The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broadway water pump

+3
inspiredron
Kdc
Hovis
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Broadway water pump - Page 2 Empty Re: Broadway water pump

Post by Paulmold Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:47 pm

Caraman wrote:
Paulmold wrote:
rgermain wrote:I have fitted a shut off valve, only because if I accidently hit the mixer tap I don't get a cold shower and wet clothing hugegrins hugegrins
Otherwise as Caraman says.
----------
Richard
Again,  that can also be avoided by fitting the trigger shower head. Unless you press that trigger, water doesn't come out.
Out of interest, do you leave the mixer tap open when the shower is not in use i.e. rely solely on the trigger valve to stop any flow?
No, but do leave it in its 'mixed position' so hopefully it will be correct temp next time its used.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

inspiredron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:52 pm

Management leaves the mixer tap open and relies on the valve, my OCD means I have to close the mixer tap every time, and when management has left it. The valve to my mind is only for use during showering. Mixer is left at same mix position
Bilbobaggins
Bilbobaggins
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:51 am

Fortunately my wife and I manage well with just the mixer tap and valve so no need on this occasion for a new gadget.  My wife doesn't use the shower head as a hand shower so using a trigger valve would be something else to learn.  Obviously I haven't tried it but leaving the mixer valve in the same position between showers in the hope that it will be right for the next shower seems problematic as the temperature of the hot water and/or cold water may have changed and the mixer valve may have been knocked during shower cleaning, when the mixer tap was turned off or when stowing things in the shower.  It also uses more water as the mixer valve will be drawing cold water from the start which will slow down the arrival of heat.  We use the mixer valve like a thermostatic valve and only reduce the hot water and introduce cold when the heat comes through.  Hey ho, whatever works.   content
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:06 am

Caraman wrote:
Paulmold wrote:
rgermain wrote:I have fitted a shut off valve, only because if I accidently hit the mixer tap I don't get a cold shower and wet clothing hugegrins hugegrins
Otherwise as Caraman says.
----------
Richard
Again,  that can also be avoided by fitting the trigger shower head. Unless you press that trigger, water doesn't come out.
Out of interest, do you leave the mixer tap open when the shower is not in use i.e. rely solely on the trigger valve to stop any flow?
Never.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:40 pm

I suppose a reason for not relying on just the shower head valve is that the flexible shower hose is not intended to withstand the pressure in our water system or at least not for long periods.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2