The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo 2007 Toilet Flush

5 posters

Go down

Nuevo 2007 Toilet Flush Empty Nuevo 2007 Toilet Flush

Post by chris thurland Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:30 pm

Hi everyone,
We have just bought a Nuevo 2 berth. Please can anyone tell me what is supposed to be switched on from the internal habitation touch panel control to enable the toilet flush pump to work. Nothing in the manual to explain this. Currently the toilet flush tank and main water tank are drained down and the cassette is in place. I have checked the 3amp fuse and that’s ok but I would have thought that the pump would make a running noise even without water being present in the tank.
Before I try to access the pump and check the impeller is free to move, “which looks easy from YouTube videos”, I would like to make sure that there is not something I stupidly haven’t switched on.
Would be most grateful for any clues. Thank you.
Best regards,
Chris
chris thurland
chris thurland

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Nuevo 2007 Toilet Flush Empty Re: Nuevo 2007 Toilet Flush

Post by Cymro Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:32 pm

Obviously the 12v system of the van (switched on at the panel) must be on, and the leisure battery must have a decent charge in it. Then the toilet flush pump should whir even if there's no water in the flush reservoir. 

On my van, after the reservoir has been emptied, the pump will not pump water (although it will whir) until the reservoir has been almost filled: putting in a litre or so just won't prime my pump. 

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by chris thurland Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

Thanks for the reply Cymro,

Yes defo had the 12v system on as overhead lights came on in loo and shower room and I could also hear the main fresh water pump operating but no whir sound from flush pump.
Seems like I do need to get at that flush pump and see if I can free it up.

Last edited by chris thurland on Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Word missing)
chris thurland
chris thurland

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:14 pm

As long as the pump motor isn't burned out, just moving the impeller with a small screwdriver will usually get it going.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

frederic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chris thurland Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:23 pm

Thank you Peter,
Will try that for sure.
chris thurland
chris thurland

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by mcalid Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:12 pm

chris thurland wrote:Hi everyone,
We have just bought a Nuevo 2 berth. Please can anyone tell me what is supposed to be switched on from the internal habitation touch panel control to enable the toilet flush pump to work. Nothing in the manual to explain this. Currently the toilet flush tank and main water tank are drained down and the cassette is in place. I have checked the 3amp fuse and that’s ok but I would have thought that the pump would make a running noise even without water being present in the tank.
Before I try to access the pump and check the impeller is free to move, “which looks easy from YouTube videos”, I would like to make sure that there is not something I stupidly haven’t switched on.
Would be most grateful for any clues. Thank you.
Best regards,
Chris
Press the water tap icon on the screen above the habitation door after you have pressed the left hand start button.
mcalid
mcalid
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by chris thurland Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:04 am

Thanks mcalid,
This info confirms I did have the correct habitation system on. It was all so much simpler on the Topaz we had previously. It probably is on the Nuevo. Just a case of familiarisation and getting to use everything. The Autosleeper manual would be better if it took you through the systems in a logical order as being a new owner you worry in the back of your mind that you might damage something by not following and checking how things should run.
chris thurland
chris thurland

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by chris thurland Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:02 pm

Hi folks,

Fixed the toilet flush. Found that the pump had been replaced with a whale pump by previous owners and that had been badly wired in. Real botched job and was not watertight and connections had corroded away. Also the flush unit  looked as if it had never been cleaned, thick black algae inside and vacuum breaker exit to flush pipe broken and hanging by a thread. All flush pipes were also full of algae. I cleaned the flush unit out with Milton fluid and water mix left in overnight. Drained it out next day. Clean as a whistle! I then fitted a new correct after market pump from Comet, a new Thetford vacuum breaker and new flush piping. Sealed my new electric connections with insulating tape and an over-sleeve of heat shrink tubing. Filled up with fresh water and, hey presto it flushed. Been away this weekend in the Nuevo no problems at all.
PS. I will not be using pink fluid in the flush from now on because I have read it encourages algae growth. I’ll just rely on the blue solution in the waste cassette.

Thanks again for helpful replies from members.
chris thurland
chris thurland

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:10 pm

I've found a small drop of bio washing liquid in the flush tank helps keep things clean. I can never understand why some use the pink fluid, marketing maybe?
Some makes of van have the toilet flush connected to the main water tank, obviously this has no additives in it..
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Vehicle Year : 2004

davemarshall and chris thurland like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chris thurland Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:05 pm

Bio washing up liquid, that’s worth knowing. I’ll try that.
Thanks Al
chris thurland
chris thurland

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:12 pm

That's bio laundry liquid, makes things slippery.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:18 pm

Not washing up liquid - Bio clothes washing liquid. Whenever I'm home for a few weeks I 25% fill the cassette with water and bio liquid and that keeps the cassette clean.

Over the last twenty years when camping I've used Elsan or Thetford Blue pouches in the cassette and Elsan double rinse in the flush tank. No unpleasant odours, everything about the toilet clean and fresh and never had black bits BUT my flush tank is always full even when other water is drained for winter as I use the van frequently for days out.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down