The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bike rack.

2 posters

Go down

bike rack. Empty bike rack.

Post by doog1948 Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:01 pm

i have hopes of fitting a rack to the two pre fitted bars on the rear of my nuevo. it seems i need a fiamma proc or similar. the intention is not to use the bike rack as designed, but to attach a storage box on the rails. the box and contents would not come near the 50kgs limit. my question is, are the bars already fitted on the rear from new, braced to take the load or will it need more strength ? hoping others have overcome this without drilling and pulling the kitchen out! thanks for any advice. Doug.
doog1948
doog1948

Male

Auto-Sleeper : ek plus nuevo auto
Vehicle Year : 2024

Back to top Go down

bike rack. Empty Re: bike rack.

Post by Caraman Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:58 pm

As far as I am aware they are braced to take the load.  Note - this is what it states in the handbook:
Your vehicle is fitted with the mounting points for a Fiamma Pro-C bike rack as standard. For further details, please consult your dealer or our Service Department. The maximum mass of the rack and cycles combined is 50kg.
The maximum mass used to be 60kg. I can only imagine they have reduced it to 50kg due to stress problems.  My load including the bike rack does not exceed 40kg.  Whatever the load, it will increase the rear axle mass by significantly more due to the Nuevo's long rear overhang and short wheelbase.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

doog1948 likes this post

Back to top Go down

bike rack. Empty Re: bike rack.

Post by doog1948 Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:10 pm

thanks caraman. was hoping that was the case. i don't want to alter things if possible. will weigh box and contents before ordering rack. once again thankyou. Doug
doog1948
doog1948

Male

Auto-Sleeper : ek plus nuevo auto
Vehicle Year : 2024

Back to top Go down