The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blue water pipe and 90 deg u bend

5 posters

Go down

Blue water pipe and 90 deg u bend Empty Blue water pipe and 90 deg u bend

Post by hpatel Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:33 am

Hi if any of you guys can help - my freshwater tank has a blue pipe that goes from the tank to tap for the outlet. so far i must have replaced the blue pine 3 times in the past year - it's just that i keep buying off retailers and the quality is bad has anyone found a good quality blue pipe i can use. also, where the pipe is connected to the tank via a 90 deg fitting - the problem is that any time i want to discharge the water throug the tap i have to drop the tap off the clip  - frustrating when i unclip the tap the pipe pivots on the fitting so it's getting worn out hence a leak. can anyone help

Harry
hpatel
hpatel

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol plus
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Blue water pipe and 90 deg u bend Empty Re: Blue water pipe and 90 deg u bend

Post by Peter Brown Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:48 am

Use very flexible pipe and fix it to the floor or chassis somewhere near the tank so the fitting cant move when the pipe is flexed.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

RogerThat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:53 am

You can get the blue convoluted and grey convoluted pipe from AS spares by the metre. I've never had to replace the blue pipe but have replaced the grey twice in the 5 years I've owned it. I rarely empty the fresh tank through the pipe,  instead I pump it all through the sink into the waste tank, that way the waste tank gets a good rinse.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

RogerThat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by hpatel Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:58 am

Thank You all
hpatel
hpatel

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol plus

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:21 am

I've had issues with both blue and grey water hose drains. A-S only fitted a push-on 90 degree angle fitting to the outlets from each tank.
About a year ago perhaps, I filled up with fresh water at home only to find on arrival at the CAMC site that the re-enforced fresh water drain pipe had pulled out, our fresh water dumped onto the road during the journey.

I'm now having a similar issue with the grey water pipe as it becomes more inflexible with age. This time the detachment happened at home when I was emptying the waste water. I refitted the push-on fitting at the tank and gave it some gentle encouragement with a rubber headed hammer.

Probably replacing the pipe with some wide bore silicone pipe from eBay is the answer. I wouldn't replace the pipe with the more stuff from A-S, it will soon go stiff. like it has done before.
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton XL

Back to top Go down

Post by Kdc Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:26 am

I don’t really see it matters what colour the pipe is. I’ve had a couple of split failures on waste pipe due to frequent use (unclipping and lowering). Changed both for very flexible black plastic spiral reinforced pipe from garden centre intended for pond plumbing, which is available various sizes.
Seems to be more pliable and shows no signs of stress so far, been on two seasons.
Kdc
Kdc
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick xl

Peter Brown likes this post

Back to top Go down