The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo ES II 2011 spare wheel mechanism

2 posters

Go down

Nuevo ES II 2011 spare wheel mechanism Empty Nuevo ES II 2011 spare wheel mechanism

Post by chromachris Mon 07 Aug 2023, 9:58 am

Hi there
Having just acquired a 2011 Nuevo II ES, surprise surprise, the spare wheel carrier mechanism is completely seized up. I am wondering if anyone has managed to source a replacement for this, and could you advise me on fitting, in particular how to get the old mechanism off? Many thanks
chromachris
chromachris

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES II
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Nuevo ES II 2011 spare wheel mechanism Empty Re: Nuevo ES II 2011 spare wheel mechanism

Post by KennyA Tue 08 Aug 2023, 3:38 pm

I have the 2006 model if yours is the same as mine ie suspended underneath and at the rear, i would strongly suggest like i did take your van to somebody like Protyres and get them to raise your van on a lift it will be a lot easier and safer to work on, one of my clamps was seized they managed to remove and service the carriage and inspect the tyre.
KennyA
KennyA

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Nuevo ES II 2011 spare wheel mechanism Empty Re: Nuevo ES II 2011 spare wheel mechanism

Post by chromachris Fri 18 Aug 2023, 8:24 pm

Thanks for the advice. I had this checked whilst having a full service on the van, and they managed to free the mechanism off. Certainly something to be checked on an annual basis going forward!
chromachris
chromachris

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES II
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down