The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rip off Britain ….. Again !!

3 posters

Go down

Rip off Britain ….. Again !! Empty Rip off Britain ….. Again !!

Post by deckie Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:40 pm

Rip off Britain ….. Again !!

As we can now (in our dotage smile! ) do more “Out of season” European Camping , thought I would check out the difference between “ACSI” & “Camping Cheque” Pitch fees.

ACSI ……. 12, 14 or 16 Euros per night ……. Paid at the Campsite (at the best exchange rate I can get !!)

Camping Cheque …….. 15 Euros per night, paid up front ……. At GET THIS £13-95 …… Yes that’s 1.075 Euros to the £1-00

Very tough choice ??? ….. I don’t think so

Brian

PS …. Incidentally, if I buy / get them from France its 15 Euros …… But they can get sensored1 now ….. Don’t mess with us OAP’s hugegrins hugegrins

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

Back to top Go down

Rip off Britain ….. Again !! Empty Re: Rip off Britain ….. Again !!

Post by Dutto Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:24 pm

Just remember they are ALL out to rob you!!

Here is a run-down of my 95 years old Mum's finances when I took over five years ago:

o Bank. They had dropped the interest rate on her "Savings Account" from 3% to 0.01%!

o Electric/Gas/Water. They held £1,200 of her money - but we're still putting up the Direct Debits!

o Water. Charging her £15 per quarter to insure the 15m of pipe between the road and her house.

o Insurance. Charging her £512 to insure her house. (Internet same company £195!)

Be warned!

1. There is no such thing as Customer Loyalty.

2. ALWAYS challenge ANY increase in a Direct Debit.

3. Trust NO-ONE!

Rant over. Grrrrrrr!!

drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by eggnog Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:23 pm

Brian

No,it's not E15 a night, it's 14.996225. Sounds like a positive bargain to me! In the context of the LIBOR rate dust-up that's really quite a crude relationship. They were working to nine figures of decimals - minimum.

eggnog. Sir! Get back in the bunker laddy!
eggnog
eggnog

Auto-Sleeper : Talisman

Back to top Go down

Post by deckie Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:50 pm

eggnog wrote:Brian

No,it's not E15 a night, it's 14.996225. Sounds like a positive bargain to me! In the context of the LIBOR rate dust-up that's really quite a crude relationship. They were working to nine figures of decimals - minimum.

eggnog. Sir! Get back in the bunker laddy!

Sorry Eggnog,

I ran out of fingers hugegrins hugegrins

Brian

PS ....... I wrote this before reading your "Luxembourg" post ...... Strange or what scratch head

Last edited by deckie on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added PS)

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

Back to top Go down