The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo bed set up

5 posters

Go down

Nuevo bed set up Empty Nuevo bed set up

Post by HCAFC Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:43 pm

Hi[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Can anyone tell me if the side cushions on a 2004 Nuevo had "fold down flaps" ( can't think what else to call them).
The bed has 2 slide out 'arms' at each end of the nearside settee that takes the side cushions which have hinged "flaps" that I cannot quite figure out what they are for.
HCAFC
HCAFC

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Nuevo bed set up Empty Re: Nuevo bed set up

Post by Paulmold Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:58 pm

The angled ones are to provide a rake to the back to give a more comfortable sitting position . The rectangular ones should hinge at one end to provide a support leg in the centre.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by HCAFC Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:51 pm

Thanks Paul. The centre ones made sense but couldn't figure out the angled ones so thanks so much for solving this for me. I thought they maybe all were bed related  didn't think about them being for sitting !! D'oh !
HCAFC
HCAFC

Male

Back to top Go down

Nuevo bed set up Empty Bed modification on Nuevo Classic 2010

Post by Martin Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm

I had a similar set up on my previous Nuevo. Setting up the bed and  putting it away was strenuous and sometimes awkward.

I modified it somewhat:

I unscrewed the « flappy down » things.
Unzipped the covers and removed the wooden backing from each of the side cushions.
I then opened a small section of the sliding base upholstery on the rear edge of the seat.
I then put two hinges which connected the wooden seat back to the rear of the sliding base.

To put the bed out:  slide the base section and the seat rear section lowers with it - very easy no lifting heavy seat backs.
To put bed away: simply pull up the rear of each seat using the tapes which I attached to their tops and slide the seat base back into place as you pull up the backs.

Keeping the bedding in the locker above the cab seats makes the whole operation much simpler.

Yes I agree that accessing the base storage requires the whole seat base to be pull forward and then reach it from behind and / or restricted access when lifting the base as before. However avoiding back breaking manipulation of the heavy seatbacks at bedtime was far preferable.
During day time operation you have several positions of adjustment for the « rake » of the seat backs rather than the single option provided by the « flappy things »
Martin
Martin

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Classic EK
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by zebede4500 Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:05 am

The two angled 'flaps' are for when used as a seat back to give a more comfortable rake to the seat back, rather than a vertical one. They are not related to the bed function in any way.
We keep one seat back with the small table always in place, and the seat back vertical against the side. The other side is kept as a settee with the back cushion raked for comfort.
Works for us, other configurations are available.
Keep safe
zebede4500
zebede4500

Male

Member Age : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhysandmel Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:35 pm

Hi HCAFC, I agree with previous comments. The triangular flaps are to give the seats a "rake"....we never use them we prefer them upright!!
Rhysandmel
Rhysandmel

Male

Member Age : 84
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by HCAFC Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:38 pm

Thanks for the replies. I'm loving our Nuevo so this just makes another little 'extra' that makes it even better.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
HCAFC
HCAFC

Male

Back to top Go down