fair Show

Post by Paulmold Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:36 pm

Well we've just attended the first Summer show held at West Midlands Showground at Shrewsbury put on by Event Management (the company that puts on the Newark shows in Spring and Autumn) and what a great show it's been. Although a lot smaller than other shows, the organisation has been first class, good sized pitches all individually white-lined, plenty of elsan points and water taps, toilets etc. Many of the regular traders were in attendance but I don't think they have had that many visitors which is a pity because it could put them off attending again if the show is repeated, which I certainly hope it is.
We had open-air entertainment on both Friday and saturday nights with Country Music act 'Gary Perkins and the Breeze' on Friday and a 'Last Night of the Proms' evening by 'Shrewsbury Light Orchestrta' on Saturday culminating in a firework finale. Unfortunately Friday evening was rather chilly which perhaps put off a lot of people but for those that braved it, it was a great nights entertainment. Saturday evening was much better and a really good crowd attended, some entering into the spirit with picnics and a really good night was had by all. Weather over the whole weekend was great which made it even better. The showground is right on the river and a shuttle water taxi was laid on so we could go and look round the lovely town of Shrewsbury.
I really do hope this show will be repeated next year.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Motorhome and Caravan Summer Fair Show Empty Re: Motorhome and Caravan Summer Fair Show

Post by Paulmold Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:35 pm

I emailed Event Developments to express my thanks for the show and hoped it would be repeated next year and I'm happy to say that they replied to say they have booked the site again for next year, so one for your diaries, don't know exact date but I presume it would be around the same weekend.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down