The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why buy an Auto-sleeper?

+16
Uncle Albert
Paulmold
DuxDeluxe
dandywarhol
groundhog
Robbie
Nuevo
Cymro
Peter Brown
fluffles
boxerman
burlingtonboaby
modelman
whisky
CC
Aspenshaw
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why buy an Auto-sleeper? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why buy an Auto-sleeper?

Post by DuxDeluxe Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:00 pm

Sounds like me 30 odd years ago............ snigger

Seriously - a good combination and what I will be looking for next time around

DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down

Post by dandywarhol Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:01 am

Paulmold wrote:Just a comment on viewing Autosleepers. If you've got the time the entire range can be viewed in one place - no need to go to several dealers who may have one or two to see. Motorplus of Derby are now a 'centre of excellence' for AS. The entire range can be viewed there so you can make true comparisons between models.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Doncha just love that expression "centre of excellence"? We once had an job description for a new Principal to "go beyond excellence" Is that possible??? She certainly thinks it is - what would you call that then....................."Centre of super-excellence"????

It really is your opinion, isn't it..............................

Last edited by whisky on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rudeness Complaint.)

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Ex Clubman Anniversa
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by Motor Plus Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:01 am

Sorry you feel that way dandywarhol but as a response for the question, why an Auto Sleeper?, as people have said it's all about your personnel choice as we all want different things for different reasons. You would be going from a continental layout to a british one totally different but very practical.

I hope you find what you are looking for in a motorhome, enjoy the challenge you will get there in the end.

Mark

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper : Auto-Sleepers Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post by dandywarhol Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:39 am

Motor Plus wrote:Sorry you feel that way dandywarhol but as a response for the question, why an Auto Sleeper?, as people have said it's all about your personnel choice as we all want different things for different reasons. You would be going from a continental layout to a british one totally different but very practical.

I hope you find what you are looking for in a motorhome, enjoy the challenge you will get there in the end.

Mark

I think it's an overused term with little meaning Mark. What does it actually mean and how is it measured?

In Scotland's heavily axed Education system we have a Curriculum for Excellence. With vastly depleted resourses, overcrowded classrooms, reduced peer/management support then the "Excellence" part cannot be achieved - but then again, how is it being measured?

I really don't think that people will flock to an establishment just because it is a Centre for Excellence - people do their homework and make their own valued judgement on the teatment they have recieved.

Anyway - good point about the "British" and "Continental" designs differences and people's expectations up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Motor Plus Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:50 pm

dandywarhol, I understand what you are saying and by no means are we putting ourselves above anyone else. We have taken the 'Excellence' from the Auto Sleeper tag line, 'Motorhomes of Excellence' which was widely used by Auto Sleeper. As a dealer we have taken the step to be a one franchise dealer, Auto Sleeper which is not a common thing within this industry.

Along with Auto Sleeper we are trying to raise the quality and standards that we believe Auto Sleeper owners deserve and by concentrating on one thing we know we can deliver that level of service. I am sure that people won't come to us because of what we are called, but as you say because of what we do and achieve.

I guess time will tell and I have enjoyed our chat which has given us another opinion but that's what Forums are all about.

Can I apologise as I am new to the Forum and I don't know by saying the above if I am over stepping the mark. I am enjoying the Forum though and you know what, the things you learn even as a dealer! smile!

Mark.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by modelman Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:09 pm

Ok guys, i'll stick my oar in now, I don't think its the COMPANY, or even the manufacturers that achieves reputations (good or bad )

but the PEOPLE who you deal with & what they do about it, I know of a couple of 'great' companies who had very good reputations, then, the

quality/service went pear-shaped, it turned out that both had a change of service managers!!

Only yesterday our carpet cleaner's brushes stopped working, I thought I'd have a quick look, looked a bit too complex for me to tackle, springs, levers,

pipes etc. so I took it to a local domestic-appliance repairer, he took one look & said' the gearbox has had it, you'll need a new one, be cheaper to buy

a new cleaner, now this was a pricey bit of kit, so I thought I'd have another look, nothing to lose smile!

A bit later, with bits all over the table, I got to the gearbox, seized solid, took it to bits, turns out its a 'turbine' & the bearings were solid, freed them off,
back together & it works again like new smile!

And this guy I took it to also has a 'good' reputation, yeh right, I wonder sometimes if they can't be bothered or worse still DON'T KNOW how to repair stuff.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:17 pm

I was a visitor in various 'shops' and on the production line of AS last Friday - all of the people were happy, cheerful, communicative and helpful.......say no more for how things are now.

Peter
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Why buy an Auto-sleeper? - Page 2 Empty Re-Why buy an Autosleeper

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:39 pm

Hi Mark (Motorhome plus)
New motorhome prices are well out of reach to majority of people these days and with 20% VAT on top is a killer to most budgets.
What can you offer the public who are looking for a good deal on a used motorhome, when your looking at part exchanges, will you be sticking to the " book price valuations" or offering a price on the condition of the motorhome.

regards Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by dandywarhol Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:49 pm

Motor Plus wrote:dandywarhol, I understand what you are saying and by no means are we putting ourselves above anyone else. We have taken the 'Excellence' from the Auto Sleeper tag line, 'Motorhomes of Excellence' which was widely used by Auto Sleeper. As a dealer we have taken the step to be a one franchise dealer, Auto Sleeper which is not a common thing within this industry.

Along with Auto Sleeper we are trying to raise the quality and standards that we believe Auto Sleeper owners deserve and by concentrating on one thing we know we can deliver that level of service. I am sure that people won't come to us because of what we are called, but as you say because of what we do and achieve.

I guess time will tell and I have enjoyed our chat which has given us another opinion but that's what Forums are all about.

