The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Microwave Removel

+2
The Bargee
Norris
6 posters

Go down

Microwave Removel Empty Microwave Removel

Post by Norris Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:53 pm

2019 Corinium Duo

Hello again, how can I get the sensored1 thing out!!! Its in the cupboard above the fridge and there doesn't appear to any fixing holding it in but there is no movement in it at all.
Thanks
Norris
Norris

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Corinium Duo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Microwave Removel Empty Re: Microwave Removel

Post by The Bargee Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:17 pm

I have a different van but same year so the mode of fixing may just be similar. In mine AS have used a piece of matching board, bored at four points ca. 20mm diameter to provide positive locations for the plastic feet under the microwave, and this board is in turn secured on top of the shelf by screws passing up through the shelf from underneath, with the screw heads hidden by those ghastly imitation wood "dots". If yours is similar I'm afraid you might have to remove the fridge to access those screws, but a good look with a torch might reveal all before you do that! If there are two layers of wood on the shelf then that might be a clue. If that is how it is fitted then you have to remove the screws from underneath and then slide the microwave out with the board.
The Bargee
The Bargee

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Libraryman2 Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:16 pm

I have the Corinium fb, yours will be exactly the same, open the microwave door and look for 2 round screw covers, they are sticky back and match the woodwork quite well…remove them and take out the 2 screws…then remove the piece of wood..voila…the microwave comes out.

Ray
Libraryman2
Libraryman2

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Corinium FB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:54 pm

Mine has a couple of screen  located near the glasses rail  screwd up into base of microwave
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:41 am

Have you got the so called extractor fan thing below it? On the Duo you have to remove the fan and there you will find self tapping screws holding the microwave in place.

I do not know your model of van.

Last edited by rgermain on Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling aaain)
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Suppersready Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:35 pm

Libraryman2 wrote:I have the Corinium fb, yours will be exactly the same, open the microwave door and look for 2 round screw covers, they are sticky back and match the woodwork quite well…remove them and take out the 2 screws…then remove the piece of wood..voila…the microwave comes out.

That’s really interesting as mine is exactly as you describe except it still won’t come out, it is still solid and from what I can see is secured to some sort of plate. Same model van and registration year too !

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:11 pm

Suppersready wrote:

That’s really interesting as mine is exactly as you describe except it still won’t come out, it is still solid and from what I can see is secured to some sort of plate. Same model van and registration year too !
In a way that is good to hear, some have come loose and fallen out in transit, causing bad damage!
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Libraryman2 Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:22 pm

Suppersready wrote:

I personally don’t see how anything else can be holding it in because it’s a closed enclosure…i.e no other access except through the microwave removal.
However: I suppose it’s possible that something is holding it in, perhaps in the cupboard above the microwave, there’s access to the top via a vent ??

Having recently spoken to someone else about microwave removal; it was exactly as I described and once that thin piece of wood is removed the microwave slides out.

Ray
Libraryman2
Libraryman2

Male

Suppersready likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Suppersready Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:36 pm

Libraryman2 wrote:
I personally don’t see how anything else can be holding it in because it’s a closed enclosure…i.e no other access except through the microwave removal.
However: I suppose it’s possible that something is holding it in, perhaps in the cupboard above the microwave, there’s access to the top via a vent ??

Having recently spoken to someone else about microwave removal; it was exactly as I described and once that thin piece of wood is removed the microwave slides out.

Ray

It’s possible they changed the installation process at some point during the build year … mine seems to sit on a metal looking plate which I assume is then affixed to the shelf it sits on.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Libraryman2 Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:20 am

But how would you detach the microwave from the metal plate unless you have to push it back in….or detach the plate from the cupboard ?..
I think a phone call to service is the best thing going forward.

Ray
Libraryman2
Libraryman2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Suppersready Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:34 am

Libraryman2 wrote:But how would you detach the microwave from the metal plate unless you have to push it back in….or detach the plate from the cupboard ?..
I think a phone call to service is the best thing going forward.

Ray

I would think fridge removal … then plate is secured from underneath.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Libraryman2 Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:19 pm

Well I respect your opinion, Autosleeper have employed the daftest of ideas; if they have decided to build it that way, who in their right mind would make it so difficult to remove a microwave.

Ray confused3 scratch head
Libraryman2
Libraryman2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Suppersready Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:33 pm

Libraryman2 wrote:Well I respect your opinion, Autosleeper have employed the daftest of ideas; if they have decided to build it that way, who in their right mind would make it so difficult to remove a microwave.

Ray confused3 scratch head

Well you got me thinking ( not always a good idea ! ) so I went back to the van and removed the thin piece of wood from the bottom front of the oven. Peering underneath with a torch there is no metal plate, what I saw before or thought I did I have no idea but the oven remained solid. After giving one really hearty pull it came loose and I can only assume that the rubber feet had stuck to the shelf due to time/heat etc.
So a big thanks very much for prompting my self doubt, I can now see if I can achieve the satellite modification I have wanted to do for a long time  up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Libraryman2 Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:37 pm

Well that’s great news, well done.

Ray
Libraryman2