The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Towing a caravan with our Nuevo

+4
glyne lock
bikeralw
Caraman
Richard G
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Towing a caravan with our Nuevo - Page 2 Empty Re: Towing a caravan with our Nuevo

Post by Tinwheeler Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:21 pm

glyne lock wrote:Tinwheeler
are you talking about the hill on the a30 with the speed camera that people brake as they don't know the speed they can do on a dual carriageway and has a toilet block at the bottom . going down into Cornwall   the road surface is uneven near the bottom of the hill and makes the air seat in my truck work overtime. I did have a caravan turn over in front of myself and had to emergency stop fully loaded in my truck. I did manage to stop and not hit the caravan but was not  easy stopping and also not losing my load or braking any chains holding my load. so when you have had such a close miss you don't forget
There's more than one, Glyne. Highgate Hill at Fraddon, Cornwall (McDonald’s hill) is a prime site for rollovers due to the bend at the bottom. There’s another in Devon near Okehampton and another near Exeter with a speed camera. There are many incidences of tail wagging dog on the A30 every time the summer season comes around.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Towing a caravan with our Nuevo - Page 2 Empty Re: Towing a caravan with our Nuevo

Post by Guest Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:27 am

Tinwheeler wrote:
Bigplumbs wrote:
Caraman wrote:
I agree, it's quite easy to load a caravan so that it has the correct nose weight, just as it is to load a cargo trailer or car on a trailer.  The problem with a caravan, be it loaded or unloaded, is that its mass may not be balanced side to side and it is not all low down and concentrated around the axle as it should be to achieve maximum stability.

Me thinks you worry far too much about things that most people don't. Knowing the theory ain't no replacement for doing it
Or perhaps you don't give sufficient thought or care to such matters? There are two ways of looking at it as many a driver of a rolled caravan at the bottom of a hill on the A30 will testify. What price a little extra caution, eh?

Well there is a little extra caution then there is Obsession
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:29 am

Tinwheeler wrote:
are you talking about the hill on the a30 with the speed camera that people brake as they don't know the speed they can do on a dual carriageway and has a toilet block at the bottom . going down into Cornwall   the road surface is uneven near the bottom of the hill and makes the air seat in my truck work overtime. I did have a caravan turn over in front of myself and had to emergency stop fully loaded in my truck. I did manage to stop and not hit the caravan but was not  easy stopping and also not losing my load or braking any chains holding my load. so when you have had such a close miss you don't forget
There's more than one, Glyne. Highgate Hill at Fraddon, Cornwall (McDonald’s hill) is a prime site for rollovers due to the bend at the bottom. There’s another in Devon near Okehampton and another near Exeter with a speed camera. There are many incidences of tail wagging dog on the A30 every time the summer season comes around.

Don’t forget the one where the sky falls on your head. Many people know how to tow. I have been doing it for years
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:05 am

Bigplumbs wrote:
Tinwheeler wrote:

Don’t forget the one where the sky falls on your head. Many people know how to tow. I have been doing it for years
Have you? Well, with that experience I'm surprised you needed to ask advice on here.  shrugg

You do whatever you want but there was no need for sarcasm about my factual reply to Glyne.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Paulmold, groundhog, inspiredron, Roopert, Caraman and Bilbobaggins like this post

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2