The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rip off Britain ….. Again !!

Go down

Rip off Britain ….. Again !! Empty Rip off Britain ….. Again !!

Post by deckie on Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:40 pm

Rip off Britain ….. Again !!

As we can now (in our dotage smile! ) do more “Out of season” European Camping , thought I would check out the difference between “ACSI” & “Camping Cheque” Pitch fees.

ACSI ……. 12, 14 or 16 Euros per night ……. Paid at the Campsite (at the best exchange rate I can get !!)

Camping Cheque …….. 15 Euros per night, paid up front ……. At GET THIS £13-95 …… Yes that’s 1.075 Euros to the £1-00

Very tough choice ??? ….. I don’t think so

Brian

PS …. Incidentally, if I buy / get them from France its 15 Euros …… But they can get sensored1 now ….. Don’t mess with us OAP’s hugegrins hugegrins

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

Back to top Go down

Rip off Britain ….. Again !! Empty Re: Rip off Britain ….. Again !!

Post by Dutto on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:24 pm

Just remember they are ALL out to rob you!!

Here is a run-down of my 95 years old Mum's finances when I took over five years ago:

o Bank. They had dropped the interest rate on her "Savings Account" from 3% to 0.01%!

o Electric/Gas/Water. They held £1,200 of her money - but we're still putting up the Direct Debits!

o Water. Charging her £15 per quarter to insure the 15m of pipe between the road and her house.

o Insurance. Charging her £512 to insure her house. (Internet same company £195!)

Be warned!

1. There is no such thing as Customer Loyalty.

2. ALWAYS challenge ANY increase in a Direct Debit.

3. Trust NO-ONE!

Rant over. Grrrrrrr!!

drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by eggnog on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:23 pm

Brian

No,it's not E15 a night, it's 14.996225. Sounds like a positive bargain to me! In the context of the LIBOR rate dust-up that's really quite a crude relationship. They were working to nine figures of decimals - minimum.

eggnog. Sir! Get back in the bunker laddy!
eggnog
eggnog

Auto-Sleeper : Talisman

Back to top Go down

Post by deckie on Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:50 pm

eggnog wrote:Brian

No,it's not E15 a night, it's 14.996225. Sounds like a positive bargain to me! In the context of the LIBOR rate dust-up that's really quite a crude relationship. They were working to nine figures of decimals - minimum.

eggnog. Sir! Get back in the bunker laddy!

Sorry Eggnog,

I ran out of fingers hugegrins hugegrins

Brian

PS ....... I wrote this before reading your "Luxembourg" post ...... Strange or what scratch head

Last edited by deckie on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added PS)

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum