The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo 2007

4 posters

Go down

Nuevo 2007 Empty Nuevo 2007

Post by lcparker Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:19 pm

I've just found that the wash basin on the swing shower door is cracked at the edge of the waste recess.  I've attempted to superglue it and then seal it but I'm not convinced it will last.  Is it possible to replace the washbasin or is there any other way of repairing it?  I don't suppose it's a regularly held spare part!

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES LP
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Nuevo 2007 Empty Re: Nuevo 2007

Post by Paulmold Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:28 pm

I don't know what your basin looks like but AS spares have this one in stock....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by lcparker Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:19 pm

Thanks Paul, that looks like the right one! I didn't know that Auto-sleepers still supplied them.  I suppose I guessed that, like most things today, they didn't support their older products!  I'll order one so I've got it when I'm ready to replace it.
Does anyone know how difficult they are to fit?

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:40 pm

Probably still stocked because  the swing wall continued in models much later.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by justjames Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:35 pm

I replaced the basin in my Nuevo 2007 recently. It didn't come out quite as easily as I anticipated as some pretty tough adhesive was used as well as sealant. Care had to be taken not to damage the supporting plastic panel (replacing that as well would have made it an expensive repair). Once out the fitting and sealing of the new one was simple, and so far watertight.
justjames
justjames

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

lcparker likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lcparker Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:30 pm

You were fortunate justjames.  The sealant at the back was so hard and shrunk it couldn’t be separated from the main panel.  The main panel had cracked just above the sealant so part of it came away with the basin.  The glue used at the front was particularly powerful and had to be carefully removed with a chisel.  I then had to repair the back panel with glue and plastic angle trim which I had in the garage.  I kept dropping the rubber sealing ring into the back of the panel which was a real pain to get out again.  I then found that the glue they had used to fix the reinforcing plate under the waste hole was leaking so I’ve attempted to solve it with more sealant.  I’m a master of bodging!  smile!

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by justjames Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:19 pm

Typical modern practice. Sell spares but make sure things are not easy to repair or replace. The slider on our fridge door broke recently but I was reluctant to pay £20 for a piece of plastic. A £3 tube of superglue (2 drops required) and a small piece of plastic to reinforce it has done the trick. I like a bit of bodging.  smile!
justjames
justjames

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

lcparker likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lcparker Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:01 pm

My fridge door slider just broke too.  I've put a short piece of plastic tube (cable insulation) on the spike to make it easier to use!  Not quite as stylish but functional!  smile!

Male

justjames likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gollum Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:31 pm

The reason the swing out shower assembly is put together using such strong adhesive (it's the same adhesive which is used to bond the GRP roof, ends and white plastic sealing strip on the main body) is that assembly has to be rigid so it swings as a single structure. Yes it makes removal of a damaged sink a problem but it can be done with a stanley knife (changing the blade frequently) and cutting slowly round and lifting it when possible to gain access to cut more. DON'T use silicone to re bond a new sink back it won't have the same strength. Use gorilla Grab it (in a tube) or Soudal fix all. when you have it in place leave it for 24hrs to cure fully. Then use white silicone to do a decorative line around the edge as required. Access to the sink drain socket and pipe is through the small panel at the rear of the swing out assembly. Don't forget to reseal it when you put it back! I was 35 years in the industry the last 8 working at Autosleepers in the R&D dept with the guy that designed the swing out shower. I was involved mainly in designing the wiring looms.
Gollum
Gollum

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo ES

Bilbobaggins likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gollum Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:26 am

ooops That should read fibreglass roof, ends and plastic sealing strip on the main body scratch head
Gollum
Gollum

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo ES

Back to top Go down