Can I apologise as I am new to the Forum and I don't know by saying the above if I am over stepping the mark. I am enjoying the Forum though and you know what, the things you learn even as a dealer! smile!

Mark.

Good to communicate Mark. Wishing you the best of "British" in your venture smile!

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by whisky Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:41 pm

Hi Mark.

I for one value your input and opinions in the forum.

That does not mean I will agree with every thing. Personal opinion and what have you.

But so far so good. Nice to have you aboard.

Cheers. Whisky. champagne

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by dandywarhol Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:52 pm

dandywarhol wrote:
Motor Plus wrote:Sorry you feel that way dandywarhol but as a response for the question, why an Auto Sleeper?, as people have said it's all about your personnel choice as we all want different things for different reasons. You would be going from a continental layout to a british one totally different but very practical.

Mark

I think it's an overused term with little meaning Mark. What does it actually mean and how is it measured?

In Scotland's heavily axed Education system we have a Curriculum for Excellence. With vastly depleted resourses, overcrowded classrooms, reduced peer/management support then the "Excellence" part cannot be achieved - but then again, how is it being measured?

I really don't think that people will flock to an establishment just because it is a Centre for Excellence - people do their homework and make their own valued judgement on the teatment they have recieved.

Anyway - good point about the "British" and "Continental" designs differences and people's expectations up!

So much for being in edukashun - I've just read how many spelling errors I made!!
I'm blaming the smart phone.............

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuevo Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:10 pm

Motor Plus wrote:Along with Auto Sleeper we are trying to raise the quality and standards that we believe Auto Sleeper owners deserve and by concentrating on one thing we know we can deliver that level of service. I am sure that people won't come to us because of what we are called, but as you say because of what we do and achieve.

Mark.

I wont knock any dealer who tries to raise the standard. the comments from Mark on the forum are very welcoming in that working with AutoSleepers they can provide a service that us owners look for. My experience of some of the other dealers is that they could do much more! Lets hope motor plus offer an alternative service that's superior to what others offer and as a result the other dealers will have to raise their standards.

Dave beer-drinking-smiley

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Motor Plus Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:01 pm

Hi Boaby, sorry I haven't responded before now been a bit busy. The question is easy for me to answer, I'm just a simple After Sales Manager those kind of decisions are made by people much higher than me known as salespersons snigger Too easy??

Seriously though it's a hard question to answer because all deals are different and one dealers view is different to another. Personally I think there is always a deal to be done it's just got to be right for both sides but if it isn't meant to be and all that. When I buy anything I may look for something different to you in the deal offered but I think I am waffling on a bit now so to sum it up, we will always try our best to give you the deal you are looking for but try this, tell us what you want. (Hope my Sales Director doesn't read this! innocent )

Thanks to the rest of you for the warm welcome, it's appreciated allthumbz

Male

Back to top Go down

Why buy an Auto-sleeper? - Page 2 Empty Re-Why buy an Autosleeper

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:23 am

Hi Mark
Thanks for your reply up!
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by tony50 Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:14 am

In my experience all motorhome build quality are never faultless we have had A classes coach-builts , none fault free, damp issues in every one, met one Hymer  Owner I met had damp issues, perhaps being a ex garage owner makes me too fussy, car quality is far better. 3 points I would point out 1.Hymer build quality is better than Auto Sleeper, 2. You will probably have damp issues due to wood frame, 3. Now no 160 bhp available ,but I am seeing if Fiat will honour existing orders,. In saying all this I have ordered (Feb. 22)a new Broad way, my arrive next year !!!
tony50
tony50

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:23 am

First time I've seen nine years between posts in one thread.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB

Back to top Go down

Post by tony50 Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:44 am

Peter Brown wrote:First time I've seen nine years between posts in one thread.
Didn't realize, but there you are always a first you have probably spotted, there again this website doesn't seem to get much use
tony50
tony50

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kdc Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:02 am

tony50 wrote:
Peter Brown wrote:First time I've seen nine years between posts in one thread.
Didn't realize, but there you are always a first you have probably spotted, there again this website doesn't seem to get much use

Disagree forum doesn’t get used much….far from it.  64 posts in 9 years does support that belief but don’t think that is common.
Kdc
Kdc
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:13 am

Not used much! 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Our users have posted a total of 347767 messages
We have 12278 registered users

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Kdc likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffee Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:57 pm

Relating to new motorhomes and quality, from what I read a lot of warranty work related to equipment purchased and installed by autosleeper that is also used by other motorhome manufacturers. So those items must also be source of warranty claims on “Other” motorhomes.
I bought my autosleeper van conversion because it had proper glass in it and not caravan windows, tightly or wrongly that set it apart from other makes for me. However if I replace it I might be driven to look at other makes due to cost.
Toffee

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper : Fairford

Back to top Go down

Post by tony50 Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:55 am

groundhog wrote:So my Worcester is about as good as it gets then, German underneath and British on the top.... scratch head  
Lovely Mercs but , watch out for rust, my son worked at a Merc main dealer and he said they rust more than they use too lots of warranty claims, I love the Merc had a couple with I'd never sold last one , cannot justify the extra cash over a Fiat and to be honest last Fiat went well
tony50
tony50

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tony50 Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:57 pm

If you order a new Auto-Sleeper don't expect it quickly, I ordered in This February and am now told July 2023, but I think all UK manufacturers are in the same boat , I think Stellantis who owns Fiat don't give a Shot!! or some similar word about the UK Motorhomers , or UK  Manufacturers it's disgusting, I ordered a Volvo car years ago with loads of extras got it within 3 months, this is not a lack of parts it's discrimination, they are supplying the European market before Ex. Brexit UK
tony50
tony50

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2