The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo 2007 MES panel will not recognise fob

+3
Peter Brown
Knick-Knack
Willbery's Keepers
7 posters

Go down

Nuevo 2007 MES panel will not recognise fob Empty Nuevo 2007 MES panel will not recognise fob

Post by Willbery's Keepers Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:25 pm

Hello everyone, we have just taken on a Nuevo 2007 and would like to use a key fob to switch on the external awning light and internal strip lights. I managed to find a key fob part number 110C2-433A rev 4 which I hoped it would be easy to pair with the MES panel but when I go into the panel and select the option to register the fob nothing appears to happen. I've tried pressing the triangle and the circle together and singularly but the fob does not seem to be recognised. I've tried 2 fobs so I'm pretty certain it's not a battery issue. Could it be the panel is not receiving the fob signal for some reason? If there had been a successfully pairing would the panel have confirmed this? Any assistance would be gratefully received. Oh, I know the awning light and the coach lights are working as I've seen them all lit. The awning light is switchable from the panel and the internal coach lights come on when the switched light over the cooker/sink light is turned on. Thank you.
Willbery's Keepers
Willbery's Keepers

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Nuevo 2007 MES panel will not recognise fob Empty Re: Nuevo 2007 MES panel will not recognise fob

Post by Knick-Knack Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:03 pm

The MES Panel User Guide says:

"The KEY FOB SCREEN allows extra Remote Key Fobs to be coded to the Display. 
Press the Key Fob Symbol on the Systems Screen which will display the above for 10 
seconds and the unit will beep, during this time either button on the Key Fob has to 
be pressed so that the Display can recognise the Code and Store it into the Display. 
After 10 seconds approx the Display will return to the SYSTEMS SCREEN. 
 The Remote Key Fob has two Symbols ∆ and o. 
Pressing the ∆ will switch on the Awning Light and display AWN in the Top Left of 
the On Screen. 
Pressing the o will switch on the Entry Light. 
 If the range of the Key Fob reduces then the battery may need replacing simply 
remove the two screws from the Key Fob and replace the battery."

I hope this might help.  We've never wanted to use the fob on ours, so no idea if it works.
Knick-Knack
Knick-Knack

Male

Member Age : 72
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Nuevo 2007 MES panel will not recognise fob Empty Re: Nuevo 2007 MES panel will not recognise fob

Post by Willbery's Keepers Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:36 pm

Thanks for taking the trouble to respond Knick-Knack. Yes, that's the theory and that's the process we've tried with two different brand new fobs one direct from Autosleeper's parts department, but without success. The system counts down, I press the buttons and the panel returns to the system screen but why I then press the triangle or the circle neither the awning light of coach lights respond. As stated I know all the lights work so I'm assuming it's an issue with the pairing.
Willbery's Keepers
Willbery's Keepers

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:39 pm

As I recall, the only way to switch on the main internal lights was via the fob so its possible your wiring has been modified to convert it to a manual switch.  A friend bought a new Nuevo about that time and, both experienced AS owners, we spent a couple of hours and failed to find an option other than the fob for those lights.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Willbery's Keepers Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:42 pm

I suspect you may be correct Peter. The coach lights come on when the strip light over the cooker/sink is manually switched on. Thanks for your suggestion.
Willbery's Keepers
Willbery's Keepers

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Willbery's Keepers Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:43 am

Whilst I suspect Peter is probably right about a rewire can I just check whether for those who have been through a fob pairing whether there should be any response from the panel to confirm the pairing has been successful? Should it generate a message e.g. Fob added or should it beep or should there be a tick in the fob box on the system display? There doesn't seem to be any indication of successfully registering a fob. The only test appears to be to try it however that won't distinguish between a failed pairing of lights not working.
Willbery's Keepers
Willbery's Keepers

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lcparker Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:37 am

Switch the MES off and try it, then switch it back on again and try it. It seems to work with ours. I have no idea why!  🫤

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES LP

Back to top Go down

Post by Willbery's Keepers Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:03 am

Hello lcparker. Thanks for your suggestion. The old IT solution eh? Well if it worked for you it has to be worth trying. I'll let you know how I got on.
Willbery's Keepers
Willbery's Keepers

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:51 am

You could always call MES and ask advice. 01926 410327

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by JKL56 Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:49 pm

Hi everyone,
I wonder if I can add to this thread and ask if "Willbery's Keepers" managed to solve his problem with the key fob not being recognised by the MES panel. I have an AS Sigma of similar vintage which also has an MES panel. I have bought a new key fob as a spare (from the manufacturer not AS) and mine does not work either.
My van has not had the wiring modification to enable the main lights to turn on with the over sink light, so I am totally dependent on the key fob.
Many thanks and regards to all  John
JKL56
JKL56

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sigma
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:44 am

JKL56 wrote:Hi everyone,
I wonder if I can add to this thread and ask if "Willbery's Keepers" managed to solve his problem with the key fob not being recognised by the MES panel. I have an AS Sigma of similar vintage which also has an MES panel. I have bought a new key fob as a spare (from the manufacturer not AS) and mine does not work either.
My van has not had the wiring modification to enable the main lights to turn on with the over sink light, so I am totally dependent on the key fob.
Many thanks and regards to all  John

Welcome along , it’s always best to introduce your self here first and start your own post 

https://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/f36-asof-welcome-section-new-members-please-introduce-yourself-here

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by lcparker Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:04 am

This is the remote I bought from Ebay as it matches the one that came with the vehicle. It worked straight away. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125526206422

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES LP

Back to top Go down