The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo es classic 2008

5 posters

Go down

Nuevo es classic 2008 Empty Nuevo es classic 2008

Post by Corkhead Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:07 am

Hi can any one tell me if walking on the roof is ok.just changed vans from duetto to 08 nuevo classic es. Very pleased with it but never had a coachbuilt before , I noticed the cleaning of the roof had been neglected,it hasn't got a ladder so not sure if it would take my weight for cleaning any advise ?. Brian
Corkhead
Corkhead

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo classic

Back to top Go down

Nuevo es classic 2008 Empty Re: Nuevo es classic 2008

Post by AlanT Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:18 am

Yes, I have the same issue having recently taken ownership of a 2008 Sigma which is the same as the Nuevo but a little longer, so all advice welcomed. biggrin
I expect to have lots of newbie queries, but the weather's been so * Inappropriate Word * since February and we haven't yet ventured out!
AlanT
AlanT
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Sigma EK

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:48 am

AS state in the handbooks that the maximum load on the roof should not exceed 75 kg with a maximum point load of 8kg per sq ft. Completely by co-incidence, I weigh 75kg and have been careful but comfortable on the roofs of my Inca, Wilton and Malvern. I've also been on other coachbuilt roofs with no problem.

Peter
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Nuevo es classic 2008 Empty Re-Nuevo es classic 2008

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:02 pm

I purchased a wheeled podium to gain the height required to wash the roof on my 59 Symbol, since then I have exchanged my van to a 09 Nuevo es, the height on my poduim is to low to get to the roof area inside the fins.
I have got around this by opening up the Heki111 roof vent, standing on a set of step ladders and mopping the external roof area with a strong solution of Fenwicks cleaner, I find I can clean all the areas from this position without going onto the roof.
I can clean around the vent hinges with a large flat paint brush and the rear roof area via the podium.
I wouldn't go up on my van roof as I exceed the weight limits. I rinse the roof down from the outside with the vents shut.
Some members use ladders up the the side or portable metal towers.

Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Nuevo es classic 2008 Empty Roof walking on nuevo es

Post by Corkhead Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:45 pm

Thanks for the replies about roof walking looks like my wife will be volunteering . Brian
Corkhead
Corkhead

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo classic

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:15 pm

Brian.... I'm no lightweight and I've been up on our roof a number of times with no ill effects, the roof has large areas that are reinforced but I would still stay well away from the areas around the Heki roof lights... As Boaby says you can reach a good bit of the roof area from the large centre Heki off a pair of steps from inside.... Just wish the over cab area was within easy reach as I've not safely worked out an easy method of reaching this unless the Heki light can be removed by undoing the hinge screws? so you can lean forward and reach it.

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down