The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2009 Neuvo Toilet Flush Tank Filler Hatch

+3
Tinwheeler
PLOUGHLIN
KeithNB
7 posters

Go down

2009 Neuvo Toilet Flush Tank Filler Hatch Empty 2009 Neuvo Toilet Flush Tank Filler Hatch

Post by KeithNB Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:11 pm

Hi,

Searched this site and couldn't get the confirmation I needed and just for my peace of mind, my manual tells me the small hatch about 1 ft above the toilet cassette is the filling point for the toilet flush.
Before I put the 7l in recommended in the handbook, could someone just confirm it is the filler for the toilet flush tank?
I can see a couple of what look like insulated wires running down into it and I don't want to blow up the electrics in a van we just bought.
Just want to make doubly sure.
KeithNB
KeithNB

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

2009 Neuvo Toilet Flush Tank Filler Hatch Empty Re: 2009 Neuvo Toilet Flush Tank Filler Hatch

Post by PLOUGHLIN Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:20 pm

Does the toilet look like this ? If so the filler you mention is the flush tank filler. The wires are probably the flush pump supply.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

KeithNB likes this post

Back to top Go down

2009 Neuvo Toilet Flush Tank Filler Hatch Empty Re: 2009 Neuvo Toilet Flush Tank Filler Hatch

Post by KeithNB Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:44 pm

PLOUGHLIN wrote:Does the toilet look like this ? If so the filler you mention is the flush tank filler. The wires are probably the flush pump supply.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The loo looks exactly like that. I've taken photos of the loo and the hatch, but I can't see how to add them to my post.
KeithNB
KeithNB

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KeithNB Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
KeithNB
KeithNB

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:21 pm

Yes, that is the flush filler inlet.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

KeithNB likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by KeithNB Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:22 pm

Tinwheeler wrote:Yes, that is the flush filler inlet.
Cheers!
KeithNB
KeithNB

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by NickT Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:23 pm

Yes, thats definitely the filler for the toilet flush liquid.

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Orian Gemini
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:33 pm

Yes, you can fill it until you just see water appearing.

By the way, I recommend you do not use the pink fluid advertised as an additive for this as it tends to cause 'black bits' due to a build up of algae.

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:55 pm

rogerblack wrote:pink fluid advertised as an additive for this as it tends to cause 'black bits' due to a build up of algae.

I know this happens as it took a few months to cleanse the tank in the Broadway we acquired last November. I've used Elsan Double Rinse for near twenty years in four vans with no "black bits" I think because the flush tank is always full and it is used a lot - we appreciate the fresh aroma from the bowl. It is possible to just spray the additive (diluted) onto the bowl to get the same effect rather than put it in the tank but, for me, that's another unnecessary operation.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

rogerblack likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:31 pm

Thanks Peter.

It's the Thetford pink stuff that causes the problem, even the new improved formula (Aqua Rinse Plus?) I found to be no better.

I've just ordered some of the Elsan Double Rinse based on your recommendation and will give that a go. 
up!

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RalphHughes Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:02 pm

Yes it's the flush fill and we have the same problem with black bits
I think our van must have been stood for some time before we bought it because there were so many black floaters they were blocking the flush valve switch and keeping the flush running
After many fills and flushes I think I have cleared them
I'll give the aqua rinse + a go to see if that stops the build up recurring
The only other option is to drain down the flush tank and rinse it after every trip so_sad so_sad

RalphHughes

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:19 pm

RalphHughes wrote:Yes it's the flush fill and we have the same problem with black bits
I think our van must have been stood for some time before we bought it because there were so many black floaters they were blocking the flush valve switch and keeping the flush running
The only other option is to drain down the flush tank and rinse it after every trip so_sad so_sad

As well as the toilet flush tank I had the same problem with the grey water tank, black bits breaking off the inside of the tank and blocking the drain pipe. It took a few months to sort that out but not a problem now the van is used regularly and the grey water drained most days.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:58 pm

RalphHughes wrote:Yes it's the flush fill and we have the same problem with black bits

Ralph, see my post above - I found the Aqua Rinse Plus just as bad for forming black bits as the original Aqua Rinse.

You may want to try the Elsan Double Rinse which Peter Brown recommended, that's what I've just ordered.

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:37 pm

rogerblack wrote:

Ralph, see my post above - I found the Aqua Rinse Plus just as bad for forming black bits as the original Aqua Rinse.

You may want to try the Elsan Double Rinse which Peter Brown recommended, that's what I've just ordered.

I have been using the Elsan for a couple of years, and it has gradually cleaned the majority of Thetford's black stuff out of the system.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down